• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gaming is counting on Red Orchestra 2

I have to say both of have their perks.

For a console you've got all of your controls comfortably sat in your hand, no need to do daily finger excersizes so you can press any key at any given moment. The analogue sticks also give you nice fluid movement and aiming.

Whilst with the PC, you can refine your controls in anyway you please, instead of being what is conventional, you can play in your own way. Then the precision of the mouse allows for quick and sharp aiming, if you're a true marksman.

The console provides new comfortable grounds for casual gamers, the PC hold up to its life long reputation of being truely hardcore.

The morale of the story? Nobody cares what you play, just keep it to yourself.

EDIT: Also the next Counter-Strike comes out next year, which will no doubt give PC gaming a good kick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hells High
Upvote 0
There are more people using console because it's easy to use and you can have a good time with them. I sometime also like to play on my couch with a game pad it's not the same thing it's more laid back no need to hate them because they enjoy gaming a different way.

I personally don't hate the console gamers, I hate the companies that think that ALL gamers are console gamers. You couldn't PAY ME to use a console, especially NOT for FPS, and the fact I have to deal with stupid limitations so that the console gamers don't feel like morons, annoys the crap out of me.

That is why I hope RO2 does well. To prove that not all gamers have the attention span of a brain damaged gnat.

Upvote 0
Can anybody remember the voice com 'roger wilco' oh my god!!!!! the amazement when me and my mates found this!!!! epic... one bugger was only 6 miles away!!!!

Love the pc, probably due to my age and the 'types' of clans i have joined/played for....all over 30 and drunk generally!
:eek:

Roger wilco......wow that was an amazing find! Before then I had neck problems galore (I had subscribed to a second and third telephone line so that at least a few of us mates could game together) from have the telephone clamped between my shoulder and ear and head cocked to one side all the time!

One of my mates even went so far as to tape a cordless phone to his head for the duration of the night.......apparantly he hadn't thought about what would happen when he had to remove it later. Oh the laughs.......good times, good times!

Reactions: XDC nOm
Upvote 0
Roger wilco......wow that was an amazing find! Before then I had neck problems galore (I had subscribed to a second and third telephone line so that at least a few of us mates could game together) from have the telephone clamped between my shoulder and ear and head cocked to one side all the time!

One of my mates even went so far as to tape a cordless phone to his head for the duration of the night.......apparantly he hadn't thought about what would happen when he had to remove it later. Oh the laughs.......good times, good times!

haha, quality

god, how the small things were epic then, darn kids now dont know there born:D

if they had to play with 56k they would have a fit!!! oh the fun, miss those days tbh:(

Upvote 0
Playing Delta Force online with off-duty soldiers on my 56k connection was the beginnings of my FPS career. :D

playing the beta of cs was the beginning of mine...epic, epic days.

the days of knowing pretty much every guy on any server, cs, dod (original), bf1942, RO (retail, only played mod for a while) and Ins...

my gaming history, interrupted with the occasional cod/bf game.

getting all weepy eyed;)

Upvote 0
PC gaming prided itself on features, lots of content, good prices, giving mod and map tools and being innovative and next generation.

All of which is BOTHERSOME to the process of making more money. Business models like consoles. Theres a maximum capacity that a console can handle. You have a great excuse not be innovative or new.

But thats not it. Consoles are much more accessible. A lot of people will find them much easier to use. This is great! This is fine! This is what consoles are for! But all of a sudden...All the money for game design is being poured into researching better methods of making planes from wood instead of Hyper-Aluminium-Super-Carbon-Fibre (Metaphorically speaking =p ).

And now we have a bunch of new gamers, completely uneducated in how games have progressed. These guys are essentially dictating the games of tomorrow because the continually buy whatever a developer and publisher throws at them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have both console and a pc, but do my gaming primarily on console because its cheaper and easier. why dump couple hundered bucks every 2 years to update my pc when i can drop 300 for a ps3 and get 8 solid years of fun out of it without having to spend money on video card, ram, etc. consoles are just as much fun to play as pc, they just require less time and money.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by XDC nOm
Can anybody remember the voice com 'roger wilco' oh my god!!!!! the amazement when me and my mates found this!!!! epic... one bugger was only 6 miles away!!!!

Love the pc, probably due to my age and the 'types' of clans i have joined/played for....all over 30 and drunk generally!

I remember that many years ago when i first started playing TFC i think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PC Gaming will never die.

Nothing will surpass a mouse and keyboard, I am surprised I have never seen anyone use a keyboard and mouse for COD on Console...

Other then that, Strategy games like Starcraft, Company of Heroes.

MMORPG such as WOW and Eve Online...

Big market.

Indeed... I am looking forward to the new RO and I hope it lives up to the hype... Frankly I am quite sure it will be amazing.

I Just got out of over 2 hours of classic RO OST... It still holds real well.

Upvote 0
Just pre-purchased Red Orchestra 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam.

I honestly don't see why FPS games are popular on consoles. I tried it a few times and it was ridiculous trying to move the cross hair around the screen, just absurd, but YET there seems to be this movement over to the consoles for such titles.

I've got into a lot of arguments against the console fan boys and they seem to think PC gaming is a dying organism. I hope Red Orchestra 2 proves them bastards wrong and reignites PC gaming to new heights.

I am just the opposite. I am trying to get used to the KB+M playing BC2 and it's the most awkward system, like using chopsticks instead of a fork. Guess it just takes practice.

Upvote 0
PC Gaming will never die.

Nothing will surpass a mouse and keyboard, I am surprised I have never seen anyone use a keyboard and mouse for COD on Console...

Other then that, Strategy games like Starcraft, Company of Heroes.

MMORPG such as WOW and Eve Online...

Big market.

Indeed... I am looking forward to the new RO and I hope it lives up to the hype... Frankly I am quite sure it will be amazing.

I Just got out of over 2 hours of classic RO OST... It still holds real well.

Mouses and keyboards don't work on console. And there is nothing wrong with a controller. Controllers have their pro's and con's just like a keyboard and mouse. At the end of the day though. If everyone using a controller on a console game its still fair play.

Even when people are using mouses...it isn't like using a mouse designed for the PC. All the mouses for consoles are acting as translations to the analogue joystick. Which just doesn't work as well.

So controllers....is no argument. Even when it comes to RTS games. Command and Conquer Red Alert/Retaliation for playstation 1 had EXCELLENT control functions. There was a lot of shortcuts through the controller. So much so that I actually played the game better on a console than I did on the PC because the PC didn't have the same shortcuts.

Why is that? The reason is. People back then were thinking about their game. Rather than trying to push it out on a deadline because a publisher has hired them to do so. People were making the games they wanted.

Upvote 0