• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

can someone please help me out here?
I installed the mut, but no go in my server?
do I add anything to server packages line in KF.ini?
thanks for your help

Marco said:
How to use this mutator (eighter way):

• In mutators list, add "Server Veterancy Handler V5" to active mutators.
  • Add to server startup commandline "?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut"

That should be all you need.

Upvote 0
thanks for the response, but there are no mutators section in the kf.ini?

I wish these Mut creators would stop being so vague and be more specific in talling what to and where to put the Muts in? instead of presuming that all are going to know what they are saying.

so where exactly does this go? Veterancy Handler V5 --and is that exactly how it should be pasted? with spaces inbetween and all?

Upvote 0
thanks for the response, but there are no mutators section in the kf.ini?

I wish these Mut creators would stop being so vague and be more specific in talling what to and where to put the Muts in? instead of presuming that all are going to know what they are saying.

so where exactly does this go? Veterancy Handler V5 --and is that exactly how it should be pasted? with spaces inbetween and all?

Hi right copy the files to your main kf folder , U and UCl , INT & INI files to the system folder

textures to textures etc..

When you start your server you use a specific line like KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6

At the end of this line add ?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut so that would be like this :

KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=ServerPerksMut.ServerPerksMut

that will start serverperks.

Another method is to copy to your kf folder , login to your webadmin and goto the mutators section. Click on server veterancy handler then click ok and change the map.

use the serverperks.ini in the system folder to add perks, guns etc.. from mods.

Its best to use the first method though

also it may show up as V6 now and not V5

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have to install this to get the Aliens Mod to work i read in the Read-me.

I downloaded it but it does not tell me how to install it? how do i install this mod?

So i just put all the files in the "System" folder inside the Killing Floor directory?

Is that right?

The other thing while i am in this thread, the Aliens mod dosnt eplain how to install it.

It just tells me to place the files in the appropriate folders under the Killing floor directory.... but how am i supposed to know where they go?

Any one help me on this?

Upvote 0
I have to install this to get the Aliens Mod to work i read in the Read-me.

I downloaded it but it does not tell me how to install it? how do i install this mod?

So i just put all the files in the "System" folder inside the Killing Floor directory?

Is that right?

The other thing while i am in this thread, the Aliens mod dosnt eplain how to install it.

It just tells me to place the files in the appropriate folders under the Killing floor directory.... but how am i supposed to know where they go?

Any one help me on this?

All the files for ServerPerks go in the System folder, yes.

The AKF mod does explain how to install it if you read the instructions:

Spoiler!

Basically, you copy the files from the archive you downloaded to their corresponding Killing Floor folders, and then activate the mutators listed the way you would any other.

If you're ever confused as to where a file goes, you can usually tell based on it's file extension. For instance, .u files always go in the System folder, whereas .utx (textures) go in the Textures folder, etc.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Hi,
one question: Could I host a server perk server based on PHP? Because I have a community Site running on a webserver, but I have no root access to it and can't run any files on it except php and a database.
I only wanna show the results of the gaming on the user profiles. At the moment i have to upload the file manually, what sucks.

I'm not sure what is send and retrived from the perk server to the game server? Is it a simple "Here, I'm server I want the Perk stats.ini" "Oh, here is it in plain text"? Or is there a different setup giving the server the perks ini file?

I don't wanna edit the stats or something like this, I only wanna track them and show them up. The KF server is hosted by 4players, and the stats.ini file there isn't updating if someone is playing, I think it is some file access stuff.
Would be great if someone could help me figuring this out. Thank you guys.

Upvote 0
mmm I think I m getting what you want to do, you can host the serverperks.ini on a remote database, I suppose you could do a script that can also login and get the stats from it but you would need to code a way for the website to not just post the ini but more display the stats.

That's one possible way of doing it

or I think there is something going around on this here forums that can display stats from php and display on a website

Upvote 0
Stats displaying via php was done in 10 minutes, with calculating all stuff needed and configurated on the server.
The problem is the dedicated server should access a php based remote database. I'm not sure what the server is really sending and retriving from the remote database on top of this thread.

Upvote 0
Hi, first time poster.

I installed server perks and it's working fine in single player, apart from not having the weapons from the DLCs I bought. I manually added the only one I use, the Single Piston Long Musket, but it's not gaining any of the bonuses from my Sharpshooter perk.

I've already messed with the configs so the perk stats are the same as my vanilla ones, (I'm a Level 6 Sharpshooter, 8 if I raise the ServerPerks max levels), but the price, rate of fire, damage, headshot damage, and reload times are the same as if I were level 0.

Anyone know a fix?

Upvote 0
Hi, first time poster.

I installed server perks and it's working fine in single player, apart from not having the weapons from the DLCs I bought. I manually added the only one I use, the Single Piston Long Musket, but it's not gaining any of the bonuses from my Sharpshooter perk.

I've already messed with the configs so the perk stats are the same as my vanilla ones, (I'm a Level 6 Sharpshooter, 8 if I raise the ServerPerks max levels), but the price, rate of fire, damage, headshot damage, and reload times are the same as if I were level 0.

Anyone know a fix?

The reason you're not getting a bonus is because the mutator uses custom perks (based on an old version of the KF perks); the perks were written before the last couple of DLCs, and the bonuses are hard-coded.

You have a couple of options here:

1. You can add the bonuses yourself by learning a little UnrealScript and extending the perk classes in the ServerPerksP package to include them. There's a few tutorials around the forums (here) that explain how to do this.
  2. Use a mutator like ScrnBalance that allows you to apply bonuses to the weapons without writing any UnrealScript.

Upvote 0
Anyone know a fix?
You can use this fix, which is just a copy of the vanilla perks that I made shortly after the summer event. I also added the new weapons and rearranged the trader menu by perk if you want do the same:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0