• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Question For Mappers.

And ?
The goal for Tripwire with this contest is to have a max of map. I think that TW is the big winner in this story.
And there were 47 mappers for this first wave, so don't focus just on "the waterworks guy" pls. ;)
I think that everybody make a map for fun. But that's obvious that a lot of this 47 people had a little hope to win something by making something fun ... otherwise why TW make a contest with prize ?
Prices are components of the equation. That's it.

if you stay and continue to map for KF, id be very surprised but id also be thrilled because that means a stronger community. but so far it seems as though you and proj arretha guys are just stopping by, doing a map, trying to win first, then skipping town. you did work on another game so you are a professional (a big name game), and you havnt made mention of doing another map, so it seems like youre going to be skipping town.

prove me wrong and continue to do more fun maps for the KF community.

PS: i wouldnt be surprised if Proj Arretha is by ex Valve employees ;-) zerreth, wanderer, can you confirm?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you stay and continue to map for KF, id be very surprised but id also be thrilled because that means a stronger community. but so far it seems as though you and proj arretha guys are just stopping by, doing a map, trying to win first, then skipping town. you did work on another game so you are a professional (a big name game), and you havnt made mention of doing another map, so it seems like youre going to be skipping town.

prove me wrong and continue to do more fun maps for the KF community.

PS: i wouldnt be surprised if Proj Arretha is by ex Valve employees ;-) zerreth, wanderer, can you confirm?

Zer and Wan are student : click on their profile or check their txt file in their map. If you have time, you can make a lot of thing with unreal, and they took their time to make their map. The number of new content is just impressive.

And in my case, I made map for fun since hl1, and I have nothing to prove to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And in my case, I made map for fun since hl1, and I have nothing to prove to you.
cant we all just get along instead of taking everything personal? Who cares, this is just a "stupid" forum dont get sooo testy... im talking to EVERYONE cause we all take it personal and are gonna have an aneurysm cause mapping drives us all insain. I dont know about you, but i plan on keeping the color in my hair. I dont like grey hairs :(

It's called a mapping community for a reason...we are all supposed to get along and not atk each other constantly

Last edited:
Upvote 0
cant we all just get along instead of taking everything personal? Who cares, this is just a "stupid" forum dont get sooo testy... im talking to EVERYONE cause we all take it personal and are gonna have an aneurysm cause mapping drives us all insain. I dont know about you, but i plan on keeping the color in my hair. I dont like grey hairs :(

It's called a mapping community for a reason...we are all supposed to get along and not atk each other constantly

im angry, i have that same feeling from back when my old cafe was run out of business by starbucks. haunts me to this day.

just to make it clear though: i do believe that damdam deserved first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
im angry, i have that same feeling from back when my old cafe was run out of business by starbucks. haunts me to this day.

just to make it clear though: i do believe that damdam deserved first place.
yea I feel that the judging wast fair. Water works is a great map, but the game play fails. Not enough action. VERY GOOD MAP, but yea...Oh well i cant wait to see his new 1. We all have our oppinions

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, thanks for the compliment, but sadly we both aren't Valve employees (and i think the rules even forbid it) nor ex-employees, we are both Digital Arts and Entertainment students (game design and development course in Belgium).

Regardless, i might do another map for killing floor when this is all over, but currently i'm busy working on several other projects for cryengine 2 and unreal engine 3 (all of which are school related) that are sucking up any free time i have left remaining. (gotta pump out a prototype game in 7 weeks with a 5 man team sounds stressful doesn't it :D ).

Actually i'm quite happy DamDams map got first place, he has got a lot of atmosphere going in his map, even sent me and Zerreth in a modelling spree so it came as no shock to me, nor Zerreth, that he got first place.

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks for the compliment, but sadly we both aren't Valve employees (and i think the rules even forbid it) nor ex-employees, we are both Digital Arts and Entertainment students (game design and development course in Belgium).

Regardless, i might do another map for killing floor when this is all over, but currently i'm busy working on several other projects for cryengine 2 and unreal engine 3 (all of which are school related) that are sucking up any free time i have left remaining. (gotta pump out a prototype game in 7 weeks with a 5 man team sounds stressful doesn't it :D ).

Actually i'm quite happy DamDams map got first place, he has got a lot of atmosphere going in his map, even sent me and Zerreth in a modelling spree so it came as no shock to me, nor Zerreth, that he got first place.

well i hope you guys stick around. the more talented mappers in KF, the better KF is.

damdam definitely deserved first place. and i feel happy for the wave 1 guys who gave it a good shot even though theyve never worked on a big title before like damdam has.

Upvote 0
Might as well post these somewhere :D:D:D:D

KF-Control

ct1.jpg

ct2.jpg

ct3.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KF-Catacombs

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0