• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

As much as I love the C96 and the Hi-Power, I still think they were also too rare to be represented. If they were to be included, I would give the C96 only to the SS and the Hi-Power only to Falschirmjager Officers and SS Officers since only the FJ and SS used them AFAIK.

Now you want to talk a more commonly seen weapon, How about the Czech Vz24 Mauser? Germans used them in early campaigns since there were not enough K98k rifles made and also the Romanians used contract purchased Vz24s on the EF. There were many Vz24 rifles captured by the Russians on the EF and the ones on the market now are being sold out of Russia just like the current (Russian Capture) K98k rifle supply. But to be honest, adding the Vz24 would not really add anything to the game since it operated and acted very much like a K98 Mauser. It simply just looked a little different.

Out of all of them though, the Nagant Revolver MUST be in the game. It was everywhere on the EF for the entire war.

The rest of Nebfer's list is good to go. Especially the Maxim MG. That thing was also very prolific on the EF.

With all this said, I would love to see the Luftwaffe FJ and Russian Partisans in this game. Again they are small in significance as far as regular army nubers but they would be a great addition for some of the non-historical online maps out there.

The great part about the Partisans is that they can use just about any weapon since in real life they used what they found, stole, bought or captured. Just food for thought.

Upvote 0
Angelangel who knows if it was used on the eastern front or not but probably not is my guess. Have never fired a FG42 but have held an actual one and it is dam heavy and can only imagine the recoil from it. It most certainly would have had to have been fired from a bipod to be accurate at all. Nebfer no! the M1895 revolver would be horrendous to reload!!!

Upvote 0
OT: I'm not sure if the FG42 would be as bad as you think recoil-wise unless it was fired fully automatic. Doesn't it fire the same standard 8mm Mauser round?

As for new weapons, I'd like to see the ol' Gewehr 98 added. Just because it was used in WW1 doesn't mean it never saw action in WW2, even if it was very little action. That and maybe another variant of the K98 just to give German riflemen a choice of which rifle they prefer.

Upvote 0
I guess including the M1895 is an argument between practical and historical. The historical argument is that the pistol was present so it should be included. More practically, who would actually choose the pistol? In game, you'd never live long enough to reload it. You thing the reload time on the G41 is bad? One of the main drawbacks of the pistol in real life is the fact that it has one of the most hideous triggers ever designed into a pistol. All in all, I'd have to cast my vote in the "why bother" category. There are other weapons I'd much rather see.

Upvote 0
Angelangel who knows if it was used on the eastern front or not but probably not is my guess. Have never fired a FG42 but have held an actual one and it is dam heavy and can only imagine the recoil from it. It most certainly would have had to have been fired from a bipod to be accurate at all. Nebfer no! the M1895 revolver would be horrendous to reload!!!

Which is why you would have the option to have a TT33 instead if the M95 reload bothers you. A simple solution.

Upvote 0
I guess including the M1895 is an argument between practical and historical. The historical argument is that the pistol was present so it should be included. More practically, who would actually choose the pistol? In game, you'd never live long enough to reload it. You thing the reload time on the G41 is bad? One of the main drawbacks of the pistol in real life is the fact that it has one of the most hideous triggers ever designed into a pistol. All in all, I'd have to cast my vote in the "why bother" category. There are other weapons I'd much rather see.

I and many other would use the Nagant Revolver. Just like the many love and use the G41 even though the reload takes twice as long as the G43.

The great thing about having the Nagant is that it is not FORCED on YOU. You can simply select the TT33 by default and the only Nagant you will see in the game is the one I have when I shoot you in the head with it. :D

And why should the developers bother with it? Because it historically correct and falls into THIS game's historical theme, that's why. It is also a much better option that some RTCW fantasy weapon like the FG42 and sharks with lasers on their heads.

If you have a weapon that beats the Nagant from it's spot of historically belonging in this game then we are all ears.

Upvote 0
Well technically you had two man teams for MG's as well. That's why I made the suggestion about the ammuntion. For the mortars though, you could give the man a pistol, binoculars, and of course the mortar. It could function sort of like a cross between an MG and a tank turret. You delpoy it, align your target distance and fire. Heck the reloading animation and the firing animation are the same thing.

You could have a second (perhaps even have a support class that has to be assigned to an MG or mortar) that goes ahead and marks out a target for you (which would appear on the maps sort of like an artillery target) and you could, perhaps while hiding behind a forest or a house, lob mortar rounds towards the targets.

Upvote 0
I think a few new weapons should be implemented not really for official use but to give map makers more options. But yes the Nagant revolver must be implemented, thats like having axis with no lugers! It's going to be quite the !@##$ to animate though. I also heard some revolvers were silenced for recon units, again do it for the map makers!

Upvote 0
Yes the Nagant would be a pain to animate but IIRC it was done for RO 1.x the MOD so why not for ROOST? Comparing it to the Luger is a good comparison and explains well why it should be included.

To the guy wanting the Walther PPK: The PPK was a Police Pistol. PPK = Police Pistol Kurtz (Short) IIRC. It was not an army issue weapon AFAIK.

The Idea for mortars is excellent as well IMHO. I know that somebody is also working on a stationary Anti Tank Gun for the Russians. Such a gun for the Germans would also add to the game and would help ballance the sides.

Last but not least, the Germans really need an Anti Tank Rifle to counter the Russian one. Not to mentions a fast scout car like the clowncar.

Stop me before I rant...

Upvote 0
yea, they made some models for competition shooting
http://64.82.96.51/288.jpg

Just read in the latest issue of SGN that some if not all of the target models were simply modified standard WWII models.

As always though, you have to take anything written in SGN with a grain of salt and do your own research if the info is available.

Upvote 0