• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mods to Retail?

Mods to Retail?

• Mosin Nagant M44 Bolt-Action with Bayonet

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Weapon Melee(LAW Hammer, pistol whip, ect)

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Hk MK23 Pistols

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Reskinned Husk Launcher

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
i voted other because i'd like to see the game take on some of the models from mare nostrum - if that could be agreed.
the lee enfield rifle in particular comes to mind.

The amount of times I've said that, and no-one seems to pick up on it. :p

Also, there's a bren gun. To whoever's getting models from MN, fish that out while you're at it. :)

Upvote 0
I'd like to see the husk weapon. The Firebug needs a gun that feels really powerful. Something to send weaker zeds flying through the air on fire and put a hurting on stronger ones.

Make it a viable main-weapon alternative to the Flamethrower. Right now, the Firebug is so married to the Flamethrower that it's a pretty boring class to play.

The pistols are nice too. Always room for more pistols.

Not a fan of a bolt-action rifle. It'd basically be a gun-version of the Crossbow. And for some reason, a WW2-era rifle with a Bayonette just doesn't fit in amongst Ak-47s, SCARs, and AA12s in my eyes.

Upvote 0
The melee with weapons thing to me seems like something that should be standard in every shooter. Everyone points to Halo, but Soldier Of Fortune 2 was the first game to have it, I believe. I am surprised it is not in every game, if I am out of shells, and a zombie is in my face, I am definitely going to bash its head in rather than trying to reload. Games without this just feel like a big chunk of it is missing.

Upvote 0
Only problem with the illumination update suggested is that it would change evry level, so maybe make a certain level where the Illumination update is active as a Beta test, and then we can implement it in if we like it, but changing the game that drastically would probably be a very large jump that might just end on our heads.

Yeah....a ton of people still don't even know how to buy armor even, much less some flares. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
- Do we want to buff the Sharpshooters arsenal by another 2 weapons?

Well, for this point, I honestly don't know about the Pistols, but the Mosin Rifle would not really be a buff in my opinion. I mean, it expands the perk, that is true, but since it's a relatively heavy gun, it's not like you can carry it along with your XBow.

Upvote 0
I voted for Other, since All Of The Above wasn't there.

I've used the Moist Nugget, Mk23, M7A3, Husk Launcher, and weapon melee.

They're all really good weapons/ideas and i really had fun with the Husk Launcher.

I went to L20 Firestarter with that baby, it's amazing fun. :D

Is the husk cannon a mutator I've missed or is it just on a specific server? Do tell please lol

Upvote 0
I voted for Other, since All Of The Above wasn't there.

I've used the Moist Nugget, Mk23, M7A3, Husk Launcher, and weapon melee.

They're all really good weapons/ideas and i really had fun with the Husk Launcher.

I went to L20 Firestarter with that baby, it's amazing fun. :D

It's a multi-choice poll, you know; you could have chosen all of them.

Upvote 0
I agree there should be melee implemented, but isnt that what the combat knife was for? the LAW and machete were taken down in weight so you can carry both (as much as i would love to watch bashing some poor clots face in with it).

But on the subject of a revolver, yes please. maybe this.
http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/arms/pistols/armpr/arm214.jpg

Upvote 0
Haven't voted or anything yet, but would rather ask about the Husk Launcher. Does it shoot a Fireball that deals AoE damage and ignites specimen in the blast so they also receive a DoT? If so... GIMME GIMME GIMME :D

EDIT: Regarding weapon melee, if that were to be implemented, it would either have to be slow (at least the cooldown between the attacks) or somewhat weak. I mean, we don't want to make the knife/machete more obsolete now do we?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, for this point, I honestly don't know about the Pistols, but the Mosin Rifle would not really be a buff in my opinion. I mean, it expands the perk, that is true, but since it's a relatively heavy gun, it's not like you can carry it along with your XBow.

I have to admit the Mk23's I kinda went "SICK" to while watching a trailer and the M7A3 Medic Rifle (with careful balancing) would be a real nice addition too. Kinda had a change in heart on em

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=681874#post681874

Linking since this thread is kinda doubling up with another :)

EDIT: Incidently I hate the idea of the Husk Cannon myself. The only real implementations of it either go totally against the whole DOT principle of the Firebug perk or it merely serves as a less versatile flamethrower. Its a shame, because the mod is really quite good, however I personally feel it would destroy the identity and purpose of the Firebug within the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The reload animations for Jack-Carver and Ivan's weapons needs to be greatly improved; they aren't smooth enough and are very unnatural.
Yeah, if any weapons were added, they would need a TWI polish and a little work; such is natural with community weapons. But it's a lot less work then making it from scratch:p

I'd like to see the husk weapon. The Firebug needs a gun that feels really powerful. Something to send weaker zeds flying through the air on fire and put a hurting on stronger ones.

Make it a viable main-weapon alternative to the Flamethrower. Right now, the Firebug is so married to the Flamethrower that it's a pretty boring class to play.

The pistols are nice too. Always room for more pistols.

Not a fan of a bolt-action rifle. It'd basically be a gun-version of the Crossbow. And for some reason, a WW2-era rifle with a Bayonette just doesn't fit in amongst Ak-47s, SCARs, and AA12s in my eyes.

Yeah, the Husk gun is massive fun to play with, but it needs a new model+skin and I don't know about balancing. With a little extra work though, it could be taken very seriously.

As for the Nagant, I don't see how it's just like the crossbow, sorry:confused:.
I expected "no LAR rip-offs", but as the xbow has a scope, slower Rate of Fire, less ammo, and considerably more damage, I don't quite get it. Maybe you could elaborate here.

Also, I see the Nagant as fitting in with the grittier style the game started with (before the SCAR/AA12/AK), and it would provide some nice contrast. But that's just how I feel; when it comes to atmosphere and style, everyone has personal preferences.

Upvote 0
Haven't voted or anything yet, but would rather ask about the Husk Launcher. Does it shoot a Fireball that deals AoE damage and ignites specimen in the blast so they also receive a DoT? If so... GIMME GIMME GIMME :D

EDIT: Regarding weapon melee, if that were to be implemented, it would either have to be slow (at least the cooldown between the attacks) or somewhat weak. I mean, we don't want to make the knife/machete more obsolete now do we?

You have to aim the Husk Launcher (HL) similar to a grenade launcher, though of course in a straight line; but at the ground not the specimens :eek:

That and the fact it works like the grenade launchers and the current HL used by the Husk, it has AoE damage, so you can light up several specimens closely packed.

From what i've seen, it'd be that "fire-based grenade launcher" that people were asking for a while ago.

Upvote 0