• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO getting Gamier?

RO getting Gamier?

• Yes

Votes: 149 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 156 51.1%

• Total voters
I think that would be a fun mod...

It has nothing really to do with the main game. I'm just saying that after everyone said that the tank system was too conmpromised and not realistic enough, the mgs weren't right. But instead we saw mass introduction of smoke grenades and g41's.

Smoke nades were a absolute must in this game especially if realism is what we were looking for. mp42... g41 I could have done without if it meant tanks getting more polish as well as the Mg getting alittle attention. I think they are working on it, and I am not worried. With every patch they are fixing bugs here and there.

Tripwire as a company has a great staff and a great work ethic. As a customer I am satisfied by the initial product that they offered as well as the excelent support the product has been getting.

If you say boo to this go play BF2 and talk to EA for a while, you'll come back happy to play RO again.

Upvote 0
Yes the game is moving out of its purpose, I think the team is going away from realism. When they put out updates just to the people on the free weekend because they couldn't understand the class names? The new update that put the bullets next to the fire switch mod...why? Don't think they had little bullets showing them what mod they were on in ww2. This game as of now is moving towards sales, not existing members, the new gun is great, but I didn't see any unbalancing with any maps, I guess they were talking about players that have no skill?

Quicker than remodeling the STG completly so you can see the fireselector on the side of the gun, also it's an asthetic change. Gameplay was not affected.

Upvote 0
I keep reading about dolphin diving....I've been playing since the free week and have not yet been killed by dolphin diver, I don't think. I often dive to get the kill shot if the circumstances are right. Doesn't seem to be that much of a problem, and as for realism, if you were confronted face to face with armed enemy what is wrong with diving to the ground and shooting? It is perfectly plausable. There would be no more recovery time with the adrenaline etc by diving and shooting than by sidestepping and shooting in real life. Soldiers are trained to hit the ground and shoot in basic training. I like it.

Get dolphin dived, and then go try hitting a can with you BB gun at 10yrds dolphin diving.

Upvote 0
for example........ panzerfaust to a tank......... thats easy....

PTRD to a tank........... too picky...... shots bounce all the time........ wtf its doing no damage what so ever to the tank...... Ive shot the tanks at least 15 times and still nothing.......

At least in the mod the PTRD was done right...... it had killing power..... wasnt picky with shots at all...... and best of all it killed tank crew.......

The weapons just dont balance out at all........ the ruski's are greatly disadvantaged when it comes to anti tank combat............
Be glad PTRD is the way it is, otherwise you'll really be like the russians in WWII, assed out for effective ways for infantry to take out tanks.

PTRD is still to powerfull infact I'm glad that it does as much damage as it does now on a perpendicular shot. One hit to the ammo box and the tiger is dead, and it's easy to do.

Technically speaking PTRD could only pierce the early war tanks like the first model panzer, and light vehicles, once the newer model tanks started coming out the only thing the PTRD was good for was taking out treads, optics, drivers and light vehicles.

What I'm pissed is that the tanks are to easy to kill on RO, and it's a ***** to kill thier tracks. That and the halftrack is near invunerable to the PTRD. I have an easier time killing a tiger than I do a friggin halftrack.

Upvote 0
Be glad PTRD is the way it is, otherwise you'll really be like the russians in WWII, assed out for effective ways for infantry to take out tanks.

Don't think the Russians were really strapped for ways to take out tanks, they learned pretty early on that the best way to deal with tanks is to bring more and better tanks to the fight...

The point about the PTRD being better at killing the tiger than a half-track is true though.

Upvote 0
You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Here's a tip.

It was not "machined" better than the G43 and it wasn't nearly as well built as the G43

Out of my whole post you singled that out to try and get me wrong. And you were wrong about it.

Try again young padawan. ( or whatever the f*ck the star wars fans call it)

Afternoon,
Jono
Oh really? Here be some quotes that state other wise my good sir! Please try not to use Starwars terms especially from the "new" Starwars "movies".
The G 43was a beautiful design which was much cheaper and faster to produce.
Its simplified design was also much cheaper and simpler to mass produce. The weapon was also known as the Karabiner 43, abbreviated to K 43. It became a popular weapon amongst German snipers, who appreciated its simple and reliable design.
One of the problems with the Gew-41(W) was that it was difficult and slow to manufacture due to use of machined parts rather than stamped parts found on the later Gew-43. Another issue was that it was long and poorly-balanced. The integral magazine was also slow to load.
The Walther designed Gewehr41 is in outward appearance not unlike the G43. most metal parts on this rifle were machined steel, and some rifles, especially later examples utilized the bakelite type plastic
With the development of the G43, the Germans had at last a semi-automatic rifle design that could be mass produced in relatively short order. With the subtitution of stamped sheetmetal parts for many of the earlier milled steel components on the G41(W), and time saving short cuts such as a pressed in barrel in lieu of threading, and forged receivers, production time and rifle weight were significantly reduced

Really it isnt that surprising if you anything about WW II.The Reich was crumbling fast in 1944.The Germans had very limited supplies and resources not to mention they had to get this and many other weapons to their troops quickly!So they took "short cuts" as one of my quotes state. In fact I read somewhere some Gewehr-43s stocks were made from plastic and old furniture in the war for speedy production and because on limited supplies.The Gewehr-43 was a fine rifle but it was an expident rifle not like the Karabiner98k or the Gewehr-41.There was a thread about this some where here on the ro-forums. My point being The Gewehr -41 was a better rifle when the complecated bang system on it worked but the Gewehr 43 was a more reliable rifle. Not to say the Gewehr-43 wasnt accaurate because it was! It was the top German sniperrifle of the late war.

http://www.gewehr43.com/info.html- heres one link I can remeber off the top of my head I closed the other ones by
accident:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If they do, and do it properly and realistically, not many people will be taking the G41 because it will be cr*p

Exactly how often should it jam? You do realize that the dirt and cold that caused these weapons to jam isn't represented in the game at all? Do you want to make it so that Tanks can't be started on winter maps? Because that was a LOT more likely than the weapon jamming you're so keen on having put in the game.

Or how about the tiger's road wheels freezing up?

Since most players live for between 1 and 5 minutes before dying, do you really think that the weapon would jam in that amount of time?

No, I'm sorry, you haven't put any thought into this. You simply read somewhere that this weapon jammed "a lot" and you want to see that modelled. Since ALL weapons in the game are operating like they just left the factory, I don't think it is appropriate to model jamming or other mechanical failures.

Upvote 0
Is RO losing it's realism approach and appeal?
It already has, the very day RO: Ost came out. TW made changes to the gameplay to appeal a wider range of people and failed in that, IMO. What was originally meant to be a simulation isn't anymore so, and neither is an arcade game. Too much fast-paced and not enough realistic to appeal sim-lovers and too much skill-based (and possibly frustrating) to appeal casual gamers. The rare times I play it I can see the server list getting thinner and sometimes I find hard to find a populated server to play in. I just hope that coming out mods find out what's "wrong" and correct it.

Upvote 0
Since most players live for between 1 and 5 minutes before dying, do you really think that the weapon would jam in that amount of time?

No, I'm sorry, you haven't put any thought into this. You simply read somewhere that this weapon jammed "a lot" and you want to see that modelled. Since ALL weapons in the game are operating like they just left the factory, I don't think it is appropriate to model jamming or other mechanical failures.

You're sorry? don't worry , i forgive you.

Look ,what Tripwire says and implements in their game is not history carved on stone.
You've developed something known as kissingtripwire'sasssyndrome.Very common in the RO community.

Anyway i give up. You keep on thinking that the G41 should be in a "realism" game and that it was alright...Suit yourself.

Upvote 0
But that's just it. The G41 apparently WASN'T crap. If it was well maintained, apparently it performed BETTER than the G41, just as it does in game. So modelling jams, while a really neat-o IDEA would probably **** in practice. Plus, if they start modelling jams for that, they'll have to model jams for multiple weapons, including the Luger (which apparently was ALSO prone to jamming).

The G41 may have been hard to maintain, but the game already "unrealistically" models certain "ideal scenarios." For example, every soldier is roughly the same height and weight, has the same degree of stamina, and is capable of exactly the same physical feats (jumping height, running speed, etc.). No tank ever gets stuck in mud. No machinegun ever jams. No grenades are ever duds. No primers on ammunition are ever bad and no barrel ever gets clogged with dirt or dust or mud no matter how many artillery shells explode by you and no matter how many muddy trenches you dive into.

The game already "assumes a best case scenario" for TONS of stuff, yet no one seems to complain about it. And yet, when the devs release a new weapon, people go ballistic about how it's RUINED the gameplay and is CLEARLY more gamey and so on and so forth.

Plus, ask yourself this. How do you propose they design the FREQUENCY of jams? Should it be a random number? Should it happen one out of every 500 times you fire? One out of every 1000? 2000? 5000? 43? 28? We don't really know, do we? All we have are general assertions that "The weapon was prone to jamming and difficult to maintain in the field". We have NO data on the frequency of jams, what conditions caused them, etc.

Look at my above post.

The same goes for you.

Upvote 0
RO getting gamier?

orlylostgo5.jpg

Upvote 0
Well well i think you just got all those people who thought RO was a realism game down there, Yoshi.

Then again you might open some peoples eyes.

p.s Even a dev has said that it "was somewhat rare", kind of knocks down the " but plenty were produced" argument doesnt it?

Realism game. Two words to that, and neither one of them is 'simulator'.

Some people are just looking for something to ***** about. Rare gun? Yes. Needed to balance out early war maps? Yes. This addition falls to the 'game' part. Armor not working quite right? That falls under the 'realism' part.

Upvote 0