• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mods to Retail?

Mods to Retail?

• Mosin Nagant M44 Bolt-Action with Bayonet

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Weapon Melee(LAW Hammer, pistol whip, ect)

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Hk MK23 Pistols

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Reskinned Husk Launcher

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
Lol, unlikely but cool for a mutator.

Can someone please tell me where to find this Husk launcher, have looked a lot of places and I can't seem to find it...

I like the m44 but it does need some work in terms of look and the Iron sight a bit, but otherwise cool idea. The medic gun (M7A3) is freaking sweet as is the pistol thing and should be ready as is I reckon. The Medic gun is bloody beautiful, congratualtions on a brilliant job to whoever made that! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol, unlikely but cool for a mutator.

Can someone please tell me where to find this Husk launcher, have looked a lot of places and I can't seem to find it...

I like the m44 but it does need some work in terms of look and the Iron sight a bit, but otherwise cool idea. The medic gun (M7A3) is freaking sweet as is the pistol thing and should be ready as is I reckon. The Medic gun is bloody beautiful, congratualtions on a brilliant job to whoever made that! :D

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48277[/URL]

This Mod here, popularized by the KFL server, features it. However, it lacks a proper skin/model, thereby making more work for TWI:(

Upvote 0
I think feel is more important than utility in terms of weapons. We have a set of weapons that define the classes, and further weapons should be variations of the themes already within the classes.

Thus, I support the M23, the M7A3 and the Moisin Nagant rifle, as they all come off as weapons that are in the same category as the weapons in game.

Firearms used for bashing: While it would be a nice thouch, the damage should be negligible, and only serve to make room for using an actual weapon (the bayonet). And the idea of using the law as a club is just plain silly, it is unwieldy and far to heavy.

But I am a very strong believer in More Dakka in all forms. It makes killing ZEDs a more varied affair.

Upvote 0
Don't think weapon bashing should be added, as it's basically reprieving players for reloading at bad times (or failing to watch their ammo count).

Husk launcher would be great though. Does a lot of damage in a small impact radius (say, between 0.5-1x flamenade damage?) but of course, raging FPs and Scrakes before they burn out.

It might have a spin-up time (alt-fire to spin-up but with reduced movement speed like the TF2 Heavy) as a downside and as a comparison to the Husk's spin-up.

Upvote 0
Don't think weapon bashing should be added, as it's basically reprieving players for reloading at bad times (or failing to watch their ammo count).

Husk launcher would be great though. Does a lot of damage in a small impact radius (say, between 0.5-1x flamenade damage?) but of course, raging FPs and Scrakes before they burn out.

It might have a spin-up time (alt-fire to spin-up but with reduced movement speed like the TF2 Heavy) as a downside and as a comparison to the Husk's spin-up.

I'm pretty sure that MAY be possible, but don't forget that we are debating the weapons with minimal TWI assisstance (that's the attraction to TWI to add it instead of just starting from scratch). But perhaps a modder could take the spin-up idea into reality.

Upvote 0

Just a question.

Have you actually used the Husk launcher mod?

Upvote 0
It would feel weird to have yet another sharpshooter rifle that serves, really, the same purpose as the lever action. Small differences here and there but I already see the M14 as an alternate to the LAR.

As for medics spamming heals with the MP7 and the rifle.. There's a little box, I think, on the side of the MP7 in first person with a medic cross on it. Pretty sure that's where the healing projectiles are shot/refilled, so maybe he'd just attach that to the rifle as he switched weapons?

Edit: It'd also be incompatible with all the other guns because they're not modified, if you wanted to give an explanation as to why his 9mm and other weapons don't have one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I voted for the Mosin, but ultimately I'm voting for a bolt action rifle to be added. I feel the SMLE would be the way to go to be honest. KF is a UK based game, and the SMLE exists in reasonable numbers around the country (more so imho than the Mosin-Nagant does).

All of this ^

Looking at what I've bolded, I've never, ever seen a mosin before. I even looking at some UK advertising site for gun dealers I saw there were no Mosin Nagants anywhere. There were one or two Nagant weapons, but not the Mosin we're talking about.

Upvote 0
It would feel weird to have yet another sharpshooter rifle that serves, really, the same purpose as the lever action. Small differences here and there but I already see the M14 as an alternate to the LAR.

How is it only slightly different? It is a pretty big gameplay change, in my opinion, and adds a seperate way to go for sharpshooters. It doesn't cause any balancing issues, is effective enough to use, and is enough of a variant to not be a LAR clone.

Anyways, the way you play with a LAR and with a Mosin are massively different. They serve very different purposes; the mosin is more for carefully aimed shots at decent-sized targets, and it's slow rate of fire and high damage makes it a sort of middle between a crossbow and a LAR. It is pretty much a balance to the fast-firing, low damage M14, giving an alternative.

Now, your argument would make sense if it was not already made; it would be a gamble to see if it would work in that case. But it's not. It already exists, just waiting a polish and implementation. Why not have a second, well-made, and unique alternative for less spammy players, especially if it is just waiting for TWI to pick it up?

All of this ^

Looking at what I've bolded, I've never, ever seen a mosin before. I even looking at some UK advertising site for gun dealers I saw there were no Mosin Nagants anywhere. There were one or two Nagant weapons, but not the Mosin we're talking about.

I would include the SMLE, but it has not been coded yet; the Nagant has. By putting the Nagant there, I am basically saying "A bolt action rifle". I mean, this is for already made guns, not for what should be made. So, while I like the SMLE idea here (just a British Nagant), the Nagant will be representing bolt-actions until the SMLE is made. Well, even when it is made, it would be rather titled if I included two bolt-actions with the same purpose. Get what I mean?

Upvote 0