• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Omaha beach map project need help!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do hope that the German bunkers are not like the ones on Iwo Jima. The Americans can walk right in there as all the bunker doors are open. Additionally any larger bunker had a mounted MG guarding the door. So there should not be an idea access to the bunkers. Also do not make the mistake of having a bunker's capzone to be active even outside the bunker. Several objectives in current RO2 maps are an excellent example for this. Building 81 on Commissars House can be captured without having a single Soviet entering the building as the capzone is even outside the building.

So if the capzone is outside the bunker the Americans simply queue up outside on the bunker wall and cap the bunker without ever entering the bunker. That'd be really obnoxious as no fight to get in the bunker and clear it would take place.

In my designs and sketches for a Siegrfried Line map I have been thinking about this as well: The bunker need doors that can only be opened by the Germans and the Americans/British need blow up the door to gain access. And keep in mind to have a fixed MG guarding the door of each bunker, every "larger" bunker had this safety precaution.

Upvote 0
yes there are some updates, as simon said i asked Nymets to take the lead into the map editing and he accepted (hellyea!!) since i dont have enough spare time to keep it up, so he is now working on it,i will still help providing him custom materials ext ext.. have a look at some custom models that will be aviable for all other mappers!! and some more coming, plus animated shooting 88mm flak for map immersion >D :) enjoy the preview

Attachments

• preview3.jpg
    preview3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1
  • preview4.jpg
    preview4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1
  • preview5.jpg
    preview5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Immagine2.jpg
    Immagine2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes there are some updates, as simon said i asked Nymets to take the lead into the map editing and he accepted (hellyea!!) since i dont have enough spare time to keep it up, so he is now working on it,i will still help providing him custom materials ext ext.. have a look at some custom models that will be aviable for all other mappers!! and some more coming, plus animated shooting 88mm flak for map immersion >D :) enjoy the preview

good luck, hope you fixed the maya problems. :)

Upvote 0