• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design PariserPlatz-preview

Your joking right they WERE short on tanks i have read books and am reading a book on the downfall of Berlin and i can tell you they didnt have many tanks, they did have a good number of tanks crews, god they didnt have many tanks they used 88s in the streets with the guns horizontal. God the Germans even had bicycles with a panzerfaust straped on both sides and i am not joking. The germans had a anti-russian division (dont think its a division) made out of russians and they did very well at attcking the russians i think at the Oder
They had tons of russians (about 2 or 3 Russian Waffen SS divisions!). About tanks, they didn't had a lot, most of the crews had to do a job of infantry because of that (make sure to give all tankcrews SMG's, they have to fight mostly as infantry when the T34 and Panther are destroyed).

Upvote 0
With regard to your first comment, his name was Sepp Dietrich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Dietrich). While I believe your explanation, your name omits only the last three letters. Imagine if my name was JosefSta. Of course, I could say that my in game name is Stahlhelm and my real first name is Josef.

Regarding your second, an argument of innocence based on the guilt of others is simply not acceptable. If you point out other names in violation of the rules, I would suggest that they be changed as well.
Who gives a frak mate. Have you seen the names on the servers lately? I mean a lot of SS this and SS that and yes we have Hitler etc.. Get over it.

Now this map looks ok but I think the gate looks too small and bulky?

Upvote 0
Yes, they did, but lets think. It's battle of Berlin(pretty desperate,huh). The fresh hastily trained tank crews wouldnt have gotten the training to use foreign tanks. As germans werent short on tanks, but on crews they were.
Ah the T-34s were designed and built to be easy to use which is why many russian tank crew were picked if they had a technical background as they had a shortage of good tankman. I think a novice German crew would easily handle a T-34.

Upvote 0
seppdietr

Otto Grotewohl is definately wrong. He was the Prime Minister of the latter GDR. This is a modern street name of the post war era. It is "Friedrich Strasse"

I noticed that the map with the damaged buildings (blue) also uses post war nomenclatura.

Stay with the Maps between 1933 ans 1945.

The north-South road is "Herrmann G

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thank you, can you find the name of the short street that starts west(left) of the reichstag, and joins the luisen strasse in front of the brandeburger gate?
Now this map looks ok but I think the gate looks too small and bulky?

believe me, the gate might look small on the screenshots but once you will see it in-game, you will find it is freekin gigantic.
a tank can easily drive through the pillars

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Progress of my map;

map is now 95% ready for beta-release, after solving a major spawning problem with the help of Drecks.

this first release will be slightly different from my first idea, as the germans will have 1 panther that respawns maximum 5 times, the russians wil have 2 t-34's one of them is on unlimited respawn, other one can respawn 10 times.

and no turret panther burried in street due to limited field of vision it would be useless

no t-34 for germans either, as it is impossible to do with the editor

Map will hopefully be done by this weekend!

Upvote 0