• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design PariserPlatz-preview

there was NO T-34 in the Center of Berlin used by the germans, show me records where it proves me wrong

offcourse if you look at official documents regarding the equipment of the german forces, you will find no records of t-34's.
in this battle only the russians lost 2000 armored vehicles, so it is not impossible that it ever occured that isolated germans managed to capture and use a t-34

i highly doubt a russian sniper managed to sneak through the german lines( some 10000 men bunched together in a area just a few kilometers big)

why would a sniper sneak through enemy lines?
i don't want a sniper class on either of the teams, it's better to hide a sniper rifle that wil disappear forever when the soldier is killed (and nobody picks it up).

so if ya wanna keep da sniper rifle just don't die. if you kill the enemy sniper it will take a great weight of your teams shoulders

What would be cool in this map are german tanks built in the ground. I've seen this a lot on photos of the last days of Berlin. Atleast its something new.

Can you show the layout of this map?

lol i actually already have built a hole in the ground to fit a panther tank, i am thinking of making it one of the objectives for the russians to destroy

even though there will be armor on the map, the final objective cannot be captured by tanks, because it is usptairs in a destroyed building.
this is to avoid that the map is being won by a lonely t-34 who quickly caps the last point, like oftenly on konigsplatz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i took new screenshots of the advance i made with the map

the first screens shows the above view, below to the right you can see the reichstag where the russians spawn in.
they will have to fight their way to the north and capture the brandenburger gate (above in the middle)

then the fight continues to the west on the large street where a burried panther will wait for the russian tanks to cross the Gate.

then the russians will push the germans inside a narrower street southwards, where heavy desperate door-to-door fightings will take place. since every building in that street is "enterable"

shot00045bt9.png

this is the allied spawn at the reichstag

halfway to the the brandenburger gate:

the brandenburger gate:

going through the gate:

and the street where the battle wil end in fierce door-to-door fightings:

Upvote 0
Interesting map, going further where the other one has ended. It has all kinds of fights and looks good (+ it's the battle of berlin :D )

EDIT: I just looked in Google earth, and this map matches the real place, nice job.

btw, I searched for photo's of brandenburger tor in 1945 and found this picture which has a lot of rubble, maybe you can add a lot of the "platz"

source_42e0ad099b0ad_Brandenburger_Tor.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
looks cool. I think that captured T34s and all are fine, make it how you want it. I'd advise only changing things like loadouts and all after problems have arisen with testing and a few days or so of being played on Public servers...

As to random artillery, look here

I think if you poke around in the loadout section of the Class actors, you can find a way for people to spawn with only 1 pfaust vs. 3 at a time...

Upvote 0
thanks for the good feedback,

@sander: i actually used that same picture, plus many other pictures to base my map on, i think that when done it will look very similar to that picture.

@capt marion, i have set the ammo amount of the fausts in the classinfo on 1, but for some reason the soldiers spawn in with 3??

Upvote 0
i was thinking of 1 T-34/76 wich will respawn 5 times and the other T-34-85 respawns 10 times or more
1 immobile panther used as fortified turret for the germans that doesnt respawn
1 captured T-34/85 for the germans that does not respawn, it's a '85 so it can keep off the 2 allied t-34's some time.

the russians will have to take great care of their tanks, because if they run out of armor before capturing the Gate, then taking the main street will be a true hell for the infantry

im not sure about adding a IS2, since it will have no constant enemy armor to fight. i dont see the use of such a powerfull tank-hunter, because the t-34 will do better as infantry support

Upvote 0
bedankt voor de moeite sander :)

NEW SKINS!!

thanks to the wonderful work of Fennich_FJR6, who let me use his exellent custom skin mod, the germans and russians now have improved skins.

shot00056km4.png

shot00049na3.png

as you see every SS soldier and tanker has a different uniform, because the skins are randomly selected when you spawn in. commanders and MG-gunners on the other hand are wearing the trenchcoats so you can recognise them more easy.

Upvote 0
I agree with that one, Nordland had enough german tanks and didn't used captured T-34's.

About the new skins, really good that you use them but don't use that one with the italian camo (2nd picture). Only 12.SS hitler jugend used that one (maybe some other western units too), but none of the eastern units. There was also a new camo in 1945 that was called Leibermuster. The design was printed using special light-absorbing dyes to make it hard too see trough infra-red night vision (though only the Germans had infra-red weapons). It would be the new camo for the Waffen SS and Heer.

I thought that it was given to Nordland (and some other foreign volunteer units on the baltics).

leibertarnmusterci2.jpg

leibt2oa3.jpg

44d4_1_b.JPG

EDIT: I found something that the first Polish army was fighting at the Brandenburger tor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well the fight takes place in the last few days of the war, and the soldiers are foreign ss volunteers, volkssturm, police and heer mixed together.
so they pretty much wore everything they could find.

and i dont want the germans to have a tank like on konigsplatz, this is really the last desperate fight for the germans. the last tanks were lost on konigsplatz.
this battlegroup is the scattered remains of everyone with a gun basically

Upvote 0
no, you don't understand.
i am talking of 1 t-34 for germans, BUT! it does not respawn when destroyed.
while the russians have 2 t-34's that DO respawn when destroyed.
once players will know the map, i am sure the germans wont be firing anymore at that T-34 that comes from behind them, but will be cheering at it.

DOES ANYONE has a link to a street map of this area with the 1945 street names?? i can't find any

Upvote 0
Yes, they did, but lets think. It's battle of Berlin(pretty desperate,huh). The fresh hastily trained tank crews wouldnt have gotten the training to use foreign tanks. As germans werent short on tanks, but on crews they were.

Your joking right they WERE short on tanks i have read books and am reading a book on the downfall of Berlin and i can tell you they didnt have many tanks, they did have a good number of tanks crews, god they didnt have many tanks they used 88s in the streets with the guns horizontal. God the Germans even had bicycles with a panzerfaust straped on both sides and i am not joking. The germans had a anti-russian division (dont think its a division) made out of russians and they did very well at attcking the russians i think at the Oder

Last edited:
Upvote 0