• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra Mapping Contest!

Red Orchestra Mapping Contest!

Destineer Publishing’s Bold Games is pleased to announce their Custom Map Competition for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, the WWII Eastern Front FPS from Tripwire Interactive, now selling strongly in stores across America and Europe. The top prize will be a brand new, high-end gaming rig, with additional prizes of top graphics cards and gaming keyboards/mice. The contest will be held in two phases starting immediately, with major prizes from our sponsors in both phases and the opportunity for the best new maps to be published on a special edition of Red Orchestra!

“Blitzkrieg” is the first phase, for maps already in existence and entries close October 27th. The prizes in this phase will include a top-of-the-line graphics card, sound card and gaming keyboards/mice. The aim of this phase is to find – and reward – the best maps already created using the Red Orchestra SDK, for the game.

“Deep Battle” is the second phase, for new maps and entries close December 15th. The top prize in this phase will be the high-end gaming rig, with more high-quality graphics cards and other great add-ons as further prizes. In this phase we will be looking for the best new maps, as well as giving people the time to substantially enhance maps they have already created so they can get a shot at winning the top prize.

For more information on the contest, including the full rules and the ever-expanding list of prizes, as well as to enter, head for the competition website at: HERE.

Good luck! And if you want to win, there is only one way – get in the contest!

Can someone enter a converted version of Donets?
:D

No, converted versions of maps from the mod made by the RO mod team will not be accepted. Maps that were custom made community maps for the mod but converted over to Ostfront will be accepted, but the original author must submit the map (you can't just port a map and submit it to win prizes). I can't think of too many custom maps from the mod that would be in the running to win anyway.

Upvote 0
That's a shame, I think you'd have had a good chance at getting some sort of prize.

I'm sure some uber map will just pour out of the woodwork from somewhere and knock my map right on it's ass.

Edit:

Are we allowed to submit multiple entries? (different maps)

I have a few on the drawing board that I could MAYBE whip up by the december deadline (doubtful though)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0