• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Crosshairs will be LIVE from TWI's offices

It's coming.
I have to finish editing the weekends cast and then I will get on it.
So much realism at home with the kids.....you know.
Haven't you heard? RO:HoS comes with a "Relaxed Realism" mode. Sounds perfect for those rainy day kids cooped up in the house days....:p

Just kidding. Words of advice from an aged parent (the advice is worth what you paid for it), enjoy them while you have them. Don't let Harry Chapin's song "Cat's in the Craddle" become a sad fact....Don't miss out on them.....

YouTube - Harry Chapin Cats in the Cradle (Soundstage)

Floyd

Last edited:
Reactions: OneDuck
Upvote 0
Haven't you heard? RO:HoS comes with a "Relaxed Realism" mode. Sounds perfect for those rainy day kids cooped up in the house days....:p

Just kidding. Words of advice from an aged parent (the advice is worth what you paid for it), enjoy them while you have them. Don't let Harry Chapin's song "Cat's in the Craddle" become a sad fact....Don't miss out on them.....

Floyd

and don't get yourself killed in a car crash in the upcoming weeks ;)

Upvote 0

Floyd

Kinda weird my wife and I were just musing over that song. My daughter popped in from college and we were melancholy that she kind of was just passing through.
So we were explaining it to to her and my mighty mighty PC Gaming son.
The other daughter was out on a sleep over.
Im old enough to have been sad when Chapin died.

That's realism.
I really enjoy the fact that I raised my boy to be a PC gamer and all I have to do is swivel my chair 180 and there he is. He is 12 and has been playing PC for 6 years

I also chose to be a dad who is home every nite.PC gaming helps

By the way he has logged a fair amount of hours in RO OST so there is no doubt he will be owning a few here.
I have told him all about the game and he had begged to be able to cut school and go with me to TWI.

Last year he and I drove 8 hours to attend Nerv3 lanfest.

Cool fact.
When I was down in Atlanta visiting the studio he texted me asking how it was going.
I replied that everyone was very cool.
He replied "Will it be good for the community"
Meaning the game.

That really struck me because he knows I believe that the game is really just the backdrop for the people who play multiplayer.
Unlike single player MP gaming is a social thing.
Contrary to what many people say about gaming.

Now you can wake up again from my boring monologue

Upvote 0
Kinda weird my wife and I were just musing over that song. My daughter popped in from college and we were melancholy that she kind of was just passing through.
So we were explaining it to to her and my mighty mighty PC Gaming son.
The other daughter was out on a sleep over.
Im old enough to have been sad when Chapin died.

That's realism.
I really enjoy the fact that I raised my boy to be a PC gamer and all I have to do is swivel my chair 180 and there he is. He is 12 and has been playing PC for 6 years

I also chose to be a dad who is home every nite.PC gaming helps

By the way he has logged a fair amount of hours in RO OST so there is no doubt he will be owning a few here.
I have told him all about the game and he had begged to be able to cut school and go with me to TWI.

Last year he and I drove 8 hours to attend Nerv3 lanfest.

Cool fact.
When I was down in Atlanta visiting the studio he texted me asking how it was going.
I replied that everyone was very cool.
He replied "Will it be good for the community"
Meaning the game.

That really struck me because he knows I believe that the game is really just the backdrop for the people who play multiplayer.
Unlike single player MP gaming is a social thing.
Contrary to what many people say about gaming.

Now you can wake up again from my boring monologue
Nice. Sounds quite familiar. I got into admining FPS servers and FPS play because my (then) 11 year old son was playing MOH:AA online and (1)kept getting kicked for high ping and (2) because I didn't like the language the latch key kids were using. I rented my first server and in no time found some like minded players and the rest is history. We had a full server 24/7 for a couple of years and then ran a full CoD server right along side when it came out.

Interesting sidebar, at around 16 my son and another member's daughter (17) were literally owning everyone on our servers so we had to kindly ask them to play elsewhere. :eek: None of the regulars would play with them on (and the noobs were always accusing them of hacking). Jim went on to play 'professionally', but after his team made it to the finals, he could not play in them because of his age. (I didn't know he was fibbing to them.) The application and plane tickets busted him..lol). Good times and great fun for the both of us. He's now in his second year at college majoring in Mech. Engr. A chip off the old block (except he's making better grades).....:cool:

And they say gaming is a detriment to upbringing. Like any adoloescent he wanted the fast track to success. He learned how much more enjoyable it is to defeat the sad loser that has to resort to every trick to be a 'winner'. I was able to teach him the values of fair play, decency and respect.

Upvote 0
...Contrary to what many people say about gaming...
My daughter was getting mostly Ds and Fs in school. She started smoking at six, was up to ten packs a day at eight years old. By ten, she was addicted to cocaine. She became an expert at the use of the Balisong (Filipino Butterfly knife) to stealthily cut the pockets of local drug dealers and get free fixes. Myself, I dropped out of society, joined a nude 'artist' group, and became addicted to Heroin, with a little Opium on the side. I shaved innocent kittens bare, just for fun. On clear days, I torched ants with my magnifying glass, nearly bringing two species to extinction.

Then, in a rare moment together, my daughter and I heard that same song about playing Cat's Cradle by Charlie Chaplin, I think. We stated playing. We had nothing, so we used wound up cat hair for the string (I had LOTS of cat hair...).

It took us months, probably because of our drug induced haze, but we finally got to the 'Manger' move, and quickly progressed to the final 'Diamonds' move. Gaming. Together. We were hooked!

We had a friend, we'll call him Rico. He traded us a nice PC for some, well, stuff we had left. He said he bought it brand new, but didn't need it. It sure looked new.

Anyway, it had a game on it called Red Orchestra: Combined arms. We started playing it. We asked Rico if he could get us another PC, so we could both play at the same time. He asked us what kind we wanted, and in a couple of days, he had it for us! What are the odds - he already had exactly the PC we wanted! I knew that someone upstairs was looking out for us - and I don't mean the helicopters that seemed to fly around my wooded property constantly lately...

Anyway, to make a long story short, my kid and I got so hooked on gaming together, we had no time to continue down the wrong path. She's now top of her class, going to college next year, already accepted into several top schools, and we both kicked our multiple drug habits.

Yeah, gaming is good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My daughter was getting mostly Ds and Fs in school. She started smoking at six, was up to ten packs a day at eight years old. By ten, she was addicted to cocaine. She became an expert at the use of the Balisong (Filipino Butterfly knife) to stealthily cut the pockets of local drug dealers and get free fixes. Myself, I dropped out of society, joined a nude 'artist' group, and became addicted to Heroin, with a little Opium on the side. I shaved innocent kittens bare, just for fun. On clear days, I torched ants with my magnifying glass, nearly bringing two species to extinction.

Then, in a rare moment together, my daughter and I heard that same song about playing Cat's Cradle by Charlie Chaplin, I think. We stated playing. We had nothing, so we used wound up cat hair for the string (I had LOTS of cat hair...).

It took us months, probably because of our drug induced haze, but we finally got to the 'Manger' move, and quickly progressed to the final 'Diamonds' move. Gaming. Together. We were hooked!

We had a friend, we'll call him Rico. He traded us a nice PC for some, well, stuff we had left. He said he bought it brand new, but didn't need it. It sure looked new.

Anyway, it had a game on it called Red Orchestra: Combined arms. We started playing it. We asked Rico if he could get us another PC, so we could both play at the same time. He asked us what kind we wanted, and in a couple of days, he had it for us! What are the odds - he already had exactly the PC we wanted! I knew that someone upstairs was looking out for us - and I don't mean the helicopters that seemed to fly around my wooded property constantly lately...

Anyway, to make a long story short, my kid and I got so hooked on gaming together, we had no time to continue down the wrong path. She's now top of her class, going to college next year, already accepted into several top schools, and we both kicked our multiple drug habits.

Yeah, gaming is good.

Lol

Upvote 0