• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Release Date delayed 2 weeks to 13 Sep 2011

Long time player of RO. Played it when it was just a mod and haven't looked back. Games get delayed, its what happens when you have devoted folks wanting this game to be what they expect it to be and nothing less.

I still plan on pre-ordering this Friday even with the delay. This is hands down for me the best WW2 gaming experience and with RO2 its only going to get better.

Thanks to all the folks who have worked hard to get to this point, a few more weeks won't hurt at all.

Upvote 0
Can people cancel there pre-order during the beta if they dont like it?

If they can then thats also a good reason to make sure the game is working well before unveiling it to any purchasing customers. If not it'll turn into how the stock market was yesterday.

If those people mistake the beta for a multiplayer demo and decide to cancel their preorder im not sure these people area great loss to the community.

Reactions: Sgt.NightFire
Upvote 0
Two extra weeks to add in med kits for the G4TV review crew!

LOL, that review....
I actually enjoyed G4TV somewhat until THAT review
"omg you won't believe this, RO has no medkits! AND YOU GET KILLED A LOT. AND YOU HAVE TO BOLT YOUR RIFLE."
I can't believe they rated based on that. And never took it back after RO one GOTY

A brave Decision and one I applaud..Give the fans what they deserve and take the extra time to do it..Well done TWI

I agree, although, I suppose it's a little easier to say as one who is in the closed beta :p

Upvote 0
Not the end of the world to me. I can understand being peeved if you ponied up the money early, which I was about to do (but now I can wait until my next paycheck, which is nice), but you know the game is coming, we can safely assume (based on it's predecessor) it will be awesome, and if they need two weeks to make it better, I'm all for it.

I'm also happy with the mild resurgence of RO: Ostfront on steam, in terms of server action online. Things had gotten pretty quiet, naturally (the game has been out for 5 years) but lately has really picked up again, and I've been having a blast playing it. So I actually see this as two more weeks to keep enjoying RO before Heroes takes us all by storm ;)

Upvote 0
Guys were still getting access to the closed beta at the same time

so does it really matter about a 2 week wait - will still be play the ssame game we would if they realsed on time as the beta then would have been the relased version

as long as we get to play on the same dates - I'm a happy bunny :)

and judging by all the post so afr on this the beta still on track so well get a bit longer to beta as well :)

Upvote 0
Lol, I had never read that G4TV review. I just went and found it. It's total crap, but also the things they don't like about RO just reinforce what I personally love about it. And at the end, the reviewer admits that the "five percent will probably have the time of their lives"... Well, I've been more than happy to be in that five percent. ;)

Upvote 0
So where is this G4tv review? I just searched on their website and can't find it anywhere!!

*edit*

never mind, found it, what a horrible review, they did not even bother to mention one good thing about it. If the game was really as bad as they say it was to them, than it would have died out a month after its release, but its still going strong to this day. So up yours g4tv :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My faith in TWI is unshaken.

And for the rest of you gentlemen,

200px-Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On_Poster.svg.png

/Nutty

Upvote 0