• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Makhnovo released

Nestor Makhno

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
Last edited:
Played this a few times this weekend. Nice looking map. Once you get the pattern of where the open spots in the fences are, it becomes less frustrating :D .

However, the 6 or so rounds I played on this all ended up being decided by reinforcements, which to me isnt as fun as needing to hold that last objective for dear life. We were easily able to hold the Poshta the entire round, but lost due to reinforcements running out. So what happened was we'd have one dude hiding (plenty of places to hide!) and the entire Axis team driving their halftrack to the last two objectives and capping them unopposed. Thats fine and all, but kind of anticlimactic. No big finale fight over the Church. Has anyone else experienced this?

Upvote 0
Thanks guys - ur making me blush.

Just so you know - no matter how much you like this work it is as nothing compared to the next project - a team effort which I am privileged to be a part of - keep an eye out for maps by RedStarBlackCross.

Those really WILL pwn - we have a talented, enthusiastic team who want to extend the boundaries of RO:Ost - new gameplay, new weps, new vehicles, new nations - the RO community is in for a big treat when this stuff comes through.

To Rez - in most of the games I've been involved in axis have won following a bitter fight for the church - but that is mostly because I have been feeding tips to the rest of the axis team about how to cap. Once axis start co-ordinating, you find the balance swings a lot in their favour. If they don't, they are fuxXxzor'ed, no two ways about it. In fact, punishment team-killings of anyone who drives off in a halftrack without a full-load are pretty much mandatory for axis to win.

As for allies running out of reinf's - that has happened and I think after a while, when feedback has filtered through on a significant scale, there will be the following tweaks:

1 - adjustment of reinf levels/time (me)
2 - optimisation (thanks witzig!)
3 - Bot pathing (any offers?)

I predict that once a few players who have seen how axis can win start spreading the word you will find more rewarding games being played. The ones I've been in have been intense and bitter right to the final cap of the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0