• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Mutator Projects

-=THOR=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
Here's some mutators I'd like to create:

-TeamShuffle
When teams are very unfair (e.g.: clan stacking), admins or a vote could trigger a shuffle of the teams.

-ImprovedChat
Add color to the text chat, and control the duration of messages being displayed.

-AFK2Spec
AFK people would be moved to spectate instead of being kicked (unless the server is full).

-PlayerNameOverride
Would allow admins to change the player name of people (based on GUID) if it's containing things that are not allowed on their server (racism, etc).

-MuteTextChat
Some people are constantly spamming/whining in the game chat. Like voice chat mute, I want to be able to mute the chat for people getting off bounds.

For now these projects are on the ice until I get feedback from TWI concerning the TimeScaler mutator, but eventually I'd like to work on them. Anyone interested to help me with one of these?

Last edited:

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
I can give you a helping hand, though I won't have much time to spare. I actually once startd to make an improved chat mutator to add colors and to allow using ESC to cancel a chat message, but that time I got stuck on not being able to replace the Console object.

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
- Spawn Point remembering mutator.

It remembers the last spawn you selected and has it as default.

- Weapon sort order mutator

Sorts out the weapons so the native weapons are first in the list and the unlocks are the last in the list. I am sick of defaulting with the enemies weapon when I am changing class in a rush.

just ideas and Im not sure if they can even be mutators (should be game features !).

-=THOR=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
I got stuck on not being able to replace the Console object.
We should create only one EnhancedConsole mutator. Otherwise, small mutators will not be compatible together (they will all try to replace the console, but only one can do it...).

Last edited:

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
We should create only one EnhancedConsole mutator. Otherwise, small mutators will not be compatible together (they will all try to replace the console, but only one can do it...).
I don't believe I was talking about separate mutators. I only said that I had started once with one, but stopped because I failed to replace the stock console object. ;)

I agree that too many small mutator won't only work against us. Also would it be nice if there would be a list of predefined mutator groups. Maybe a list of mutator groups against the object that they may replace. That way it will be a lot easier to determine which mutators will love each other and which will hate each other.