• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Mod News

RO Mod News

A little extra: some news from the newly-founded "Mare Nostrum" mod team... click on their banner above to take a look in more detail - they have a newsletter running there too. Of course, we are really pleased to see this one coming together and look forward to featuring other new RO mods here in the future. In the meantime, some more detail from the Mare Nostrum team:

Mare Nostrum is a modification for Red Orchestra that will take you from the deserts of Africa, through the Mediterranean and finally on the road to Rome.

There will be two campaigns, the first of which will focus on recreating the intense infantry and tank battles of the North African campaign during WW2. Due for release in the first quarter of 2007 it will be called Mare Nostrum: Afrikafeldzug 40-43.

You will be able to play as the British VIII Army or the AfrikaKorps. In addition to the new forces, we will be including a variety of new features for the first release including:

• 6-8 Historically inspired maps, focusing on combat at Tobruk, Agedabia, Fort Capuzzo, Sidi Rezegh, Gazala and many more!
  • 14+ new weapons including the Thomson 1928-A1, Bren II, SMLE No. 1 MKIII, Pattern 14 sniper and the Panzerb

ah first :D
i thought there already is an africa mod?
hmmm would be a waste of time to do nearly the same ammount of time twice...

well but its nice to see more mods :D
Mare Nostrum is a merger between the Africa mod formerly known as Burning Sands and the Italy mod formerly known as I Totally Forgot The Name Of The Italy Mod.

Upvote 0
ah first :D
i thought there already is an africa mod?
hmmm would be a waste of time to do nearly the same ammount of time twice...

well but its nice to see more mods :D

Burning Sands which was the African Mod and Campagna Italiana which was the Italian Mod have joined forces and merged.

Further details can be found in the Tunis Telegraph (Mare Nostrum Newsletter)

Upvote 0
one thing im missing
where is all the media from burning sands?
they had a few weapon models ready and a few tank models ready
cant fidn em on the page :S

anyways i wish you guys luck and i think this will be one of the best mods avalible out there :)

All the old Burning Sands and Campagna Italiana has now been re-branded and is all located here

MEDIA GALLERY

Upvote 0