• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mutator Projects

-=THOR=-

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2011
Here's some mutators I'd like to create:

-TeamShuffle
When teams are very unfair (e.g.: clan stacking), admins or a vote could trigger a shuffle of the teams.

-ImprovedChat
Add color to the text chat, and control the duration of messages being displayed.

-AFK2Spec
AFK people would be moved to spectate instead of being kicked (unless the server is full).

-PlayerNameOverride
Would allow admins to change the player name of people (based on GUID) if it's containing things that are not allowed on their server (racism, etc).

-MuteTextChat
Some people are constantly spamming/whining in the game chat. Like voice chat mute, I want to be able to mute the chat for people getting off bounds.

For now these projects are on the ice until I get feedback from TWI concerning the TimeScaler mutator, but eventually I'd like to work on them. Anyone interested to help me with one of these?

Last edited:
- Spawn Point remembering mutator.

It remembers the last spawn you selected and has it as default.

- Weapon sort order mutator

Sorts out the weapons so the native weapons are first in the list and the unlocks are the last in the list. I am sick of defaulting with the enemies weapon when I am changing class in a rush.

just ideas and Im not sure if they can even be mutators (should be game features !).

Upvote 0
We should create only one EnhancedConsole mutator. Otherwise, small mutators will not be compatible together (they will all try to replace the console, but only one can do it...).

I don't believe I was talking about separate mutators. I only said that I had started once with one, but stopped because I failed to replace the stock console object. ;)

I agree that too many small mutator won't only work against us. Also would it be nice if there would be a list of predefined mutator groups. Maybe a list of mutator groups against the object that they may replace. That way it will be a lot easier to determine which mutators will love each other and which will hate each other.

Upvote 0