• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC stopped working

Pull your power cord out of your PSU and plug it back in. Try again.

Failing that, pull the side of your case off and disconnect all power. Then remove the CMOS battery. Your motherboard should have a CMOS reset jumper, check your motherboard manual for its location and which pins to short to reset the BIOS.

Plug the power in and leave the battery out. Turn the computer on. If it powers up, turn it off, reset your jumpers and plug the battery back in. Power up.

If that does nothing; Pull out the PWR Switch cable that leads from your power button onto the front panel pins on your motherboard - Check your manual for this. With a flat blade screw driver, touch both pins of your PWR Switch at the same time. This should switch the computer on.

Upvote 0
I got a quite similar problem, but after pressing the pwr-button my fans start for like half a second and after that nothing happens for 5 secs until it tries to start itself again ( without success, again only half a second).

I got to test what could be broken, hope the psu of a friend will work, otherwise it must be my cpu or mobo because I already unplugged everything else (ram, gpu, hdd, dvd). When I come home I will first try if my psu works without anything else attached, if I remember right I only have to connect the green and one of the black cables in the 12V cable, right?

Upvote 0