• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official Dwarfs?! Axe Balance Thread

Official Dwarfs?! Axe Balance Thread

• Total voters
Upvote 0
I like how you're using a controlled laboratory experiment to prove your point. In practice, you'd be rounding corners, could potentially get stuck on rocks or doors, and you'd be fending off more enemies than just the fp. Don't try to cherry pick to win your argument. Thanks.

I'm not saying that knockback should be removed as a whole. I'm saying that knockback should be removed from Scrakes/Fleshpounds... at least on Suc/HoE. True, the video is just a demonstration, but have you seen zerks do that in Suc? I certainly have

Upvote 0
I agree that is op for FPs. I was last one as medic without armor dealing with a double Fleshi and I could brake line of site fast enough so one of them raged.

It came at me with the uppercut which would instantly kill me. But knock back saved my ***.

Anyways there is no other weapon that can stop a raging FP from hitting you.
It actually takes almost no skill to knockback a raging FP in an open ma.

Upvote 0
32039433.jpg

Had to be done

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree that is op for FPs. I was last one as medic without armor dealing with a double Fleshi and I could brake line of site fast enough so one of them raged.

It came at me with the uppercut which would instantly kill me. But knock back saved my ***.

Anyways there is no other weapon that can stop a raging FP from hitting you.
It actually takes almost no skill to knockback a raging FP in an open ma.

well then its fine as it is, you had a 8weight offperk weapon for 3000 dosh in your backpack, why shouldnt you be rewarded with a life saving move for that?
i cannot see the point that proves the weapons imbalance here.

Upvote 0
well then its fine as it is, you had a 8weight offperk weapon for 3000 dosh in your backpack, why shouldnt you be rewarded with a life saving move for that?
i cannot see the point that proves the weapons imbalance here.

Well I bought it as zerk for 900 which is still expensive. But a raging FP for anyone without armor should be game over (except zerk which is not fair).

Upvote 0
No if they were to balance it they'd just increase the price of it x10 and make it useless just like the m99 is now, no one uses it anymore.

It's actually still really easy to obtain, even with the smaller money pool that Hell on Earth gives you. You simply need a team that wants to support the weapon financially. But yes, much, much less common to see it. I miss spamming it at groups of crawlers. :(

Upvote 0
So only the berserker has the game-breaking feature? I suppose that would be one step closer to balancing it.

Because the dwarf axe is really gamebreaking lmfao come on people get real that thing is utter garbage as it is, dwarf axe has 70% less range than the Claymore does 5 extra damage per swing and a much smaller AoE compared to the Claymores swing speex of 1.05 to the axes god awful 1.4. You think that silly knockback is worth all those disadvantages? Absolutely not. A berserker can tank MULTIPLE hits from a fleshpound as it is. Crouch and alt fire Claymore while team focuses fire that fp won't live to throw out more than one hit

Upvote 0