• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Mod News

Superb news... I look forward to the release in early 2007 then.

In the meantime, I'll keep playing RO:Ost in anticipation for the additional content.
Will the new additions be 'sold' as seperate games? Or will they be provided free-of-charge to existing RO owners? Or has that decision not been made yet?

Either way, keep up the good work Tripwire & Mare Nostrum.

Upvote 0
Superb news... I look forward to the release in early 2007 then.

In the meantime, I'll keep playing RO:Ost in anticipation for the additional content.
Will the new additions be 'sold' as seperate games? Or will they be provided free-of-charge to existing RO owners? Or has that decision not been made yet?

Either way, keep up the good work Tripwire & Mare Nostrum.

its gonna be a free addition, so all you have to do is download our game and play it. The mod is really an unofficial expansion for RO, so its more or less the basic principles of RO just in another setting with different forces and weapons, and of course new additions, like the mantling, sniper IS, etc.

Upvote 0
Is it going to be free? Sorry if someone has already said so but I am in a hurry.
Most mods are free right? I sure hope so, look very interesting.

Nuts, sorry, I am an idiot, had I looked 2 posts up... sheesh

/slap.

**2nd Edit* Heh sorry, but are you going to get Steam to.... you know... support it? Please try to. Just a suggestion. Good work though, I think it looks pretty nice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be cool if there was an option to put the covers on the scope until you're ready to fire, so no one can see your twinkly twinkles ;)

:eek: My god man cover your twinkles! <zzzzzziiiiiiiiip>

that's better. :D

If you can see flashes from a sniper scope does the same work for bino's ?

Squad leader: "Hey soldier can you see a sniper?"
soldier: "Not from here sir too far away"
Squad leader: "Ahh,erm here try these binos"
soldier "Thank you sir I'll have a peep at those buidings".....<ZZzzip THUD>
Squad leader "SNIPER!.... oh and can I have a new pair of binos?"
:)

Upvote 0
dont forget the canadians in all this...without their bravery and heroics the brits and americans could not have accomplished what they did. canadians played a huge part in winning major offences in italy and throughout europe. it would be a major faux pas as far as realism is concerned to exclude them.

i totally agree,Cdn's n Aussie's played a big part in WW2,,,,pls include these in ur mod at some point thx.

The Mod sounds great.I will be following this n DL'in when ready,,,cheers,,,,,:cool:

Upvote 0
This is just incredible news. I'm so looking forward to N. Africa and then Italian campaign. And all those new weapons and additions to game play. Wow. I'm just a bit baffled with Italian campaign where we have Italians vs. Brits and Yanks...What happened to Germans in Italy. I thought they had to "occupy" Italy to try to stop Allies Advances. I hope to see battle for Monte Cassino, or Anzio, something along the Gothic Line, and I hope to see Germans next to Italians...Either way it'll be fun. Major respect and big thank you to devs for working on this...You have a very, very happy soldier here...
Also, when I think of N. Africa, I mostly think of Germans and Brits.

Upvote 0