• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New WWII game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nyu said:
...so, like how many games have already been done on Normandy so far already?...
DraKon2k said:
Well, 1944 won't be like any other ww2 FPS. It's not about one specific soldier like in CoD or in BiA, no, you can play every single unit. And you also don't have different map, you only have one big maps, full normandy.
Please read, sir.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
.exe said:
Another Western Front game centered around the Americans. Yawn.
Completely, totally, and absolutely incorrect. Just because something features Americans does not mean it's centered around them. If anything, I'd say it's more centered around the Germans. No matter where you go, where there's fighting you'll find Germans.

This is NOT just a D-Day game, they're just putting out the door with a D-Day scenario. This is called marketing. They're eventually going to cover as much of WWII as they can.

Big important fact: You can not only mod this game, under certain conditions, you can build a full game off the core Reality engine. However, one of those certain conditions is that you can't sell it, but if it's really good, Ronan has said that the project might be picked up by the developers.

I have full and complete confidence that this project is legit. I've known about it for years and, I have to say, Ronan has pretty much killed my skepticism. This project is real, and it is coming.

Upvote 0
.exe said:
Another Western Front game centered around the Americans. Yawn.
Actually most of the effort is founded in the French, English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Australian, Canadian, Polish and some other small nations that participated in Normandy.

Now I know alot of games are set in Normandy, but those are games.
This is a sim, it will likely be very Red Orchestra like but because this engine has no limits (which is the secret of beating Unreal Engine 3.0 hands down) in size, polycount, meshcounts, shaders you can go where-ever you want.
Plus it's scripting is superior because it can do Lua, C, C+, C++, C#, Cg, Python, Lisp, Perl, almost everything.

So don't tell me this is another CoD, BiA or stuff...
It is virtually the same as, oh RO? Blech, its just another BiA but on the Eastern Front.
You can't say anything, because you haven't seen the game yet.

Every game has its unique feeling, but because this team consists of volunteers and dedicated people it will be much better than those lazy people at Infinity Ward, EA, Dice, Gearbox, etc.
Just as Tripwire Interactive, they are dedicated people, from what I can tell they don't earned thousands everyday but infact they pay for this mod.
Now Red Orchestra was limited because of the UE2.0 engine, but now you take away some limits (except bloody UScript :() with support of an improved engine and there you have a completly new game which is improved thanks to the new engine.

I'm actually looking forward to it, just as Red Orchestra.
But the fact is I can't chose which is better, because I normally don't like large open maps and physics overusage.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.