• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra Mapping Contest!

Blitzkreig is a no brainer. So no need to bother here.

But it does give me incentive (excuse) to finish off Kuzernki, but I would like to see honorable mentions or even some tshirt prizes or some of the others works acknowledged, a lot of sweat and tears have gone into all the maps I am sure.

Also you have people who been playing with UTed for years and other just picked it up when RO was bought, so although this comp is nice it unfortunately swayed to teams of experienced people rather then individuals.

So I don't think I be really trying hard and my next map is aimed at a different set of gamers rather then the cut and thrust of hardcore gaming. More aimed at the recreation of battles very detailed.

So good luck to everyone else.

Upvote 0
I know I shouldn't rant, but...

1. Does anyone actually READ the rules?
2. Why on earth would Tripwire, which is a good part European, exclude Europeans?
3. Half the player base are Europeans (if not more)

/endrant

Polite answer: anyone, from anywhere in the world can enter, so long as they meet the eligibility requirements in the rules!

Sorry. there. I did real the rules. 4 times even....
But, when last time I did enter a mapping contest for Raven Shiled. it allso sad in the rules that anyone can join....

I got the 2th prizes. but they just didn

Upvote 0
I picked up a a Sams "Mastering Unreal Technology: The Art of level design" book from Chapters a while back. I should give the book a read which I've been putting off for a while and give this contest a shot after.

The book is about the thickness of a good thickness so Im sure its packed with alot of content.

http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Unr...0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-2854647-4718532?ie=UTF8

I have this book myself- its pretty good for a reference on UED as well as all the basic things you do to make a map including modelling/ UV mappnig. It doesnt really cover scripting tho.

Good luck with it.

Upvote 0