• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

NEW Screens

Isn't the .45 caliber renowned for it's stopping power?
It is, but I've never heard someone really credible say it is. From what I see, most of the people who seem to say it are youtubers watching brassfetcher videos talking about how .45 acp is more powerful than 5.56 and other loads.
Plus everything I've read about terminal ballistics says that the size of the hole is not a significant factor. Most bullets are fractions of an inch wide, so .1 of an inch bonus isn't that much.

Wup, other guy beat me to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was going to make a "jam" pun, but reliability is too important for that. Reliability is the shadow government that the king waits on approval from.

It could be a little interesting if there were weapon unreliability on a select few KF2 guns. Maybe a Vietnam-era M16 as a sidegrade to the AK12.

Upvote 0
I was going to make a "jam" pun, but reliability is too important for that. Reliability is the shadow government that the king waits on approval from.

It could be a little interesting if there were weapon unreliability on a select few KF2 guns. Maybe a Vietnam-era M16 as a sidegrade to the AK12.
Oh
Yeah reliability is very important in itself.
Although I was just referring to mechanics of terminal ballistics.

Upvote 0
7.62? In KF2? Only confirmed one is the SCAR; we're talking about it now?
Well naturally there should be something for Commando in the game that's two tiers below the SCAR, and thus much weaker.
And I think TWI made a great selection with the 9mm AR15. It's got the weakness of a SMG, but it has the aesthetic of an assault rifle, making it distinguishable as being Commando's domain, but realistic, unlike the weakness of the 5.56 KF1 Bullpup compared to the 5.56 KF1 M4 and .45acp KF1 Tommies.

The KF2 AK12 is not 7.62x39; note the mag's less pronounced curve. It's 5.45 or 5.56. So it very well may share tier 2 with the 5.56 KF2 Bullpup. Meaning that the SCAR may be tier 3, leaving tier 4 open for a LMG. Or a select fire Noreen Bad News, making the strongest and weakest commando guns ARs. That'd be funny. And having that much recoil to tame sounds fun too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's reflective of reality. 7.62x39 is being phased out in a lot of places in favor of 5.56 or 5.45 for their light weight, low recoil, and flat trajectories. They're often more practical, but there are exceptions where x39 is preferred. Vietnam's upgrading from AKMs to Galils, yet they're sticking with 7.62x39, which remains stable after penetrating foliage much better.

Or maybe TWI just felt like it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But there aren't any screens to find, yet, are there?
I already typed up more gun talk, so I'm gonna post it anyways. Then I'll try to keep it in other threads.

A classic AK would be great in an update or dlc somewhere down the line, but I think it would be a little redundant to have two AKs with such similar function at launch.
Hah, maybe they could have a whole pack based around the AK series, each one for a different perk. It certainly has been adapted to enough roles. 54r vepr for sharp, bizon for medic, saiga12 for support, RPK74 if there's a LMG perk, and a classic AKM or a true AK-47 for commando. True AK-47s are rare compared to AKMs, but KF1 had a bloody MKb-42(H).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I could have sworn I read somewhere under 60 or so meters the 5.56 deals more damage that a 7.62x39 usually. I believe it was credited to how much more it yawed and fragmented while the 7.62 simply over penetrated at this range.

I could be remembering wrong though.
Yeah this sounds about like what I hear. Although that is M855, which is being phased out for M855A1, which does the same thing out past 300 meters.

Upvote 0
Fragmentation radius varies based on barrel length and the load.
Guys Imma just throw this out there and make some people mad.
7.62x39 suuuucks
That's why they don't use it anymore :0
5.45 firearms aren't weaker, they're pretty much better in every way.
So is 5.56.
Don't kill me.
The military loads for 7.62x39 suck for directly shooting the intended target, yeah. If the hague convention doesn't apply to your choice of ammo, though, it's a whole other story. Soft points and ballistic tips in 7.62x39 can be gnarly.

I'm also jonesing for some new screenshots. I'll have the magazine in a matter of hours, though, so I think I'll hold off on checking for its content online, so I can see it for the first time in my hands.

Upvote 0
Fragmentation radius varies based on barrel length and the load.
The military loads for 7.62x39 suck for directly shooting the intended target, yeah. If the hague convention doesn't apply to your choice of ammo, though, it's a whole other story. Soft points and ballistic tips in 7.62x39 can be gnarly.
Oh yeah all that crazy hunting stuff is what makes bullets great, even 7.62x51 can be pretty meh if it doesn't fragment or at least yaw. I'm hoping that people are starting to realize that military FMJ is bleh (even the really loud ones guys) and should be modernized abit like what they're doing with 5.56.
I'm just proud of our new 5.56 because it basicly behaves like AMAX.
Freakin awesome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the magazine.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0