• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My RO2 wishlist, what is yours?

My top wishlist items are in yellow...

More noticeable wound penalties:

At least temporary effects that produce increased sway or slower movement. Honestly, I doubt players will be committing suicide left and right when they get hit if penalties are applied.

Big suggestion: Getting hit by a bullet should throw off your aim and deal full suppression. :IS2: Significant. I don't care how harsh that sounds, but getting hit should make you curl up in terror, not wince and continue to line up that long-range shot.

Gameplay:
I'm converted. More base sway wouldn't go amiss, and wouldn't hurt at all for the MP40 and Mkb.

Bolt action rifles:
Agreed--they should be more common. I do, however, think that this could be achieved by two things: allowing engineers and squad leaders to have a bolt-action option, and giving semi-autos only to Battle Hardened Squad leaders and commanders in addition to the Elite Rifleman (2 slots).

Engineers
Should have the option to equip EITHER satchels or AT grenades, with the ability to pick up the other at supply points--I always drop the one that seems least necessary in spawn.

AT class
resupplying should really be less complicated. Also, the HHL should be what it was supposed to be--a magnetic mine. If that's unbalanced, then perhaps the Gebalte Ladung would be the better option!

Machine Guns
Agree on recoil when deployed. As for hipshooting, I feel that the machine gunner should have to press the iron sights key to hipfire and jog at the current hipfiring pace, jogging at a slightly faster speed otherwise. Machine guns should also have much, much more inertia, with the gun "lagging" behind the player when he/she turns around. Hipshooting with an MG should be more difficult at any rate.

Many deployment spots are also cumbersome, and in addition the machine gunner exhausts their stamina very, very quickly... I shouldn't have to drop my grenades to survive, I don't think... :/

Realistic Class/Weaponloadout server option
Yes please.

And a curtailing of the Mkb's availability would be much appreciated.

Ability to disable the default zoom in Ironsight
The option would be nice, but choosing it would be choosing to take a handicap. Even better, I think that the iron sights zoom could be reduced to create a nice balance between realistic engagement ranges and less snipe-happy gameplay.

Performance
As always aiming to increase the performance.

Adding/Fixing
- Still can't melee prone enemies..........
- Tank Hull MG still the Davy Crockett of Stalingrad...
--Mosin Nagant and SVT40 should lose unfired rounds when reloaded with a partially full magazine.

Competitive play: tweaking of graphics settings to gain an advantage should be minimized if possible.

Weapon unlocks
- Make weapon unlocks selectable
- MP40/II should be a seperate weapon, limited to the Assault Class, unlockable at the Hero level.

In the future:
--barrel change and overheating for the MG34 stationary emplacements
--ability to throw back primed grenades

Finally:
Bayonet team-killing a commander using the radio should be an insta-ban. Had it happen to me the other day, and it was infuriating. Hope this form of griefing dies a bloody, slow, and painful death. :mad::p

I love RO2, I think it has great potential, and while I see room for improvement, I'm sticking around! And I'm optimistic about what changes/additions the future holds... :IS2:

Reactions: Tummel
Upvote 0
2 quick ones:
-Give the AVT to Russian MG class was it made to be a very light machine gun rather than a assault rifle, no one is really gonna pick it over the PPSH...

- Other than bolts and semis the other weapons should make a "rattling" sound as the solider moves around, no so bad with the PPSH with straight mags and the normal MP40s but a major issue for the drum/deul versions making so good when lurking behind the lines...

Upvote 0
The current skill updates are not there to represent the gun changing (beside getting a newer weapon that is more shiny and less rusty). But mostly the shooter becoming more able to handle his weapon.

At the moment you just get stat boosts if you level more, and for gameplay reasons I dont like that. New players are already weaker than older players, and then on top of that new players will get low level inferior weaponry as well. I'd rather see that top players in a sense can customize their skill with the weapon to fit their personal playing style.

The leveling and update system is here to stay, so I just hope it will be changed in such a way that every gain got a disadvantage, and that the user can select things such that they pick what works for them to obtain variety among the player base. I don't want to see the mp40 completely disappear and get replaced by the mp40-II in half a year.

As it stands now once every player has reached level 25 with the mp40, that weapon will simply seize to exist and becomes replaced with the mp40-II. I'd much rather see the the mp40 remaining an option where the old mp40 shoots more stable, while the mp40-II got more ammo.

And with rifleman I'd rather see some people change their rifleman class more to be more sniper like or for instance more focused medium combat.

And with say the mg34 make it that with the drums you can still hipshoot, but with the belt can only fire when deployed. The latter gives a big disadvantage in mobility of your mg34 but in return you can obtain longer sustained fire.

Unlike how you now get +20% bolting speed, rather make it the option to get +20% bolting speed at the cost of additional sway.

So don't get me wrong, Im not a fan of ranking up and all that jazz, but since its never going to leave I think that there are better ways to do the upgrading than is currently the case.

I was thinking about the leveling percentage stuff earlier and way to make it better. What I've quoted here makes more sense than a "rapid fire" "perk". Maybe the MP-40/II can have the mags jam or just fall out like they did in field testing....

Upvote 0
2 quick ones:
-Give the AVT to Russian MG class was it made to be a very light machine gun rather than a assault rifle, no one is really gonna pick it over the PPSH...
I pick it over the PPSh very often, unless the fighting has degenerated into a free-for-all inside a building. The AVT/SVT are great all-round weapons, allowing me to place accurate fire at long range and rapid fire at close range. There are many situations where I get the drop on a bunch of Germans (climbing through a basement window, say) and the low capacity of the AVT/SVT lets me down, and those are usually the times I pull out the PPSh.

Upvote 0
I pick it over the PPSh very often, unless the fighting has degenerated into a free-for-all inside a building. The AVT/SVT are great all-round weapons, allowing me to place accurate fire at long range and rapid fire at close range. There are many situations where I get the drop on a bunch of Germans (climbing through a basement window, say) and the low capacity of the AVT/SVT lets me down, and those are usually the times I pull out the PPSh.
Hm maybe but let me put it like this, other than getting the MG34 can you think of one advantage that the Russian MG class has over the German one? They get zero upgrades for the DP28 and having a choice of weapons would help...

Upvote 0
I agree with a lot of the above, especially no lock down.

I would also like there to be a better cover system or none at all, I often find I am safer not using it.

I am fine with the maps being as they are, in RO1 certain maps were biased towards one side or the other.

In saying that, when i heard of the game coming out I loved the word "Stalingrad", I would prefer more house to house fighting, in urban areas. A bit like the streets were in DH in the Berlin map. Just to make the fighting a bit more bitter.

I would like the squad system to be thought over some more and made more vital. Making working without your squad a lot more difficult.

Upvote 0
  • Selectable unlocks
  • Soviet Naval Infantry
  • Volga-crossing maps
  • Leningrad map remix, or any map with similar gameplay.
  • More fire and flames, more dirt and dust, smoke and fog. Stalingrad looks like Paris atm.
  • Decent soldiers faces, not the 80 years old Germans and Zach Galifianakis Russians.
  • DT machine gun
  • Bayonets and shovels as melee weapons.
  • Slings
  • "Warning! Protected area!" revamp
  • Ammo sharing
  • SL provide points for arty coords
  • Team points for Suppressing
  • Wider options for controls setup, i.e. CTRL separate

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will add my own:

- New maps with more varied battle styles (preserving the amazing realism).
- More tanks/vehicles (new ones and more per battle, so for that, new maps prepared for it).
- Fixed weapons elements like anti-tanks. Maybe need more than one player for use.
- Mortars teams.
- Destructible elements. Real ones, something like Red Faction of BF, but more real according building resistance to explosions. Not scripted and unreal ones.
- Native voices options with 'subtitles' (maybe like a normal "chat" message, avatars says important info).
- Possibility for detach weapon addons or any way for select it (I meant, a button for detach bayonet, g43 scope, etc or option for select in the weapon list with or without).
- Atmospherical changes, sometimes rain or more near to night etc in the maps, started randomly.
- More ingame team colaboration incentives. More covering fire or FT works points or anything for try to get better team-fireteam work.
- Stop the fast up of experience points for the reset users.
- Better / best styled UIs/menus (ffs font text is UGLY) and more historical background info (like RO1).
- Web stats.
- Maybe anything like "separate" medal for heroical actions in a game, something like "achievements" but for concrete actions, mixed up the web stats.
- More visual diference on high class ranks. There is the cammo for the snipers or not?
- Maybe more sway? I'm not sure... I think that if people works together with covering fire more usual, is not needed.
- Bandaging, weapon reate and unlock detaching animations.
- RO1 command system.
- 3D voice "real" chat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ENGINE:
1.) Update to the UE3 DX11 engine version!! (reduce draw calls)
2.) Try to use hardware accelerated sound and not software like now. (dont know if it is possible)

GAME:
1.) Clean up the HUD! (bring back mod HUD pls)
2.) delete bandaging
3.) delete leveling up & unlocks and other "I want to be a lvl80 wizard" crap.
4.) fix the nades (go on the range and throw some and see what boom they do)
6.) slow down the soldiers. they were hungry, ill, wounded, carring a lot of backpack and not relatives with ben johnson.
GAME TL;DR: more realism less CoD pls.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ENGINE:
1.) Update to the UE3 DX11 engine version!! (reduce draw calls)
2.) Try to use hardware accelerated sound and not software like now. (dont know if it is possible)

GAME:
1.) Clean up the HUD! (bring back mod HUD pls)
2.) delete bandaging
3.) delete leveling up & unlocks and other "I want to be a lvl80 wizard" crap.
4.) fix the nades (go on the range and throw some and see what boom they do)
6.) slow down the soldiers. they were hungry, ill, wounded, carring a lot of backpack and not relatives with ben johnson.
GAME TL;DR: more realism less CoD pls.

I hope TWI will start listening to their old fans sometime. I don't see any clan servers from the mod or Ostfront except TWB

To me though this is like trying to ask Lady Gaga to release a metal version of her songs. Even if they do fix stuff it probably won't feel right to me now. Might be a crappy attitude but I don't have much expectations from RO2 unless some modders can release a good version

Upvote 0
I agree with most of the points called here.

My points are:

- realism (more realistic recoil, sprinting, aiming, etc.)
- historical correctness (no Mkb, or Weapons which were not in Stalingrad on Stalingrad maps)
- more maps (not only Stalingrad, but still eastern front)
- more vehicles (tanks, recon cars, etc.)
- stationary weapons (anti-tank guns like the 8.8 or PAKs)

I also would like to see air support to be playable, together with anti-air weapons, but I guess that is too much to ask for.

Upvote 0
Bolt action rifles
I'd like to see a higher ratio of bolt action rifles, but not necessarily only by forcing it. I think it would be nice if the bolt action rifle could have one feature other weapons do not have, in the old versions of RO this used to be accuracy but all guns have high accuracy now.

This.
Didn't play RO2 for a month now.
Won't touch it anymore until it's fixed.

Upvote 0
-Much more difficult weapon handling
-Much greater artificial limitations imposed on the avatar to reduce the Michael Jordan with maxed out stats effect
-Zoom reduced to Darkest Hour levels
-No recon planes
-Attach/detach bayonets
-Lower stamina/speed
-No respawn on SL
-Class restrictions until 75% of the players are using exclusively bolt actions
-Way less ammo for everyone so you have to conserve
-No heroes
-No AI in the tank, except the guy who loads the shells
-Increase weapon sway
-No lockdown
-No bandaging
-No tactical view
-No magic info feed
-No shooting while dying
-Native languages
-A more robust voice command system. Including Achtung Shambeh Bambeh
-No stats
-No RPG level ups - Skill should prevail in every PvP FPS
-Spawn on far opposing sides of the objectives to allow for flanking and to encourage alternative tactics
-Reduce capabilities of MG as a cqc weapon/make hip shooting harder in general

Thank you for your time :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mines quite simple more realistic weapon loadouts with more bolts by limiting the mkb,avt to a couple per side.Not that I have a problem with the weapon itself its the historical accuracy that bugs me.When every assault class is packing a mkb and I cant even find one historical reference that the mkb-42 was even at Stalingrad.

There was a reason why the Stalingrad map in ro1 "StalingradKessel" had no mkb's/stg's because at the time they was shooting for historical accuracy.I just hate seeing them change their mind about this.Weapon loadout realism has been thrown out the window in RO2 in order to please the masses.With the mkb and avt and mp40/II being very common and, by far the most rare weapon in ro2 is the bolt.

The rest of my gripes I feel will get fixed in time by either offical tweaks or modded servers.

Upvote 0
attachmentkjt.jpg

Upvote 0