• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Public Lobbies stuck on "Match Over" screen

Davski

Jun 12, 2018
For the past week a really frequent bug occurs where I'd join a public lobby, but it says the game has ended. The screen stays like that, and doesn't progress, meaning every time I search for a game in that Wave length, I see the same screen with the same player and the same Map every time.

I have even had people contact me asking me why they are unable to play, because they see me stuck in a lobby, when I'm not!

So, there must be a issue with games not ending properly or something.

For the last week, I see the same person stuck in the Short wave lobbies, then a different person is always stuck in the Endless waves lobbies, etc. Different people must see different players stuck.

Below is an example of a stuck lobby. The joined player appears at the top of the player list; the stuck player is the one below.

The stuck player cannot be Kicked, even if other players all vote for it.

(PS4)

Last edited:

PS4BuggedLobbies

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2019
Any response on this?

Survival - Suicidal - Short: Has now been locked out for THREE DAYS
Survival - Suicidal - Medium: Has been locked out for 24 hours and counting

I haven't checked others but this has been a recurring issue for a month or so now.

There's an easy solution here before a proper bug fix: Time out lobbies after x amount of hours. No game lasts longer than two hours.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
What region are you matchmaking in?

war.to.fame

Aug 31, 2017
this also happens to me alot, i would have to d/c and select east after trying central.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Thank you, our QA team is trying to reproduce this issue in the live environment.

Sarcy

Dec 9, 2018
Fingers crossed this gets addressed, one time I ran into the same lobby over the course of 3 days and one of my PS4 contacts found a 'game' which had been going for 5 days.

What adds to the frustration is trying to create a game, say Endless Hell on Earth, and it doesn't work so you can't even make your own game to get around the dead lobbies.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Just poking my head in to say we are continuing to look into this and if anybody has further information about "if you do this it happens every time" please let us know. We are trying to, in a test environment, get a debug client into one of these servers.

Sarcy

Dec 9, 2018
Amusingly enough I've not run into one recently but I have had times where almost every combination of mode and difficulty was "busy". Typically seems to occur in Endless and usually on Suicidal/Hell on Earth but I have seen it a couple of times in Survival mode.

Managed to get into a game a while back on Prison and whilst spectating I saw the "player" doing nothing and a single Gorefiend spawning, standing still and dying off every few seconds - it was quite bizarre. See here for more.

Bwhite1991

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 28, 2018
Yeah I've come across this a few times, I've also come across lobbies where there's 1 or 2 players just standing there with nothing happening, and then in the same position hours later or even the next day.

Awakenedwolf4

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 15, 2017
Same here, I play almost exclusively Long Survival - Normal. It isn't constant, but it's always the same lobby when it happens. My region is Eastern US. I haven't been able to replicate it on purpose, it seems almost random and not too frequent but a problem when it does. One time, I entered a lobby with five other players, four of them had their classes showing and seeming to be in the game, while the last player and I had no class, the space was blank. I couldn't select one since I was on the "Match Over" screen. I switched to Endless - Normal so I could get into a game, came back about an hour later and saw the same lobby, with the same last player, still with no class. All the others had left. I think another player even entered the lobby after me, saw what was happening and left almost immediately.

This has happened at least a few times.

The problem with this is, these lobbies are almost always open since players keep leaving and the search function always selects this open one, leaving us trapped with a game that isn't functioning.