• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

Evilhobo said:
The new fausts allow you to be sneaky by not giving your position away as easily. Furthermore, you can look to see where it impacts, I don't find it to be that difficult. Adjust your aim along those lines.
nice m8,
Have not tried them out at long range yet, I think they're ok though.

Oh yeah Ive seen a bunch of pics of what looks like the ISU-152 in this area. Any plans to add it if it comes out later?

Evil Hobo said:
Absolutely no notice since the beta was released...

Do not feel bad m8 alot of people love your map. Im very glad there are still people out there like you who actually make battlefield maps not like those other so-called "mappers" that steal 90% of their stuff from default RO and the "map" is so small and linear it feels like a bad CS-map Rip. Seriously guys if you can run through 6 different building as if they there a inter-connected super warehouse for Walmart then theres a problem.( like in CS, and DOD buildings are all interconnected you could probably walk from 1 end of the map to the next inside the interconnected buildings). other than a duplex I cant think of any other building remotely like that in real life that isnt well a warehouse.-lol I hope you guys know what I mean.

arnold said:
sorry for quoting a site 1 post; but the front of the turret is not 100+100mm thick. its just 100mm thick! the 2. armor plate is the one on the side. the t34 should be able to penetrate the turret from the front, if it impacts with a 90

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EH,

I have played this map for more hours than any other Beta that has come out. I have changed classes so many times from rifleman to tanker to SMG, depending on what is most suitable for the area of the map I am playing. This map provides a thorough RO workout.

IMHO it is the best combined tank arms map I have played. Was playing it last night on a full LDG server, lots of clan guys in there, good communication being used, and it was fantastic. I was even in a winning allied team for the first time! And the Axis were down to 0% with two minutes to go. First time I had seen the reinforcements depleted. The balance of the map seems good, and the loadout for both sides is spot on. Well done. Looking forward to Beta 3

Upvote 0
My favorite thing to do is pinch an MG-42 off a dead body, then go setup high, overlooking the approach to the capzone, then wait... wait for it... like a big cat in the grass. A stream of enemies will eventually appear, sprinting to reinforce the capzone... let them get close... closerrrr... BBBRRRRRRRRRAAAPPPPPPPBRRRRRRRAAAAAPPPP - then watch them all fall and scatter cause they have no idea where it's coming from, rofl.

:D

Upvote 0
My favorite thing to do is pinch an MG-42 off a dead body, then go setup high, overlooking the approach to the capzone, then wait... wait for it... like a big cat in the grass. A stream of enemies will eventually appear, sprinting to reinforce the capzone... let them get close... closerrrr... BBBRRRRRRRRRAAAPPPPPPPBRRRRRRRAAAAAPPPP - then watch them all fall and scatter cause they have no idea where it's coming from, rofl.

:D

Looks like someone understands the concept of the tarp;)

Upvote 0
EH,

I have played this map for more hours than any other Beta that has come out. I have changed classes so many times from rifleman to tanker to SMG, depending on what is most suitable for the area of the map I am playing.
Yeah I just played 2 rounds on 2 different servers (of course my only selection is 200+ ping servers, yay!) and of course constantly switching roles to attempt to get something going but when 90% of your team is as clueless as a newborn baby there's really no way in hell to win on this map. Imagine everything that can go wrong and it almost certainly happened. Both rounds were like horrific nightmares of absolute futility and abysmal teamwork and totally non-existant tactics. I can't handle too many more episodes like those, it really drives you insane.

Upvote 0
Great map mate, one of the best ever allthough those new uniforms take alot getting used to since the russian and german are so alike at a distance anyhow. I once witnessed a scene where 3 germans and 2 russians were standing right next to each other picking up weapons and not noticing until i let rip with my smg:D.

Upvote 0
Some of the best moments on this map are experiencing that uncertainty. Not knowing straight away if that soldier is friend or foe. Of course, this facet of EH's gameplay is also potentially hilarious... as when two members of the opposite team join forces to clear out a building, acting as a team. Then I come up and shoot one of them, and get tk'ed by my friendly... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Looks like someone understands the concept of the tarp;)

tarp-30198-795894.jpg

Yes, the concept of tarp is quite diffucult to understand. Sorry, I just had to.:D

Is it just me or is the Mg42 sound pretty nonexistant? I always hear the bullets whizzing, nothing more.

Upvote 0