• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New WWII game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
DrGuppy said:
It's all about how the game plays, not what it's about.
I disagree. Many people, myself included, buy games based largely on what they're about. I'm certain that the majority of people who play Red Orchestra do so because they have an interest in World War II or just history in general.

DraKon2k said:
How often do I have to say it? It won't be americanisized.
2ltben said:
Just because something features Americans does not mean it's centered around them.
Maybe they will add more nations and campaigns in the future, but at this juncture in time, the game appears to be very much centered around the Americans. You only need look at the webpage to realize that.

2ltben said:
I'd say it's more centered around the Germans. No matter where you go, where there's fighting you'll find Germans.
Uh, it would be somewhat difficult to exclude the Germans from a World War II game set in the European theatre, given the fact that they were at the heart of the conflict.

2ltben said:
This is NOT just a D-Day game...
Then, pray tell, why is it called "1944 D-Day"?

SgtH3nry3 said:
...you haven't seen the game yet.
And I probably never will. I doubt this game will ever see the light of day.

(CoR)MiccyNarc said:
Folks, don't feed the troll.
You appear to be the only person trolling this thread. Bug off.

Upvote 0
.exe said:
I disagree. Many people, myself included, buy games based largely on what they're about. I'm certain that the majority of people who play Red Orchestra do so because they have an interest in World War II or just history in general.

How do you want to know that?

Maybe they will add more nations and campaigns in the future, but at this juncture in time, the game appears to be very much centered around the Americans. You only need look at the webpage to realize that.

I already mentioned it, a) soon you'll be able to choose between different homepage skins, b) you can play as germans or as americans or as any other units. At the beginning you'll be able to play as Germans or American Airborne.

Uh, it would be somewhat difficult to exclude the Germans from a World War II game set in the European theatre, ...Then, pray tell, why is it called "1944 D-Day"?

Because it starts with D-Day :rolleyes:

Stop praying, if you'd know how professionell the team is, you wouldn't say that. There's lots of stuff we alpha members have already seen. It's not a project 8-year-old timmy just started out of fun, the Devs are professionals and so will be the game.

You seem to be trolling, leave this **** alone, or post constructive critics. Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes, it is, in the same way RO is centered around the Russians.

Yes, alot of games include the Americans, yes, it's an overpopulation, but just because the Americans are in the game doesn't mean they will be glorified or hyped, that's conjecture.
This game looks good, and to write it off completely based on what nations are in the game is immature at best.
Can you back that statement up or are you just randomly spouting off?
Another Western Front game centered around the Americans. Yawn.
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'd say it's more Commonwealth centric. They have Canada and Britain, whereas America just has America, Germany has Germany, and France has the Free French and Partisans. There is not a single thing in this game that will give Americans a favor over other nations. In fact, the first Allied soldiers you'll play are either French Partisans or British Glider troops, and not once will you ever have to see an American soldier in the entire time you play this game.

And for a game that's "never going to see the light of day", it's been around for years.

Just because it's called 1944 D-Day doesn't mean it's just going to cover D-Day. The first retail release will cover the entire Normandy campaign from start to finish. From then on, expansions will be periodically released that will grow to cover other parts of the war. Try reading up on the forums about the game you're going to bash before you go off criticizing on things you don't know about.

Upvote 0
DraKon2k said:
How do you want to know that?
Come again?

DraKon2k said:
I already mentioned it, a) soon you'll be able to choose between different homepage skins
Who cares about "homepage skins"? How does changing the look of the homepage make the game itself any different?

DraKon2k said:
Because it starts with D-Day :rolleyes:
Oh, silly me - thinking the title of the game reflected its focus.

DraKon2k said:
You seem to be trolling, leave this **** alone, or post constructive critics.
The fact that I didn't join in on the circle jerk you were having doesn't make me a troll.

(CoR)MiccyNarc said:
Yes, alot of games include the Americans, yes, it's an overpopulation...
"Overpopulation"? When did we start talking about demographics?

(CoR)MiccyNarc said:
...but just because the Americans are in the game doesn't mean they will be glorified or hyped, that's conjecture.
I'm not writing off the game "just because the Americans are in" it. That's idiotic. I'm just tired of Western Front games that are centered around the Americans. The market is saturated with them. Why is that so difficult for some of you to understand?

Also, I would hardly call my initial comment mere "conjecture." I mean, for god's sake, the game is called "1944 D-Day" and the official website has a huge picture of an American G.I. right on the front page. It's obviously being marketed as an Amerocentric Western Front shooter.

(CoR)MiccyNarc said:
This game looks good, and to write it off completely based on what nations are in the game is immature at best.
I'm tired of playing Western Front/Normandy games, so that makes me "immature"? Uh, okay. I'm going to assume you don't know the definition of the word and just leave it at that.

(CoR)MiccyNarc said:
Can you back that statement up or are you just randomly spouting off?
My statement was based on the fact that very few of these home grown FPS games actually make it out the door. Take The Third Reich or Operation Greenlight, for example.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.