• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Public Lobbies stuck on "Match Over" screen

Davski

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2018
For the past week a really frequent bug occurs where I'd join a public lobby, but it says the game has ended. The screen stays like that, and doesn't progress, meaning every time I search for a game in that Wave length, I see the same screen with the same player and the same Map every time.

I have even had people contact me asking me why they are unable to play, because they see me stuck in a lobby, when I'm not!

So, there must be a issue with games not ending properly or something.

For the last week, I see the same person stuck in the Short wave lobbies, then a different person is always stuck in the Endless waves lobbies, etc. Different people must see different players stuck.

Below is an example of a stuck lobby. The joined player appears at the top of the player list; the stuck player is the one below.

The stuck player cannot be Kicked, even if other players all vote for it.

(PS4)

Last edited:
Any response on this?

Survival - Suicidal - Short: Has now been locked out for THREE DAYS
Survival - Suicidal - Medium: Has been locked out for 24 hours and counting

I haven't checked others but this has been a recurring issue for a month or so now.

There's an easy solution here before a proper bug fix: Time out lobbies after x amount of hours. No game lasts longer than two hours.

Upvote 0
Fingers crossed this gets addressed, one time I ran into the same lobby over the course of 3 days and one of my PS4 contacts found a 'game' which had been going for 5 days.

What adds to the frustration is trying to create a game, say Endless Hell on Earth, and it doesn't work so you can't even make your own game to get around the dead lobbies.

Upvote 0
Amusingly enough I've not run into one recently but I have had times where almost every combination of mode and difficulty was "busy". Typically seems to occur in Endless and usually on Suicidal/Hell on Earth but I have seen it a couple of times in Survival mode.

Managed to get into a game a while back on Prison and whilst spectating I saw the "player" doing nothing and a single Gorefiend spawning, standing still and dying off every few seconds - it was quite bizarre. See here for more.

Upvote 0
Same here, I play almost exclusively Long Survival - Normal. It isn't constant, but it's always the same lobby when it happens. My region is Eastern US. I haven't been able to replicate it on purpose, it seems almost random and not too frequent but a problem when it does. One time, I entered a lobby with five other players, four of them had their classes showing and seeming to be in the game, while the last player and I had no class, the space was blank. I couldn't select one since I was on the "Match Over" screen. I switched to Endless - Normal so I could get into a game, came back about an hour later and saw the same lobby, with the same last player, still with no class. All the others had left. I think another player even entered the lobby after me, saw what was happening and left almost immediately.

This has happened at least a few times.

The problem with this is, these lobbies are almost always open since players keep leaving and the search function always selects this open one, leaving us trapped with a game that isn't functioning.

Upvote 0