• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question for Tripwire.

ButterBiscuit

Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2009
over there.
Why hasn't Killing Floor or Red Orchestra been put onto xbox live arcade? You could have the dlc on xbox live, just as you do on steam. I know a lot of people that would play it, because since they have 360s, they never touch their pc. I'm simply stating...xbox live arcade is in desperate need for good games.

Who in their right mind would prefer 360, or any console, to PC? :confused:

I guess I can understand if you want a system that you know any game you buy will run smoothly, but still...

Can we pleeease not turn this into a platform war thread? Other people play what they want to, just accept that and don't try to convert them to your platform of choice or berate them for there choice.

As for a port to Xbox, it's a pretty complicated process, and for the Tripwire team, who only do PC games, it would take time for them to learn how to do it. Either that or hand there baby off to someone else. But I'm not sure how well it would work as a console game. The time for buying and selling would have to be increased so that someone with a joystick would have more time to browse the menus and find the guns they want.

Upvote 0
Can we pleeease not turn this into a platform war thread? Other people play what they want to, just accept that and don't try to convert them to your platform of choice or berate them for there choice.

I'm pretty sure I was neither berating nor trying to convert anyone, the idea is just bizarre to me.

Anyway, I can see people playing Killing Floor on 360 but I'm not sure how practical it would be. I don't know much about the process of porting PC games to console but it seems like it'd be more complicated than it's worth in this case. I might be wrong though.

Upvote 0
UE2.5 doesnt have native Xbox support so it would need to be ported which costs a lot of time, and is probably pretty hard to do. Next to that you buy an UE2.5 license per platform. So if you release it on an XBOX you need a special license.

So its possible that they will do something like that but i think the chance isn't too big.

UE3 does have ps3/xbox360 support, so it could be quite possible that RO:HoS or a possible KF2 will get a console version (although probably a while after release).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Who in their right mind would prefer 360, or any console, to PC? :confused:

I guess I can understand if you want a system that you know any game you buy will run smoothly, but still...

I am still trying to figure out why people pay for the internet and then turn around and pay a monthly fee to use said internet with xbox live It is a HUGE ripoff and and I will never purchase another microsoft product ever.

Never owned an xbox or 360, and I would sell it for 10$ if I ever had one.

Upvote 0
Next to that you buy an UE2.5 license per platform.

With that in mind it would make more sense to get a UE2X license. Given 2X is forked from 2 it doesn't have the same features 2.5 does so there would be some time spent adopting KF to a different build but It would cut down on the time otherwise spent on the more lengthy process porting 2.5 to the platform. On top of the engine stuff there's the process of cutting a 5GB game down to 2, which is pretty absurd considering the size of other games (COD, Roboblitz (UE3), Shadow Complex (UE3), Undertow (UE3), Watchmen.. all <1GB). For KF to appear on Arcade it would have had to of been designed from the beginning with that in mind.

Upvote 0
I am still trying to figure out why people pay for the internet and then turn around and pay a monthly fee to use said internet with xbox live It is a HUGE ripoff and and I will never purchase another microsoft product ever.

Never owned an xbox or 360, and I would sell it for 10$ if I ever had one.

yeah on top of the fact they all buy another computer to play games on (a console that is) when they've already got a computer....why not just invest a couple hundred in decent hardware to run games on your PC and avoid having to pay an additional fee just to use the internet you've already go acces so on your PC??!?

fact is, the overwhelming majority of people are either too stupid or too lazy to figure out how to install computer parts to make necissary upgrades....so instead they buy a console where all they have to do is plug one cord into the wall and another into their TV. that's cool i guess, then they have to pay more money for games, fees to use multiplayer, suffer with crappy matchmaking, and get made fun of for thinking they are hot stuff at video games when most aren't.....but they do get crosshairs so, their trade off.

Upvote 0
i dont understand why anyone would prefer consoles either. all of the reasons my console fanboy friends give me pretty much equal out to this:

"we're stupid and don't understand your complex pc crap so we're sticking with spoonfed gaming because it's easy enough for our little brains to understand"

don't give KF to 360 fags. that's just stupid.

(i'm serious. my 360 playing friends are some of the dumbest guys i know.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The quick and easy answer is, UE 2.5 doesn't work on Xbox 360 or PS3 without heavy modification. The only version of UE 2 that does work on the original xbox (not 360) is UE 2.X and is a seperate build of the engine.

Epic Xbox fail!

[Jokes]

Why do you want KF on Xbox anyway? L4D is on Xbox and this is a total rip-off!

[/Jokes]

Upvote 0