• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] KF Bots

In the next update, can you make them compatible with all the vanilla guns? I find that they can't use the zed guns, hsg shotgun, or even the fn fal, and that's only some of the guns. Basically, they can't use about a third of the guns, not counting the grenade launchers or bombs/mines(since i think those were left out on purpose due to obvious team killing capabilities.)

Upvote 0
I am loving the mutator but I am having trouble getting it to work online when I type in the code it just says "Unrecognized Command".

I am hosting on a listen server and using hamachi to connect to my friends (don't know if that info is helpfull or not)

Make sure you add it to the mutator list when starting up the listen server.

Upvote 0
How?

How?

Sorry if it's obvious, but how can I do that? Is there a mod that edits starting weapons so that I can remove the knife and pistols from the inventory?

Edit: NVM. I replaced it with a custom knife

I really want these bots to use custom weps on my modded server. How do you go about replacing the default knife? and what may I ask did you use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Thank you!
Great fun to play with these guys again.

One question; do they run to their set hold position on respawn rather than going to trader?

Also, cool idea if you happened to be have interest:
It would be awesome if they had 50/50 chance to be n00b or half-decent, the difference being...

Half-decent only fire upon sc or fp if they have an appropriate weapon or if it is already raged, otherwise they do the voice command call-out for the zed and run away for about 15 seconds before engaging if it's still after them.

N00b act as they do now and fire on sight with any old weapon and don't call-out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really want these bots to use custom weps on my modded server. How do you go about replacing the default knife? and what may I ask did you use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I used a butterfly knife to replace the default knife. Also, I replaced the pistol with a plasma pistol. Just any mutator will do. However, if you're using scrnbalance, you won't be affected by the plasma pistol mutator and you'll still get the regular pistol as of the current build. Could be good or bad...depending on what you want.

Upvote 0
This is certainly an interesting mutator Marco, thanks for making it.

I installed it on my server running ScrnBalance and the Doom3 zeds and it was interesting to see what the bots would do. They mostly ran around with the 9mm and only shot at the basic zeds. They also didn't go to the trader.

I hope you continue to update this when you have the time..it is certainly entertaining.

Upvote 0
This is certainly an interesting mutator Marco, thanks for making it.

I installed it on my server running ScrnBalance and the Doom3 zeds and it was interesting to see what the bots would do. They mostly ran around with the 9mm and only shot at the basic zeds. They also didn't go to the trader.

I hope you continue to update this when you have the time..it is certainly entertaining.

The doom creatures and regulars are different entities. They're simply not programmed to shoot said creatures. As for the guns, he posted a new update that fixed the weapons issue.

Upvote 0
I used a butterfly knife to replace the default knife. Also, I replaced the pistol with a plasma pistol. Just any mutator will do. However, if you're using scrnbalance, you won't be affected by the plasma pistol mutator and you'll still get the regular pistol as of the current build. Could be good or bad...depending on what you want.

I tried to do this method and nothing seemed to change. I'm using SCRN and Serverperks with a number a custom weapons, but the bots always use the default ones. I'm assuming they must pull the weapons from a list rather than what's available at the shop at a given moment. In fact, the list must be pretty small because the bot weapon selection is very predictable. Seeing a bot commando actually use a Scar or a Fal, let alone custom weapons, would be a nice change of pace.

Upvote 0