• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question for army people on these forums.

All I will say is, make sure you are joining for the right reasons. 4 years may not seem like a long time, but as others have said, a lot of that time is boredom and putting up with BS from your fellow soldiers and your chain of command. Heck, it was even like that when I was in Iraq - some days it felt like the deployment was never going to end.

But, I digress - if you feel committed enough to put in the time, then by all means do it. I am about to finish my committment here at the end of the year, and really I have no regrets about it.

Thank you. :)

Upvote 0
Remember: You sign up for eight years. Period. Regardless of branch or length of active duty. Whatever isn't serve on active duty is spent in innactive reserve (meaning you don't do anything military like, but can technically get called up at any time during the remainder of that 8 year total). If of course you don't go in response to an activation notice, most likely nothing will ever come of it, but there's the possibility of getting forced back in. That said, I neither know anyone who has been tracked down for dodging re-activation nor have read/heard of anyone being tracked down for it.

Upvote 0
goes to show you how far a little brainwashing and propaganda will go. the recrutment officer prolly visited someones school recently. why anyone would knowingly put thier life in jeopardy for the piss poor reasons some countries ask of them, is beyond me. war used to be about improving standards of living, and killing those who dont agree with your beliefs.:D
nowadays it seems war is about making a few people very rich, and killing those who dont agree with thier beliefs. :eek:
the military used to be an honorable place to go once out of school. it isnt that way anymore. the reason is because instead of fighting for your country or your freedom you are now fighting to fatten the pockets of a select few already rich business men. take some advice from the village idiot: stay in school, work hard at your studies, and learn a skilled trade at the very least. the rest will fall into place as you grow both mentaly and physicaly.

true. there are better things in life than killing people or dying young.
go out and find some nice girl and you'll think twice about enlisting!

Upvote 0