• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO getting Gamier?

RO getting Gamier?

• Yes

Votes: 149 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 156 51.1%

• Total voters
To the person that said you have never seen someone shoot while dolphin diving, I have. The other day on kaukasus some German dove off a small cliff and brought up his MP40 sights, he had enough hang time for the prone animation to finish and while he was in midair he pumped aimed 9mm rounds into me, ROUNDS not A round. He continued to fire into my dead corpse as he hit the ground....yup.....real life soldiers are trained to do that :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Speaking of the sniper icon, whatever happened to the old PTRD icon? All the weapons show their bullet as the kill icon. The PTRD used to be the same, with a massive bullet showing up, but since Ost it's just a normal sized rifle round. Looks kinda of silly when you blow up a tank with what appears to be a rifle round. Also takes the "haha" factor away when you drill an infantryman with one. :p

Any chance of us getting that icon back? I mean, if we can have a sniper icon... :)

Upvote 0
Of course. That's a sign that the devs are doing something right, IMO. You can't please everybody all the time :)

It's also a sign that the devs wont care if we all vote yes, they'll just keep doing what they want =P.

To be honest, some people just dont care how gamey RO gets- that's why it's half and half.

When it gets gamey, don't blame us realism nuts!

Upvote 0
Speaking of the sniper icon, whatever happened to the old PTRD icon? All the weapons show their bullet as the kill icon. The PTRD used to be the same, with a massive bullet showing up, but since Ost it's just a normal sized rifle round. Looks kinda of silly when you blow up a tank with what appears to be a rifle round. Also takes the "haha" factor away when you drill an infantryman with one. :p

Any chance of us getting that icon back? I mean, if we can have a sniper icon... :)
It's always been that way as far as I could tell. It's always looked the same size as the rifle bullet to me. I always wished they'd make the PTRD bullet icon larger to distinguish.

Upvote 0
Well what makes Redorchestra seem a bit gamey to me is:

1.The tank deflections-They happen too often and even at close range. The T-34/76 and 85 as well as the Su-76 are the main offenders.
2.Tank guns -1 88mm round should kill any tank(unless hit on tracks ) and it should never deflect! The T-34/76 should never pentrate the frontal armor of a Tiger I nor should any other Soviet tanks in game save the T-34/85 and The IS-2. The T-34/85 should only pentrate the Tiger I at 100m when the Tiger I is angled (this is the only time the TigerI should angle itself) unangled or at 90 degrees a T-34 /85 can penetrate the Tiger I at 500m.
3.The Panzer III L should be a bit stronger since it has more armor(frontal and rear) than the Panzer IV F2 and its 50mm gun should deflect at long ranges or if not fired from 90 degrees at medium range. At short range every thing should pentrate.
4.The Soviet At-rifle and its "magic" 1 shot frontal shots-Unrealistic!!! It should only penetrate sides of PanzerIII L! Sides and rear of PanzerIV F2 and in several shots!
5.Clown car- no elaboration nessary
6.Panzerfaust added in places the Soviets can easliy access-Very unrealistic
7.The Panzer IV F2 and StugIII F/8 in game especially on late maps
8.Ro-Arad and really all late war maps.The Germans dont get any Late War tanks at all save the 1 Panther G!!! They should have more Panthers and a TigerII instead of a I(although in the Tiger I's defense it fought until the end of the war)!
9. No German winter camo for the soliders (this one could actually cause a bit of problems since the Soviets are also wearing winter camo).
10.Svt-40 sniper variant still found on maps later than 1942.
11. Omition of the bayonet on the Gewehr-41 and Stg-44 -lol this is very minor really shouldnt have posted this-:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK I see what you guys mean by dolphin diving now, although I still think that you have to be firing in mid air to call it dolphin diving.

Still I don't see the fact that you can fire instantly upon hitting the ground as game breaking, I certainly don't notice anybody dominating by using this tactic. It's an easy thing to fix, make it so you can't IS while flying through the air, that way people can only start going to IS when they hit the deck, but they can also widly spray unaimed faster if they choose.

Upvote 0
No matter what they do to the game, people will still play unrealistically in any way possible.

Im for all the changes they have made, hasn't toned down the realism at all.

Yes, some things should be addressed, but hopefully TW is already working on those things.

It's not all TW fault, it's the playerbase too.

:EDIT: If you don't like a HUD element they add, just turn it off. [-] key

And sometimes yes, I find myself playing a bit more gamey than i'd like, but you know what? I stop that, and just pretend i'm in a movie. =P Live or die, it doesn't matter, as long as it was realistic.

I'd also like to say that public games have gotten better lately, a lot of teamwork being used.

Upvote 0
Those are more historical accuracy issues rather than realism/gamey problems
Pehaps, but it gives the Soviets anunfair advantage over the Germans that doesnt even justify itself realisticly. So I call it "gamey" much like the BAR on DodS which can snipe people from accross a map I call that "gamey" or "arcade" as well.

It's not all TW fault, it's the playerbase too

I dont think anyone is here to blame TW after all they brought us a wonderful game of course it has some errors but Its the best bloody WW2 game out so far.

A small question I have :

why was the Clown car put in? There are trucks and other such soviet conterparts to the halftrack(voroshilovets,Gaz-AAA,riding Tanks,ect.). In fact the Clown car was inspired by the German sdkf 222(the Soviets even tried to mount a antitank on the turret of the Ba-64) so wouldnt it have been more logical to put in the sdkf 222 to counter the clowncar?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Given my limited time with the patch I think Ro is evolving nicely. My only real issues are more to do with system stability that ruins my enjoyment/frustration(when the team I'm on is getting it's ass kicked).

With the advent of the new patch and some map revisions I have seen some of the most intense fire fights ever with people and bullets everywhere. Really changes your approach to the game and irons out the run and gun element.

Also, remenber, UE2.5 does have limitations as to what can be achieved as a gaming engine. Considering, I think the devs have produced one of the most intense and adictive WW2 FPS out there.

As for Newbs, yeah you can't get too frustrated with them but sometimes when there is an obvious team skill imbalance, it makes it hard. Only in time will people learn and then watchout. :)

Upvote 0
One of the disappointments I got from TW on the realism part is that during Beta testing they realized that the BA64 was BS unrealistic and it would be abused, but they decided to leave it in the game. This tells me they are not as realism orriented as I was first lead to believe.

If we would have done that it would have ment the russians didn't have any transport at all. Implementing a whole new vehicle for the russians would have ment a delay we couldn't afford at the time, but it will be adressed, because we don't like how the gameplay around the BA turned out ourselves.

This choice has nothing to do with our orientation (apart from the fact that there's nothing 'unrealistic' about the BA itself, it's a GAMEPLAY problem, not a realism problem).

:D

Upvote 0
If we would have done that it would have ment the russians didn't have any transport at all. Implementing a whole new vehicle for the russians would have ment a delay we couldn't afford at the time, but it will be adressed, because we don't like how the gameplay around the BA turned out ourselves.

This choice has nothing to do with our orientation (apart from the fact that there's nothing 'unrealistic' about the BA itself, it's a GAMEPLAY problem, not a realism problem).

:D

Theoretically speaking, couldn't you guys just take the halftrack, change the model, leave the same coding in, and produce a russian truck?

Upvote 0