• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Resistances Categorized by Damage Type

Some basic issues/differences:

• Husks in particular take basically twice as many shots to decap now with Commando weapons
  • Gorefasts can't be reliably decapped in one shot as a Commando unless using the SCAR-H - taking 3 shots with the starter weapon and two with SA80 and AK-12
  • crawlers require multiple shots when not decapped with the first two tiers of weapons
This applies a direct nerf to Commando since its job is supposed to be trash cleaning.

• Demo doesn't appear to be able to cause a stun to fleshpounds anymore, despite being the perk that gets bonus XP for killing them
  • Crawlers have a 0.3x multiplier for fire, yet the Firebug gets bonus XP for killing them? What even is this?
  • Shotguns are substantially less effective against stalkers and crawlers, which is just bizarre
Sirens aren't vulnerable to any damage type, and don't take 1x damage from any source except shotguns. They are resistant [to varying degrees] to everything else.

Bloats are only vulnerable to fire damage [1.6x] now.

Gorefasts vulnerable to shotguns and Sharpshooter rifles.

There's only 1 SMG in the game at present and yet crawlers/all clot variants are susceptible to it.

Stalkers - 2.5x damage from assault rifles, but 0.3x from Sharpshooter rifles.

Husks - only vulnerable to microwave damage.

Scrakes - only vulnerable to RPG impacts.

You don't have the luxury of only shooting at targets you're best at when enemies come at you in droves.

It's a mess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^ A level 0 perk can kill husk with four 9mm shots to the tank. They announced the shift in weakzones and you're doing it wrong if you still try to headshot them despite being unable to incap them that way with your current weapon.

What exactly is wrong with gorefasts taking *1* hit more especially when this is only true while using the second +mag size skill for your (consequently) fully auto build?

What exactly is wrong with crawlers demanding for headshots from many weapons?

Stalkers - 2.5x damage from assault rifles, but 0.3x from Sharpshooter rifles.
Yet low level sharpshooer can oneshot their heads. It only means you cannot go all "who gives a **** about stalkers? Penetration power baby!".

Scrakes are so super soft against any berserker, sharpshooter, gunslinger or commando weapon (one mag combo hasn't changed). Why bother with it's resistance? They are easier to kill than before the preview despite their resistance.

Really how does all of this amount to "a mess"? Alright, keep your opinion. There is nothing I can do. :(

I agree about crawler vs fire though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^ A level 0 perk can kill husk with four 9mm shots to the tank. They announced the shift in weakzones and you're doing it wrong if you still try to headshot them despite being unable to incap them that way with your current weapon.
When they're behind fifteen other zeds, and the horde only moves aside to let the fireball come through, you don't get any scope to shoot the tank.
What exactly is wrong with gorefasts taking *1* hit more especially when this is only true while using the second +mag size skill for your (consequently) fully auto build?
2 extra shots with the starter weapon - 1 extra with both the SA80 and the AK-12. What is wrong with it? It's twice as many shots as it used to be; in effect, a nerf to Commando.
What exactly is wrong with crawlers demanding for headshots from many weapons?
The size of them? The colour? The lighting? Must I go on?
Yet low level sharpshooer can oneshot their heads. It only means you cannot go all "who gives a **** about stalkers? Penetration power baby!".
Correction: a low level Sharp can one-shot their heads and they still flail around, getting in the way of shooting other zeds for about 4 to 5 seconds.
Scrakes are so super soft against any berserker, sharpshooter, gunslinger or commando weapon (one mag combo hasn't changed). Why bother with it's resistance? They are easier to kill than before the preview despite their resistance
This is incorrect for higher difficulties. Scrake HP has actually dropped from 5967 to 4620 on HoE, yet it takes more shots [30 now up from 24] to decap one: in effect, a nerf to Commando.
Really how does all of this amount to "a mess"?
See above, and this time try not to exclude the part where sirens now have no vulnerabilities, Demo can't stun fleshpounds and bloats are only vulnerable to fire.

Upvote 0
See above, and this time try not to exclude the part where sirens now have no vulnerabilities, Demo can't stun fleshpounds and bloats are only vulnerable to fire.

I didn't leave out demo's stun problem on purpose. I agree with you on that one though this is about the new incap system - not FP resistance. Going to add it to my incap system thread.

As explained before, sirens and bloats die to a couple of hits from any automatic weapon. It may be 1-3 more depending on which you use but they are still no real threat. More like a temporary diversion. I understand this is a big issue for you but it is not for me so I cannot agree.

When they're behind fifteen other zeds, and the horde only moves aside to let the fireball come through, you don't get any scope to shoot the tank.

So trash cleaning failed or you need to aim faster. I had no trouble with husks this whole time whatsoever. Four shots is only required by a blank 9mm. Most weapons oneshot it.

This is incorrect for higher difficulties. Scrake HP has actually dropped from 5967 to 4620 on HoE, yet it takes more shots [30 now up from 24] to decap one: in effect, a nerf to Commando.

I did all my testing on scrakes and fleshpounds on HoE / 6p. Only commando actually got a nerf in any sense of the word and +6 additional bullets, not even increasing the average mag count so you'd be forced to reload inbetween it's not a huge nerf.
Your bullets still count when you help to decap a scrake and others won't even be able to tell the difference.

2 extra shots with the starter weapon - 1 extra with both the SA80 and the AK-12. What is wrong with it? It's twice as many shots as it used to be; in effect, a nerf to Commando.
[crawlers]

Twice times 1. I mean seriously? I understand killing gorefasts and crawlers takes more effort now but how can this be bad when the previously require effort was next to none? Again, apparently I'm alone with this opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is going to sound harsh, but I think it must be said. I've played about twenty hours of the preview so far, and I must speak up for my experience.

I feel that the resistance system detracts heavily from the experience of Killing Floor 2. It does not seem to solve any problems, add any character, or otherwise improve the game.

First, and crucially, it is unintuitive, because a bullet is a bullet, and flesh is flesh.

Furthermore:
  • It confuses and frustrates players, both old and new.
  • It penalizes teams which do not spread themselves across perks.
  • It disproportionately penalizes small teams as the waves proceed, and complicates solo even more so.
  • It disproportionately penalizes teams playing at higher difficulties.
  • It reduces the ability of a team to recover from the loss of any members in a wave, because the "right" damage types may no longer be present in the pool.
  • It introduces a "metagame" element where information which is not presented explicitly in the game itself is key to effective play of the game.

I would welcome tweaks to it, as proposed by other people in the thread, but I also question the value of the system in the first place. Good design is intuitive, logical, and self-evident, with concrete benefits - the resistance system has none of these qualities.

This is a fantastic summary - couldn't agree more.

I like the premise of making a team utilize specific perks moreso for specific zed types than others, but it just seems to be drastically overthought. :confused::confused:

It's not hard to imagine this deterring casual players from playing the game to some degree - as it has clearly frustrated quite a few diehards on the board.

Hopefully with the amount of feedback flowing into the board we'll see a few more live updates and we'll reach a happy compromise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not hard to imagine this deterring casual players from playing the game to some degree - as it has clearly frustrated quite a few diehards on the board.

Hopefully with the amount of feedback flowing into the board we'll see a few more live updates and we'll reach a happy compromise.

Yeah, people seem to forget that this is a beta within a beta. Obviously nothing is set in stone and they did this preview because they knew it changed a lot and could upset people. They've already changed some things via live update and I believe they will change more.

Upvote 0
What really bothers me about the resistance system the most is that it makes headshots less rewarding than before. Notably against husks, gorefasts, and bloats.

The whole forced "shoot the backpack" nonsense from husk is amusing but it really shouldn't be the main way of killing them. The backpack on the back of a husk, and husks face the players. Not only is it more intuitive to shoot the head, but also far more practical than flanking it while it is aggroed on a teammate(if applicable). Sure players can explode the husk from the front due to the really wonky hitbox of a backpack, but more often than not it is an attempted headshot that went just a tad bit wide. The husk backpack should be an alternative, not the only option to efficiently dispatch husks.

If TWI wants husks to be a bigger threat, make them shoot fireballs faster like they did in KF1. Nobody is going to take the husk as a serious ranged threat when he takes 30 seconds winding up like a baseball pitcher between each shot. Making them tanky annoying zeds with indestructible heads is not the correct answer.

Bloats too. The whole concept of bloats was that even when decapped, bloats could be a nuisance in that they blocked line of sight against other threats behind it, in effect serving as a "meat shield." Their high body health meant that you were supposed to go for headshots. Headless bloats couldn't puke on you, which was one of the biggest advantages of going for that headshot. Their high body health meant that trying to kill them with bodyshot damage was not only less efficient but also more risky since bloats could still puke on players. And yet apparently TWI wants everyone to use fire against bloats, by making fire the only weakness against bloats and resistant to everything else. Not only is it counterintuitive to encourage bodyshot damage over headshot damage on a zed, since fire weapons are not good for decaps, but it feels like TWI is artificially "forcing" players to go along with it by introducing such a system and trying to make bloats something that they aren't.

Again, same thing with gorefasts. Their higher body hp and speed meant that decapping them was the best thing to do, since they stopped charging once headless. Making all bullet based weapons less effective at decapping gorefasts(2 ak headshots to decap? seriously?) was a mistake, and favors spamming bullets as opposed to aiming for their head. Decaps to trash zeds shouldn't require more than 1 bullet, or 2 for very weak weapons(like offperk 9mm) at the very most. Anything more than that and headshots feel almost pointless.

Rewarding players for good aim and getting headshots is a common theme in any skill based FPS. A better approach would have been to increase body health in comparison to head health of the zeds, or increase headshot multipliers of the weapons to encourage headshots while still making zeds less of a pushover.

Upvote 0
I'm finding the comparison of the preview's resistance system to warframe's resistance system ironic.

While I agree that warframe's system is overall much better than KF2's in the preview, both are actually really lacking and in need of a rework to make them much less intrusive on the respective, "end games" of both games.
Warframe's system does start to turn into to bullet sponge hell at the highest level, it's true, even with weapons correctly tuned for what you're fighting. But the scale there is pretty gradual, and you can almost ignore damage types and resistances, and just know based on the enemy level how tough they'll be for you to kill. Almost. In higher level missions where they mix up the enemy types, damage type vs. armor can leave you fighting an enemy you have almost no prayer of killing once their HP is scaled up due to their level.

Like I said, I think WF and KF are looking at the same issue from two different design philosophies. WF's, up until the max level of difficulty, is that players running around being awesome and killing stuff is what's most important. KF seems to be coming from the direction of "every enemy should be a struggle to bring down." WF is as focused on player advantage due to resistances as the enemy's advantage. KF, by contrast, seems wholly focused on enemy advantages from resistances. To the point Berzerker gets a 50% damage nerf.

So Warframe isn't perfect either but I feel like it's a gradual slope of increasing sponginess. It's just players there are so OP that the devs have to go to extremes to provide a real challenge. Which is why the majority of the game is easy killing, punctuated by special events of "OMG WTF is this?"

All I can say is that when I'm playing WF and an enemy just inexplicably is taking no damage from one or more of my weapons, I find it an irritant. "What stupid combination am I running afoul of now", I think. And in the high level missions, it can be downright problematic. At least in Warframe you're Space Ninja and can wall run and power jump and slide your way to safety to figure something out or kite. KF by comparison is like fighting in a shoe box wearing concrete sneakers.

If TWI wants husks to be a bigger threat, make them shoot fireballs faster like they did in KF1. Nobody is going to take the husk as a serious ranged threat when he takes 30 seconds winding up like a baseball pitcher between each shot. Making them tanky annoying zeds with indestructible heads is not the correct answer.
I'd maybe disagree here. 1 Husk you can pay attention to isn't all that threatening, true. When you get three or more of them with LOS on you though, that "wind up pitch" seems pretty appropriate. Multiple Husks keep up a pretty steady stream of fire as it is, so, making them shoot faster may seem good for a single Husk, but would probably make multiple Husks an enormous problem. It's AoE after al.

By all means, let me. Their speed. Their movement animations. Their hit boxes. Their numbers. Their approach angles. Their leap.

As explained before, sirens and bloats die to a couple of hits from any automatic weapon. It may be 1-3 more depending on which you use but they are still no real threat.
It's a compounding problem though. When each ZED takes that much more attention and bullets to kill, you're building up a deficit versus the previous (plenty challenging IMO) gameplay. As the round length, spawn numbers, player numbers and difficulty increases, this Killing Deficit just grows larger and larger. It's offset by perks, but as he pointed out above, these are all effective nerfs done to Perks done through a meta-game system. Did the game need another meta damage modifier thrown into the mix? Did they feel they'd made the game too easy by buffing perks to player expectations and so couldn't turn around and then nerf them again to achieve the kind of gameplay they wanted, so they created a whole new layer of damage mechanics to tweak difficulty with? Because Berzerker now does half damage with all their perk weapons. If they needed to reign Berzerker back in, they could have just directly modified Berzerker.

I suspect they wanted variance instead of straight across the board nerfs (which Berzerker effectively got anyways.) But they've been overzealous about it. And perks that already weren't all that great in some situations (Demo, Support, Medic on the offense) now have additional complications. I really liked using off-perk weapons on Demo and Medic but now I hardly see the sense in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suspect they wanted variance instead of straight across the board nerfs (which Berzerker effectively got anyways.) But they've been overzealous about it. And perks that already weren't all that great in some situations (Demo, Support, Medic on the offense) now have additional complications. I really liked using off-perk weapons on Demo and Medic but now I hardly see the sense in it.

I completely agree. I think this resistance system CAN work, but it needs to be subtle. Any Zed having over a 30% damage resistance to something better have a really good reason for it, and I feel trash Zeds should NEVER have a resistance higher than this to anything. They're trash Zeds, they're designed to be mowed down easily.

Most resistances should be at 0.8x. It's enough that you'll likely feel the difference, but not so brutal that certain Zeds are practically unkillable by your perk weapons. Needing 20+ headshots to decap a single Gorefast should never happen.

Upvote 0
I like the resistance system as a concept, but right now I feel that the numbers are a bit too high, with some zeds feeling just way too damn powerful.

Here's something that I think should be a bit closer:

Clots:

Slashing - 1.0x
Blunt - 1.0x
Piercing - 1.0x
Small Caliber - 1.0x
Medium Caliber - 1.0x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 1.2x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.2x
Microwave - 1.0x
Toxic - 1.0x
Cryo - 1.0x
Electric - 1.0x

Crawler:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 0.8x
Piercing - 1.0x
Small Caliber - 1.0x
Medium Caliber - 1.0x
Heavy Caliber - 0.8x
Buckshot - 0.8x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.2x
Microwave - 1.0x
Toxic - 0.6x
Cryo - 1.2x
Electric - 0.8x

Stalker:

Slashing - 1.0x
Blunt - 1.0x
Piercing - 0.8x
Small Caliber - 1.0x
Medium Caliber - 1.2x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.8x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.2x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 1.0x
Cryo - 1.0x
Electric - 1.2x

Gorefast:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 1.2x
Piercing - 0.8x
Small Caliber - 0.8x
Medium Caliber - 1.0x
Heavy Caliber - 1.2x
Buckshot - 1.2x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 0.6x
Microwave - 1.0x
Toxic - 1.2x
Cryo - 0.6x
Electric - 0.6x

Bloat:

Slashing - 1.0x
Blunt - 0.6x
Piercing - 1.2x
Small Caliber - 0.6x
Medium Caliber - 0.8x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.6x
Explosive - 0.8x
Fire - 1.2x
Microwave - 0.6x
Toxic - 0.4x
Cryo - 0.8x
Electric - 0.6x

Husk:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 0.8x
Piercing - 0.6x
Small Caliber - 0.8x
Medium Caliber - 1.0x
Heavy Caliber - 1.2x
Buckshot - 1.0x
Explosive - 1.2x
Fire - 0.2x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.6x
Cryo - 1.2x
Electric - 1.2x

Siren:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 1.0x
Piercing - 1.2x
Small Caliber - 0.8x
Medium Caliber - 0.8x
Heavy Caliber - 0.8x
Buckshot - 1.0x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.0x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 1.0x
Cryo - 1.0x
Electric - 1.2x

Scrake:

Slashing - 0.8
Blunt - 1.0x
Piercing - 1.2x
Small Caliber - 0.6x
Medium Caliber - 0.8x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.6x
Explosive - 0.8x
Fire - 0.8x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.8x
Cryo - 1.0x
Electric - 1.2x

Fleshpound:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 0.6x
Piercing - 0.6x
Small Caliber - 0.4x
Medium Caliber - 0.6x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.8x
Explosive - 1.2x
Fire - 0.6x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.6x
Cryo - 0.6x
Electric - 1.2x

Hans Volter:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 0.8x
Piercing - 1.0x
Small Caliber - 0.6x
Medium Caliber - 0.8x
Heavy Caliber - 0.8x
Buckshot - 0.8x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.0x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.2x
Cryo - 0.6x
Electric - 1.2x

The Patriarch:

Slashing - 0.5x
Blunt - 0.5x
Piercing - 0.5x
Small Caliber - 0.5x
Medium Caliber - 0.5x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.5x
Explosive - 1.2x
Fire - 1.0x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.5x
Cryo - 0.5x
Electric - 0.5x

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think these resistances are in a way TWI's response to threads like
Homogenization of perks and lack of hard counters. Of course it needs fine tuning, which is why we have this preview. But basically don't expect every class to kill everything with easy anymore. Previously it was only firebugs that had issues killing husks. Now some resistances are a bit tight indeed.

It appears though that zeds are overall more vulnerable to Microwave gun than any other weapons..

Upvote 0
Well they have done something right with Husk, as an FB with only 9mm backup he is hard to fight and more satisfying to kill if you get him right.

I personally think the husk fire immunity should stay as nobody was burning them anyway and the lack of flame effect makes sprying their face amusing.

Husk is an extreme case though, that's a fire thing. He's a fire guy so he's immune to fire, it's a generally good video game rule of thumb. Don't feel comfortable with it being able to semi-effectively burn me back though if he's fully immune.

I'd agree this is their response, and with tweaking it can be a very rewarding system for mid-to-big zeds, but clots/crawlers/stalkers/gorefasts need to be easily counterable by everyone, with people like sharpie demo and gs maybe taking a little more time to do it. NOT because of damage resistance though, but because a level action rifle cannot by nature kill as many things as a flamethrower could in 1 magazine comparison. It should be a natural system in terms of things like that, with damage resistance coming into play with the specialized zeds.

Upvote 0
I like the resistance system as a concept, but right now I feel that the numbers are a bit too high, with some zeds feeling just way too damn powerful.

Here's something that I think should be a bit closer:

Clots:

Slashing - 1.0x
Blunt - 1.0x
Piercing - 1.0x
Small Caliber - 1.0x
Medium Caliber - 1.0x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 1.2x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.2x
Microwave - 1.0x
Toxic - 1.0x
Cryo - 1.0x
Electric - 1.0x

Crawler:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 0.8x
Piercing - 1.0x
Small Caliber - 1.0x
Medium Caliber - 1.0x
Heavy Caliber - 0.8x
Buckshot - 0.8x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.2x
Microwave - 1.0x
Toxic - 0.6x
Cryo - 1.2x
Electric - 0.8x

Stalker:

Slashing - 1.0x
Blunt - 1.0x
Piercing - 0.8x
Small Caliber - 1.0x
Medium Caliber - 1.2x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.8x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.2x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 1.0x
Cryo - 1.0x
Electric - 1.2x

Gorefast:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 1.2x
Piercing - 0.8x
Small Caliber - 0.8x
Medium Caliber - 1.0x
Heavy Caliber - 1.2x
Buckshot - 1.2x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 0.6x
Microwave - 1.0x
Toxic - 1.2x
Cryo - 0.6x
Electric - 0.6x

Bloat:

Slashing - 1.0x
Blunt - 0.6x
Piercing - 1.2x
Small Caliber - 0.6x
Medium Caliber - 0.8x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.6x
Explosive - 0.8x
Fire - 1.2x
Microwave - 0.6x
Toxic - 0.4x
Cryo - 0.8x
Electric - 0.6x

Husk:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 0.8x
Piercing - 0.6x
Small Caliber - 0.8x
Medium Caliber - 1.0x
Heavy Caliber - 1.2x
Buckshot - 1.0x
Explosive - 1.2x
Fire - 0.2x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.6x
Cryo - 1.2x
Electric - 1.2x

Siren:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 1.0x
Piercing - 1.2x
Small Caliber - 0.8x
Medium Caliber - 0.8x
Heavy Caliber - 0.8x
Buckshot - 1.0x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.0x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 1.0x
Cryo - 1.0x
Electric - 1.2x

Scrake:

Slashing - 0.8
Blunt - 1.0x
Piercing - 1.2x
Small Caliber - 0.6x
Medium Caliber - 0.8x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.6x
Explosive - 0.8x
Fire - 0.8x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.8x
Cryo - 1.0x
Electric - 1.2x

Fleshpound:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 0.6x
Piercing - 0.6x
Small Caliber - 0.4x
Medium Caliber - 0.6x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.8x
Explosive - 1.2x
Fire - 0.6x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.6x
Cryo - 0.6x
Electric - 1.2x

Hans Volter:

Slashing - 0.8x
Blunt - 0.8x
Piercing - 1.0x
Small Caliber - 0.6x
Medium Caliber - 0.8x
Heavy Caliber - 0.8x
Buckshot - 0.8x
Explosive - 1.0x
Fire - 1.0x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.2x
Cryo - 0.6x
Electric - 1.2x

The Patriarch:

Slashing - 0.5x
Blunt - 0.5x
Piercing - 0.5x
Small Caliber - 0.5x
Medium Caliber - 0.5x
Heavy Caliber - 1.0x
Buckshot - 0.5x
Explosive - 1.2x
Fire - 1.0x
Microwave - 1.2x
Toxic - 0.5x
Cryo - 0.5x
Electric - 0.5x

A little heavy on the microwave damage arent you?

Upvote 0
Agreed on the MW, but, that list is generally closer to what I expected when I first read about the system. Granted, numbers like that will make no difference on Normal Solo with a half-leveled perk, and probably little difference on 6 man normal. But starting at hard and increasing from there, I think players would start to feel the effects.

Upvote 0
I usually keep a cool head and try to enjoy everything but this resistance system is completely broken. m9 is complete trash on everyone besides GS and its supposed to be a backup pistol. Stalkers are way too resistant and gorefasts take like 3 or 4 shots to the head from an m9 to kill. If anything, m9 resistances need to go across the board.

Upvote 0
I get that husks are resistant to fire but everything else seems like nonsense to me. It's like TWI has a dart board with Zed names on it and each dart is a weapon and that is how we got the numbers we're seeing.

Bullets are bullets, zed are mostly flesh, they shouldn't have random resistance to one bullet but not to another. IMHO it's just plain stupid.

Upvote 0
I get that husks are resistant to fire but everything else seems like nonsense to me. It's like TWI has a dart board with Zed names on it and each dart is a weapon and that is how we got the numbers we're seeing.

Bullets are bullets, zed are mostly flesh, they shouldn't have random resistance to one bullet but not to another. IMHO it's just plain stupid.

Well, Zeds are also a lot of ****ing muscle. And in some cases, metal. Small calibers probably won't do well with larger Zeds due to how much thick mass there is between the entry point and their vital organs. Likewise, a high caliber wouldn't do as much to a squishy Zed due to overpenetration. Buckshot wouldn't be as efficient against larger Zeds due to less penetration from pellets, but the stopping power would still give them something to think about.

Upvote 0
why do people bother about husk? hes the weakest zed for his tier. he misses every shot when you move, flamer damage does 60% less damage now.
about his head hp, whenever he wants to shoot, you can see his tank and easily destroy it.
btw sonetimes husks sonetimes aim and make the shooting animation but there doesnt come out a fire ball. and sonetines when youre far away and get hit by his fire ball you dont get any damage.
all in all hes weak and buggy af

Upvote 0
While I'm not per se opposed to the concept, this thread pretty much summarizes my experience and verdict about the resistances.

Trash zeds should get a 0.8, 0.9 multiplier at the very least. Crawlers taking 30% dmg (from 100) by shotguns is just dull, it makes you feel like you're shooting peas and handfuls of tissue paper at them.

Make the resistance spread bigger as you move up in Tiers, Bloats, Husks, Sirens, Scrakes, Fleshpounds.

But even Crawlers and Stalkers shouldn't take 2 shotgun shells to the face before they die.

In short (for me): Good idea, terrible implementation. Needs a serious rework. Or to be dropped for the lower tier enemies.

Upvote 0