• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Over 10 new maps and increased player limits for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

These maps look and sound great, I have been away from RO for some time and hopefully this will keep me staying :). See you in a game soon all.

Again for the people that don't read past the heading - they aren't new and are already available in VERY polished forms - these are the "best" maps from the mapping contest so they are already at a high standard.

Upvote 0
Again for the people that don't read past the heading - they aren't new and are already available in VERY polished forms - these are the "best" maps from the mapping contest so they are already at a high standard.

But surely that's your opinion and one that was not shared by TWI or they would not have asked the map makers to re-look at them and polish them up?

Besides I think intergrating them into the game is a great idea that rewards those mappers and modders who took the time to make them and supports the community at the same time.

I fail to see how this is wrong or why?
You keep banging on about "they are not new" and yet to many players they will be.

Maybe it's because I'm a "the Glass is half full" sort of person that i can see only positives in this.:confused:

Upvote 0
"Thanks"

"Thanks"

There are alot of things we (as a community) should be thankful for:

• Tripwire - for continually supporting RO by sponsoring contests, integrating new features, polishing custom maps, and taking the time to reply/update us on their continuing work on these forums.
  • Mappers - for all of the hard work that has gone into developing new material for the rest of us to enjoy. And the dedication to listen to feedback and persistence to move from a beta 1 to the final. The map contest winners have sent so many hours of their free time to make maps that are such high standards, they should be recognized and acknowledged and released as "stock maps."
  • AHZ crew for leading the way with some exciting mods.
  • The "PR" and $19.99 price. This can only bring newer players into the game for the rest of us to "own" with our rifles, mgs, new at guns and tanks.
  • These forums - which is the communication between the developers and the community. There can be constructive criticism which may influence the developers to rethink an idea. Or there can be abusive comments which in most cases be ignored.
  • Yoshiro and Wilsonam from Tripwire for responding to questions and comments in a mature and informative way and not resorting to juvenile statements like "turn off your updates" which you can't do in Steam, or "boy your wrong alot. no offense." Hope these other guys from Tripwire bring more to the table than their diplomacy skills.
Can't wait for the update!!!

Reservoir Dog

Upvote 0
SNIP
  • Yoshiro and Wilsonam from Tripwire for responding to questions and comments in a mature and informative way and not resorting to juvenile statements like "turn off your updates" which you can't do in Steam, or "boy your wrong alot. no offense." Hope these other guys from Tripwire bring more to the table than their diplomacy skills.
SNIP

Reservoir Dog

Re-read the answer I gave to the guy who is wrong alot. It's actually part of a very informative diplomatic answer if you read carefully. :)

Upvote 0