• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question for Tripwire.

The 360 may well have been more advanced than gaming PC's of the time when it first came out but PC's have carried on advancing over the years and the 360 has stayed the same.

"Better" is a subjective term. Graphically PC's are far superior (if configured properly by someone who knows what they're doing) but some people would consider ease of use to be "better". The lack of standardized hardware across the platform has always been a huge disadvantage to PC gaming. I know I have some PC games that took effort to make work.

Different pokes for different folks is the message here. If you think the PC is superior why should it matter if a bunch of people you consider idiots don't agree?

Upvote 0
honestly, i don't care. but since this is the internet hey why not talk about it. and as much as i'd like to sit in my corner and have my opinion, countless times the 360 fanboys invade my corner.

i wouldn't really say pc has a lack of standardization. it has usb, pci express, an atx format mobo etc. those are all standard. the usual incompatibilities come with drivers and software related issues. with great variability comes great incompatibilities.

Upvote 0
......lol

I cant be botherd to find the quotes but i might as well do a small re-enactment

"please dont turn this into a console war/convert thing"
"i wasn't trying to"
"blah blah blah"
"blah blah"
"blah blah blah"
" CONSOLE WAR "

...that was pretty fast, you guys are pretty touchy about it all

also funny that the admin hadnt realized how off topic this got and if they did its funny they find it funny enough to let it keep going.

Upvote 0
......lol

I cant be botherd to find the quotes but i might as well do a small re-enactment

"please dont turn this into a console war/convert thing"
"i wasn't trying to"
"blah blah blah"
"blah blah"
"blah blah blah"
" CONSOLE WAR "

...that was pretty fast, you guys are pretty touchy about it all

also funny that the admin hadnt realized how off topic this got and if they did its funny they find it funny enough to let it keep going.

Haha, I know. I seriously wasn't trying to start a PC v. console argument but the bickering turned out to be pretty entertaining.

Upvote 0
It's still open because no one is being douchy about it. Omar was right this is the internet so why not discuss it?

Miraculously for a PC vs console debate on the internet this hasn't descended into "STFU NOOB" territory. There's no reason to lock a thread discussing the viability or non viability of a console port.

Either that or they actually aren't watching in which case I will be proven wrong by a swift lock... :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i imagined once a conversation got of topic much peoples were either warned to get their asses back on topic or the thread was locked....

a well, here is my opinion of it all.

I like PC BEST, because

1. internet aint costing you anything more than what it does already
2. more aim control
3. a larger community of modders
4. no red ring of fire (for the 360 peoples)
5. no bad chat options (ps3, dont argue, without a microphone talking online is horrible)
6. updates are faster
7. new games are born from mods, unlike xbox or ps3 exclusive games, no new games can be made from the community (different halo maps+/mods dont really count, im refering to CSS, L4D and KF)
8. hackers/hacks are found and delt with much faster
9. pc are much more customizable and games arnt restricted by a set CPU power.
10. pcs evlolve faster than consoles and therefore get better faster

....ill think ill stop there

Upvote 0
yeah really that one was a freekin 4 pointer.....you must have fouled him during a three-point shot and he got one of the freethrows :D

could KF2 (or RO:HOS since it's a definate the game will be made) go cross platform? sure. would that be "smart" for TW? sure, they'd expand their market and have a larger potential profit. the real question would be at what expense would it be in regards to "dummbing down" the game(s) we all know and love so that console gamers could play it?

Upvote 0
I think all consoles do have their advantages and disadvantages in truth although most people simply have consoles if they cant afford getting/upgrading to a new computer almost ever year or that their computer is for work/school.

to be fair, consoles do have more...whats the word... "oomf" :confused: than a computer however nor the xbox or ps3 have really been pushed like some pc's are. i mean has anyone heard of anyone "overclocking" a console because they cant play a certain game?

I also think PSN and XBL have a huge community (Red vs blue and all that) however consoles just dont offer the moddability that the pc does, although the "forger" mode was a good try.

Upvote 0
The only thing that gets me is that games are now catering more and more to consoles. Not that I'm much into the Call of Duty series, but it started on PC, and PC users got completely dicked over with MW2. Another example is L4D and L4D2 with the shoddy matchmaking system. How hard would it have been to include a server browser?

Kinda sad.

that's what happens when companies don't care about the players and only care about sales.

aka MW2

Upvote 0
i imagined once a conversation got of topic much peoples were either warned to get their asses back on topic or the thread was locked....

a well, here is my opinion of it all.

I like PC BEST, because

1. internet aint costing you anything more than what it does already
2. more aim control
3. a larger community of modders
4. no red ring of fire (for the 360 peoples)
5. no bad chat options (ps3, dont argue, without a microphone talking online is horrible)
6. updates are faster
7. new games are born from mods, unlike xbox or ps3 exclusive games, no new games can be made from the community (different halo maps+/mods dont really count, im refering to CSS, L4D and KF)
8. hackers/hacks are found and delt with much faster
9. pc are much more customizable and games aren't restricted by a set CPU power.
10. PCs evolve faster than consoles and therefore get better & faster

....ill think ill stop there

FINALLY ONE NOTICES.

Also i would like to add:

11. It's more easy to repair a computer, if it gets broken, you can replace (Or IMRPOVE) it in the same day.

Upvote 0
FINALLY ONE NOTICES.

Also i would like to add:

11. It's more easy to repair a computer, if it gets broken, you can replace (Or IMRPOVE) it in the same day.

that is so long as you're smart enough, or have a reliable contact for repair. but the thing about a computer is that even if something bad happens, it's usually fixable....it may take some time and a little money, but when most consoles go, they crash and burn and you've got no hope but to but a brand new one

Upvote 0
I like my pc very much, to be honest its actaully around 2 years old and now most computers are just as powerful as it, at the time it was this huge big badass tower thing that was a srs beast. now in those 2 years within the warrenty my computer has had its motherboard replaced twice, graphics card replaced, ram replaced, cd drive replaced and its fan replaced....now im about to get my cd drive replaced a 2nd time. its not bad because it breaks often because of the warrenty i have a can generally have it fixed within the next day or two for free.

now compare this to the xbox, how many millions do you think Microsoft would loose if their warrenty fixed those red rings of fire. 3% of all ps3 have died after the first year and 75% or so of 360's have died after the first year....i know what i would prefer to own.

lets broaden the the subject, best hand held console,

1. nintendo DSI (you cant really hack a DSI so......., although u can get these special thingies from japan that let u play games without a disk)
2. psp
3. psp hacked
4. iphone/itouch
5. iphone/itouch "jailbroken"

Last edited:
Upvote 0