• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gaming is counting on Red Orchestra 2

Just pre-purchased Red Orchestra 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam.

I honestly don't see why FPS games are popular on consoles. I tried it a few times and it was ridiculous trying to move the cross hair around the screen, just absurd, but YET there seems to be this movement over to the consoles for such titles.

I've got into a lot of arguments against the console fan boys and they seem to think PC gaming is a dying organism. I hope Red Orchestra 2 proves them bastards wrong and reignites PC gaming to new heights.

...and we meet yet again Kruelgor! :p

I do agree with you that RO2 has the potential to reignite PC FPS. Here's hoping it is everything we've all been waiting for. RO1 was for me the "Flashpoint/ArmA" of the WWII genre until now......here's hoping RO2 replaces it well.

Upvote 0
reason why people, including me, think pc gaming is dying (READ BEFORE REPLY)
1-children,
"mom i want a xbox" "mom i want a alienware with intel quad core processor with Nvidia 460graphics card with more ram"
Which one is more complicated sounding?
consoles are well easier to use and buy.thus kids and people are going to get that,its easier.
2- since getting consoles is easier, companys want games that will be on the platform that has the most people comming and staying.

3- it isnt dying. but its second best to consoles.just for the ease of access of a Xbox or Ps3.
My GF Quote -"buying a box is easier than buying mulitple boxes"

Reactions: Kosher_Nuke
Upvote 0

I honestly don't see why FPS games are popular on consoles. I tried it a few times and it was ridiculous trying to move the cross hair around the screen, just absurd, but YET there seems to be this movement over to the consoles for such titles.

I've got into a lot of arguments against the console fan boys and they seem to think PC gaming is a dying organism. I hope Red Orchestra 2 proves them bastards wrong and reignites PC gaming to new heights.

Goldeneye was one of the most playable and sickly addictive games ever on a console and it was centered around aiming with the joypad/stick.

I'm not a console fan but I have played some truly excellent games on them.

Upvote 0
reason why people, including me, think pc gaming is dying (READ BEFORE REPLY)
1-children,
"mom i want a xbox" "mom i want a alienware with intel quad core processor with Nvidia 460graphics card with more ram"
Which one is more complicated sounding?
consoles are well easier to use and buy.thus kids and people are going to get that,its easier.
2- since getting consoles is easier, companys want games that will be on the platform that has the most people comming and staying.

3- it isnt dying. but its second best to consoles.just for the ease of access of a Xbox or Ps3.
My GF Quote -"buying a box is easier than buying mulitple boxes"

How is having more children a thing to be proud of?

Alas, the rest of your points don't prove anything about consoles being better.

Upvote 0
Surly there is room for both extremes, I don't particularly like consoles either, but games like GTA or LBP for example, work great with a control pad. But i agree that FPS games are extremely wonky with a pad. on the other hand, i've never really felt the WASD hindered any game ive played from 3rd person shooters to first person to RTS the control scheme is smooth for any type of gaming, not only this but it allows for more subtle features in a game, RO2 shows this off quite admirably. Consoles seem to take a long time to catch up to the PC in processing power, which means most games that are ports tend to not utilize the pc as much as they could.

piracy is also a big problem but games like RO2 i'm betting wont suffer that much because of its DRM if the pirates want to get off bot match and in with the rest of us they will need to buy a cdkey which has always been the case for mp gaming, but it swings both ways, some ppl do pirate games, just to see if they think its worth buying. which is a fact. not everyone is a complete *** in that sense but curious buyers. youtube is a shining example of how you take piracy and use it as a type of extreme marketing. if your product is good, you don't need to worry about it, if its good ppl will buy it.

RO2 really is a godsend to pc gaming after all these ports, there was only 2 games i was anticipating this year, RO2 and D3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You see? This is the reason fanboys will quarrel.

Is your imagination really so limited that you can't think of a single reason to buy the game for a console? Rest assured I'm well aware that the game will be technically superior on the PC, even though it lacks mod tools.

If it's really good I'll buy it on the PC as well, but as of now I'm fairly skeptical - thinking it will resemble BC more than BF2. And I also take objection to EA's DLC- and Origin account policy. Frankly, it doesn't seem as if the game takes advantage of the PC platform's strong points, aside from computing power.

You are right. BF3 is going to be retarded. I'm going to stick to BF2 PR, and RO2.

It is not worth getting it. It is BF2, just even more run and gun and about 3 new features, that's it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played XBL for 7 years I liked the controller but about a year back thought XBL community was going to pots....damn 12 year olds, and went to pc to follow on arma and was like "HOW DID I NOT DO THIS BEFORE" :p. I love the keyboard and mouse over controller because its more advanced with more keys and mouse is precise only problem....sweating on the mouse :rolleyes:.

I think PC gaming is very much alive look at Operation Flashpoint its has like 15 servers still a new patch after it was released 10 years ago console gamers could only dream of such things :p.

Upvote 0
I received negative rep for my prior post. Real mature. It's a shame that expressing anything else other than single minded ideals is frowned upon.

As a PC gamer, I won't exert my focus or care on what others want or wish to play their games on, as long as my primary platform (PC) provides me with the fullest capabilities and never wanes, I say let people do as they please.

If that's really a problem for someone out there, that's pathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
I received negative rep for my prior post. Real mature. It's a shame that expressing anything else other than single minded ideals is frowned upon.

As a PC gamer, I won't exert my focus or care on what others want or wish to play their games on, as long as my primary platform (PC) provides me with the fullest capabilities and never wanes, I say let people do as they please.

If that's really a problem for someone out there, that's pathetic.

Here have a rep point(on that older post), it's not like your post was that bad. The point is that rep really doesn't say much unless it's 5+ people at the very least.
So I wouldn't be so oversensitive about it.

When you reply on a subject of which you know you're picking one of two sides, you will always be liked by the one, and disliked by the other.

I agree with your opinion though, as long as I'm able to use my PC the way it is intended to be used, then I can occasionally enjoy a console as well. Even if it's just because some genres of games generally work out better on consoles, such as 2d fighter games.

Upvote 0
The controller isn't the issue, the issue is we getting absurd console ports all the time. If they wanna play with a controller thats fine, the whole purpose of a console is to be easy to play, fast, and accessible at all times but sending these badly ported games over to the PC side for some extra cash is quite low.

PC never died and never will, but it could certainly use a boost again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What would really help the pc gaming is that the cost of pc parts would go down. Nowdays they just cost ridiculous amounts of money and the markets are controlled by 3 companies, wich equals to agreement on high prices.

Didnt even knew u have autoaim in consoles:eek:

So many people need a home PC (be it a laptop, desktop, netbook, or even a tablet) that when you factor in the cost of the few additional components you need for PC gaming (at a minimum, a ~$100USD GPU) it's really no more expensive than a console. It's just a matter committing to using a desktop PC as your computer instead of what may, perhaps, be a more convenient option.

Upvote 0

I play FPS games equally on 360 and on PC. It took A LOT of getting used to on 360 but now I am pretty decent with the pad, and I don't really agree with the PC elitest snobbery that is touted a lot on these (and other) gaming forums.

I think people like what they like and enjoy what they are used to... at the end of the day if you are having fun playing with friends it doesn't matter what platform it is on.

PC will always be my own preference, but I've had loads of great game nights on 360 with games like R6:Vegas, Battlefield and Flashpoint 2 that I wouldn't have had on PC because those friends wouldn't ever consider buying a gaming PC.

I'm probably one of the few here who can't wait to see RO2 on 360 simply because it will allow me to play a great game with those same friends.

Upvote 0
To be perfectly honest, I have some experience with consoles and their horrid controllers. You can probably play MW2 as well as any PC user out there I'll give you that. But unfortunately that game is very very bland when it comes to aiming, controller or mouse, the input method doesn't really matter because it isn't used at the level where a controller would face difficulties.

You say you've played ARMA, let me ask you this: How would you feel if ARMA3 was a console port and many features had to be taken out because a controller does not have nearly enough input possibilities?

How would you respond when every sequal to the game you love gets dumbed down to fit the casualness of the console users, even IF you're on the minority who actually does not play the console casually.

How do you accept the fact that due to the non/slow-changing hardware configurations of console hardware, development of games lack innovation on certain aspects because developers are stuck with the same hardware for atleast 5 years.

Not everyone here has good reasons to dislike consoles and their controllers. I even liked consoles much better in the days of Atari. But those days are over.

I didn't say anywhere that I thought consoles or their controls were in any way superior to PCs, I love PC gaming so much I've been building my machines for a while.

My post was about the way most PC gamers pick up a console controller, can't hit anything, and start screaming and ranting, calling everyone that plays them 'kiddies'. If a player can master the thumb stick and be able to do a 360 before killing another player in one shot, you have to give them a LITTLE credit. The 'elitists' are the hardcore fanboys (note: consoles have elitists too!) that scoff and make derogatory remarks about the other 'side' (don't think there should be sides...) and backing it up with bad arguments.

I agree that PC games should not be dumbed down to work on a console; that is absolute bull. I'm glad DICE had the foresight to build BF3 as a PC game first and foremost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0