• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PS3, What's the Deal?

Lmao!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJw9sbOTsc&search=console wars

I'm so waiting for Wii.
Yea I know PS fanbois hate Nintendo and say it's childish but that's not the truth. Nintendo always had games of every genre and brutality (even on N64).
But wth, what do I care about those PS3 huggers? I'm not going to spend 600 dollars for

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAACER! (never understood what's so great about that game anyway).

Watch the E3 presentation of Nintendo and then watch the one from Sony.

Upvote 0
The PS3 will retail for, 599 US Dollars! *For all of you YTMND fans, Lex Luthor shouts WROOOONG*

Its Ridge Racer. RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer!

And you attack its weak point for, massive damage *cough*

REAL TIME WEAPON CHANGE! I guess its an improvement from Resident Evil eh?

Heres my favorite, my friend came up with this one at my house:
http://www.mp3newswire.net/Graphics/6002/Sony_psp_white.jpg
Its Ridge Racer.....Riiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racist! Of course we're not stupid enough to see the ad having racist intent.

The only reason I'd get one is for Metal Gear Solid 4. But if the PS3 tanks, I bet Kojima will port to 360.

Upvote 0
Ralfst3r said:
It's all about what you want. Do you want next gen graphics? And the ability to have more/beter pshysics, and enemies on screen. Or do you want a cheaper, Gamecube 1.5 with an new innovative controler.

Well, let's see...all the next gen graphics in the world won't do anyone any good if you don't have any good games to play on it...I rarely play my PS2 anymore, bleh. I rarely played it in the first place.

Upvote 0
10-20% yields on the cell, its too big to fit into its case, if you want a computer you can build one for less, the hardware will be out of date in 6 months after release, xbox live will destroy whatever sony has, blueray is a gimik, um..... it costs 600bucks and the cheap version absolutely sucks cock... Wii has a better controler, x360 has more games I want to play, pc gets cyrsis (and ROO ;)), developing for it is a nightmare..... the nvidia gpu will be out of date when the r600 hits the market....

Anything else?

Basically the 10-20% yeilds on the cell are a disaster, and the price is only justifiable for the blue-ray, which as far as I can tell doesnt really add much and has an extremely uncertain future given how much making those discs costs.

Upvote 0
I just realized that Sony left out the part whre you won't be able to rent PS3 games. The games will have a security feature that registers the game to a given system. You won't be able to take it to a friends house to play it or sell it if you don't like it.

Keep in mind you'll be able to buy a wii and X-Box for the price of one PS3

Upvote 0
Ralfst3r said:
It's all about what you want. Do you want next gen graphics? And the ability to have more/beter pshysics, and enemies on screen. Or do you want a cheaper, Gamecube 1.5 with an new innovative controler.

That's what Xbox 360 is for aswell. Does the whole point of having better physics and more enemies on screen equate to game challenge? If so.... There may be limitations, however some have successfully over come them and made a challenging AI and such like Ninja Gaiden, MGS, for example. To me having better specs which helps make AI and such more challenging is pretty much BS in my opinion. Some don't even try and just give promises on them.

Upvote 0
Kurt Naake said:
I thought you wanna game on your console? My PC is my media center lmao :rolleyes:

I personally prefer great games and innovation over an expensive DVD Player with a hdd.

As I said I will be getting it because of the games that will come to it. That's the #1 reason.

Could you tell me what FF game is coming to wii?

Upvote 0