• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mutator Idea: Onscreen perk progress bar

pixel

Grizzled Veteran
May 13, 2009
Russia
The idea is pretty simple:
Let player see info about his current perk progress in realtime.

attachment.php

Attachments

• perk_progress.png
    perk_progress.png
    72 KB · Views: 0
As this is not a game that focuses heavily on leveling up a lot it would just clutter the hud more. And the crawl of the xp bar is bad enough when you check it every five minutes much less watch it constantly.

If, god forbid, it was implemented then I would prefer that it be a very small bar attached to a box that's already part of the hud. Or optional.

Upvote 0
A feature like this would HAVE to be dynamic. Namely, it should pop up ONLY when periodic milestones between levels are achieved (i.e. 25% intervals)

If it was up there the whole time, it would get really stale really fast. But if you pull it off using the "less is more" approach, anyone will actually be happy to see a prompt highlighting their progress.

Games like Gears of War 3 I feel pulled off player progression well.

Upvote 0
A feature like this would HAVE to be dynamic. Namely, it should pop up ONLY when periodic milestones between levels are achieved (i.e. 25% intervals)

If it was up there the whole time, it would get really stale really fast. But if you pull it off using the "less is more" approach, anyone will actually be happy to see a prompt highlighting their progress.

Games like Gears of War 3 I feel pulled off player progression well.
This would be an option. GoW3 did make it work well as it only popped up once it hit a specific condition. Personally, either works well.

Upvote 0