• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt beta 1

MOLTKE BRIDGE ATTACK GUIDE

I've been playing this map on both sides alot lately, and yes the final
objective is very hard to cap as russians. However, the russians are making
major mistakes in their tactics 90% of the time, since many are new to this
map.

At the moment, panzerfausts are plentiful and easy to get. SO...

Tank tactics for Moltke Bridge

1. Do not bring up the tanks closer than ~120 meters of the german held bank.

2. The IS2 should be on the right side of the russian barricade, blasting any
machine gunners it sees with HE and using the coaxial machine gun to mow
down the germans exiting from the far right exit (directly onto the street)
from this position I've seen even novice tankers get 5 kill shots (keep in
mind there was a total of 15 germans).

3. The SU-76 should be slightly to the left of the russian barricade, nailing
the right side building and any targets infantry tell them to hit. If they
have spare HE shells, they should concentrate on the 2nd floor left
window, where the faust spawns are.

Infantry tactics for Moltke Bridge:

This objective is crazy hard and crazy frustrating for the standard russian infantryman.

1. Riflemen should move and fire, concentrating mostly on enemy
machine-gunners. Try to keep to the little protrusions on the side of the
bridge, which give you adequate cover most of the time. Move down one
at a time, or else you're likely to get shot.

2. Machine gunners (2 of them). One should be set up midway up the bridge
on the right side, putting suppressing fire on the right side building's
windows and/or killing the germans who use the alleyway exit on the far
right (far too many are making it from there to the rubble). The other
should be resting his gun on the halftrack, and mostly concentrating on denying any germans entrance to the left buildings.

3. Autovmachik. You ain't gonna kill many germans by spraying the
windows. Your job is to move up along the side of the bridge and secure
the pile of rubble. Once you have done so, proceed cautiously to the
german held buildings and try to cause a ruckus up there.

4. Meanwhile the riflemen can move up to the rubble pile and SPREAD OUT.
I've seen quadruple and triple nade kills to last me a lifetime due to stupid
fools who bunch up behind that rubble. If the rubble is already crowded,
head to the left buildings and hold those. If the attempt at the objective
fails, you can deny the germans the left fausts and shoot their defenders
in the back (those who attempt to go to the rubble)

Commander and tank commander... There should be 3 active tankers and a
tank commander. 1 tanker takes care of the SU, 2 the IS2, since they
aren't going in the cap zone.(fausted in 2 seconds). The two commanders
should be the last to get in the cap zone behind the rubble and if possible,
into the left buildings.

If you follow these instructions, even the best German team should be Tarped. (trapped)

Good luck,
Hamburgerphil

P.S. However, since at least 70% of the players in RO seem to not know
what they are doing, the chances of successfully capping this objective
before Beta2 without the help of at least 10 clan players is highly doubtful.

Upvote 0
How would people feel if I released Beta 2 as it is, instead of waiting to make sure that the PaK Guns work? The issue can probably be traced to the AT gun base code (which went unaltered throughout the development process), which can be patched by AHz when the time comes.

The other thing I am trying to do is link the Panzerfaust spawns to the normal spawns.

Other than that...

It's pretty much ready to go.

Upvote 0
Keep the massive interest rolling with this great map and release it now.

Its good to have a hard map. I remember Gorlitz was outstanding until the suggestion of a "hard map fix" was to introduce smoke nades to the commander load-outs.

Again, I would like "not" to see the PzFst smoke trials. As stated above it gives away your position. Especially on a map with the enhanced MG tracer fire. Why introduce invisible MG's but still have obvious PzFst'ers?

Upvote 0
Keep the massive interest rolling with this great map and release it now.

I'll try to release it later today. Currently have quite a non-map related workload ahead of me and at the moment that is taking precedence. Before I release Beta 2 I'm going to do a comprehensive quality check to make sure all of the features and changes are working as intended, and that visual anomalies are eliminated (I took everything being correct for granted with the Beta 1 build, but in between builds bad things happened). So, either today or tomorrow you can expect Beta 2. I'll work on getting it on the {CoreNA} Kriegstadt 24/7 server and getting the files sent to my German friends over at PzDF so that Europeans can have their Kriegstadt fix.

Oh, I. Kant, regarding the PaK43 not working when you have manual reloading enabled, the gun will become broken if someone who does not have manual reloading enabled tries to use the gun and then disengages from it. Very strange bug.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the updates, Hobo.

About the smoketrails on the Panzerfausts, I'd say: go with the most realistic option. If they didn't have a smoketrail in real life, remove them. It would also force Russian tank crewmen and machine gunners to spot Germans in the buildings with their binoculars, rather than just shooting the
windows the trails come from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0-GYN1bZYo&mode=related&search=

Looks like it doesn't have much of a smoketrail, if those are live rounds that is. So tweaking the fausts might be a good idea. However, a lot of smoke builds up around the firer too, which would definitely give away his position! Probably best to experiment a bit with it.

Upvote 0
Hobo, in terms of the pak guns... until they are fixed, consider getting the server admins to run a message on their 24/7 servers that tells people to put on manual reloading. I'm really looking forward to seeing the smoke less fausts. In fact, if we're going full realism, you should up the faust damage to 1 shot kills on every tank except the IS2 but make them take a long time to respawn... 2 minutes at the least, and let the germans carry only one at a time. Like this, one guy can't take out an IS2 and an SU in 7 seconds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If I mess any more with the fausts, I can put that aside for Beta 3. In regard to smoke, I could make it such that it uses a more compressed version of the smoke left after a tank shell is fired. Additionally, rather than go through and meticulously edit the faust respawn times to work with having players be able to carry only one faust, I think I will let it be (as otherwise I'd be delaying the release).

So I guess...

Beta 2:
-2 fausts max
-Increased faust spawn times
-Faust can one-hit kill an SU76
-No smoke trail

Beta 3:
-1 faust max
-Further increased spawn times
-Smoke cloud left after firing.

I guess you can try looking for the map around 6PM EDT tonight.

Upvote 0
Tank destruction effects are a fickle thing to work with, it appears you either have to take all or nothing. What I wanted to see happen was just for the tank to explode and then for the hull to remain there, burnt-out but not burning. It doesn't seem like any values I input made a difference, as I was left with it going up in flames or just immediately swapping out for the destroyed hull.

Currently, I am opting for the latter for the sake of optimization purposes. If future code work goes well, I can simply replace the package.

A rebuild of the map is in progress, so Beta 2 isn't too far away.

Upvote 0
After last night's {CoreNA} test session I made some more changes to the map which should improve it further...Axis will have an easier time holding the first few objectives due to their spawns being somewhat moved up, and they can't have their spawn camped at the Bank any more.

Updated version is in the process of being uploaded to the {CoreNA} Kriegstadt 24/7 server; provided everything goes well, I should have a public release ready for tonight or tomorrow.

Upvote 0