• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

NEW Screens

DOSH.

There is a LOT of 9mm ammo in the world, and it's spread pretty evenly. Lots of places to find some 9mm.
There's also a good amount of 5.45 in the world, but it's more likely to be packed away in bulk in particular places.
Today, on the worldwide market, 5.45 is a little cheaper than 9mm.
In KF2's post apocalyptic market, though, 5.45 might be be much less consistently available, so the trader might charge much more for it.
(if KF2's AK12 is chambered in 5.56, the same argument still applies, but to a lesser extent)

For gameplay balancing reasons, the gun will also likely be cheaper. Maybe even a free spawn bonus, for moderately high level players.

Also maybe more ammo carried, due to compactness.
mag_bags450.jpg

These aren't 9mm and 5.45, but they're mags for very similarly sized rounds, so it demonstrates the idea.

Also 32rd mags instead of 30rd. In game the difference might be even more, and the commando perk bonus will likely amplify the difference.
Also likely lower recoil
Also likely lower weight gun
Also some people prefer iron sights
Also quieter

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope there's a perk unlock or something, that will unlock the PROPER 5.56 M4 and not this pussified version. Why someone will prefer this 9mm joke instead of the AK12 ROFL!!

I won't be too surprised if some AR15 type o' gun comes into KF2 again as a sidegrade.

I really do hope there's going to be an AK with wood furniture somewhere though.

Also I really want to get my hands on that full-size Bullpup.

Upvote 0
I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts they are one in the same. If you look at the KF2 avatars they made on Steam, the two crawlers are the same, the one with it's mouth closed has a visible split in the jaw. In the screenshot, there appears to be a slight split (the red line that would indicate the inside of the jaw). It's not nearly as noticeable I'll grant you that. I'd be genuinely surprised if they have two different types of crawlers though.
This guy :0

Upvote 0
I hope there's a perk unlock or something, that will unlock the PROPER 5.56 M4 and not this pussified version. Why someone will prefer this 9mm joke instead of the AK12 ROFL!!
Wow you know what I just realized?
The one in KF did exactly as much damage as the M9, so there isn't really any difference here; they probably added this so they could have a gun that filled the same role without laughing in the face of realism. And I know the game is coolism not realism, but they said they would be making it a bit more realistic in the firearm department.

Also 9mm ftw, .45 is overrated.

Upvote 0
Whats wrong with the iron sights of the AK?
The kobra red dot sight is in the way of using them.
Monsters-and-Carnage-steal-the-show-in-these-Killing-Floor-2-screenshots-17-1024x654.jpg

The bullpup still has the eotech, and the scar has the sideways aimpoint pro.
So far as we know, the only commando iron sight option in KF2 is the 9mm ar15.
Also who cares about how loud the weapon is in KF ... ? :D:confused: :eek:
The cysts are blind, and it has been said that the zeds behaviors are being overhauled. So quieter guns might be advantageous in some cases. Also quieter gun means that, by relation, the zeds behind you are louder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The cysts are blind, and it has been said that the zeds behaviors are being overhauled..

The Siren was blind too, and the Fleshpound arguably was, too (it seemed his eye-shield had pinholes on it to see out of).

It'd be interesting to see if blind zeds actually do have differences, but I somehow doubt it. I haven't seen any suppressed weapons in the game.

But if vision/sound is a factor, then I'd be stoked. Silenced MAC? Silenced Sten? Bring it on, I say.

Upvote 0
It is a picatinny rail attachment, so realistically you could remove it easily, but there hasn't been any official word suggesting that will be an option in KF2. Then again, there isn't official word yet on a lot of things. I imagine that they'll either keep it simple with no options, or they'll make it worth their while with some significant modularity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Several reasons, a 9mm is smaller so weighs less and you can hold much more of them in the same amount of space, recoil from using a 9mm carbine would be next to nothing and the 9mm is also quieter.

Upvote 0
Interesting.
Resonance and invisibility very, very much correlate to particular zeds, the siren and the stalker.
DNA is perhaps the crawler, since those are spider men hybrids?
Vision is the cyst?
Strength is the fleshpound?
Progress, what zed is that? The patriarch because he always rambles about superior genetics? Gorefasts because they run? Or will gorefasts be "cutting edge"?

Future teasers in this series may be the first hints of unannounced new zeds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It absolutely is.
But "renowned" statements aren't necessarily facts.
Most professional testing and statistics don't show a whole lot of difference in practice between the ballistics of 9mm, 45 acp, 40s&w, or other conventional pistol calibers.
Magazine capacity is something a preschooler can compare fairly accurately, though.

Upvote 0