• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Armor/Speed

You just don't want your main class to be nerfed. :p You pretty much just proved my/Nenjin's point by admitting that the only specimens that are a serious threat to medics are Sirens and Fleshpounds - and it's true. Medics are a better Berserker than Berserker simply because of the nigh-impenetrable armor.
Helloo??
Double damage + double attack speed + not being able to be grabbed by clots doesn't change anything or what?
I'll pick the actual berserker over the medic any time if I want my main job to be slicing things up, thank you very much.
Especially being grabbed by a clot gets you dead real fast, 75% more armor or not.
Once that's gone, it's gone and you're 1 gorefast slice away from death and it's gone faster than you all think.

People who claim the medic is "the better berserker" should try this out first before making crap up but you probably don't even have both perks at lv6 so yeah, a lv6 medic is a "better berserker" than a lv1 berserker.

You've probably seen someone solo a wave as a medic with a katana + xbow.
Newsflash: the berserker can do that too.
Probably even better because he doesn't absolutely have to hit heads to 1 hit kill trash and he actually STUNS scrakes instead of just "letting them still move towards you while kinda making them stop their attack but sometimes not so the very second you stop attacking it, you got its chainsaw in your face".
But of course if you actually tried things out instead of talking, you'd know that.

Saying the medic with a katana is a better berserker is like saying the medic with a crossbow is a better sharpshooter: not true.

You dorks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People who claim the medic is "the better berserker" should try this out first before making crap up but you probably don't even have both perks at lv6 so yeah, a lv6 medic is a "better berserker" than a lv1 berserker.

I disagree. Berserker has few notable advatanges over the medic but after soloing plethora of waves with basically katana and handgun only as a medic with over 150+ specimen left (including flushes) within the past few months I'm more and more drifting to the idea that medic is far more 'beter' berserker regarding few things. One being survivability even in extreme situations as in case if you accidentally rage the flush you can just run, take it up the arse, heal and continue the pattern to not rage it again. Doing the same with berserker is far more problematic.

And he actually STUNS scrakes instead of just "kinda making them stop their attack but sometimes not really".
But of course if you actually tried things out instead of talking, you'd know that.

Sadly so does the medic stun scarke if you just hit it in the head properly. Or alternatively walk backwards while slashing and it's like donkey following a carrot it can't catch no matter how hard you try.

Upvote 0
Sure, he's way better at surviving stuff than the berserker.
Medics are way better at getting out of pinches than any other perk.
That's why I said they're good at running away.
Now if the skill of "running away" is overpowered (I'm serious) or not is another thing.

But mowing a mob of clots n gorefasts down quickly on the other hand while being closely chased by a pound, running through enemies, that's what the berserker is better at.
The berserker would just run the shortest way through, maybe kill them all along the way, maybe getting a few hits and that's about it.
He would get through.
The medic would probably get grabbed by a clot at some point and then get some sweet pound love and maybe survive it but without armor.
And then he's a squishy victim.

Of course, on offices the medic could just jump out of the window and then heal himself up very quickly and survive that way (only to be mauled by whatever chased him as it drops down the window and overruns him).

It's all very situational and you can't really say one is definitely much better than the other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont think medic can really do better than zerker in zerking. Cannot be grab by clots is really a big advantage. In suicidual, even you can escape a clot by jumping, once grab by a clot crawlers and gorefasts will be able to catch you.

What zerker can do and medic cant is:
-zerker have att speed bonus and can kill a group of zed quickly
-zerker can one hit clots and sometimes gorefasts even you miss the head
-zerker can kill a siren before she screams if you hit the head
-zerker has 25% resistance to all damage
-continue to kill a really big group of gorefast before zed time ends without getting hit
-still able to tank a few hits after armour is torn
-kill scrakes in seconds instead of continue to attack him for 10 seconds
-zerker can sometimes give up some of the armour points to kill some high priority target such as husks, sirens and scrakes even some clots' around, if a medic do so, he's dead or lose most of the armour points and armour points for medic is much more important than zerkers

Upvote 0
Double damage + double attack speed + not being able to be grabbed by clots doesn't change anything or what?

A medic and a zerk on the same situation . A squad of 1 husk , 2 crawler, 3 gore 1 siren and 2 clot . If the zerk and the medics decide to beat them, which one of them will die first ?
In this situation, does the attack bonuses will help you out ? Okay, it's situationaly too but imo, running away make the medic someone who can't be killed by only 2-3 crawler ... zerk did . (zerk can't heal themselves every 5 sec for 30 hp like zerk)

I dont think medic can really do better than zerker in zerking. Cannot be grab by clots is really a big advantage. In suicidual, even you can escape a clot by jumping, once grab by a clot crawlers and gorefasts will be able to catch you.

It's situationaly, if you're aware, due to the speed's medic he will not have a chance to grab you on larges area like west . Like said, someone who handle the medic perfectly will almost never be grabbed by clots.

What zerker can do and medic cant is:
-zerker have att speed bonus and can kill a group of zed quickly
-zerker can one hit clots and sometimes gorefasts even you miss the head
-zerker can kill a siren before she screams if you hit the head
-zerker has 25% resistance to all damage
-continue to kill a really big group of gorefast before zed time ends without getting hit
-still able to tank a few hits after armour is torn
-kill scrakes in seconds instead of continue to attack him for 10 seconds
-zerker can sometimes give up some of the armour points to kill some high priority target such as husks, sirens and scrakes even some clots' around, if a medic do so, he's dead or lose most of the armour points and armour points for medic is much more important than zerkers

1) Yes and no, medic can do the same/better, depending on the situation
If you have 50 zerk in front of you, you must take a weapon and forget about meleeing them so bonuses will not be useful in there.

2) Zerks must aim the head ! A medic will cut gore/clot/crawler/siren/bloat head in one short blow on the head ..

3) Zerk usually use xbow against them, unless if they didn't saw you . So i dont know if the "siren case" could be see like an advantage.

4) They got that resistance right .. but you will be killed quickly even with it (just take a double gorefast , you take -12.5 dmg for 2 blow , it's almost nothing =/ . Medics got an armor that will absorb a lots of damages and when the armor is down, he will heal himself incredibly fast, zerk dont have that !

5) I'm according that one

6) Same for medics

7) The zerks in that situation will probably die, the medic instead will loose some armor points ... only that.

Upvote 0
Why are you so hellbent on disagreeing?
Do you even know what you're trying to prove anymore or are you just constructing counter-arguments because?
I could do the same, saying the medic is the better sharpshooter because all you need to "be a sharpshooter" is an xbow.
I'd sound like an idiot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Eh, no. Just no.
Not being able to be grabbed by clots, getting an absurd attack speed and twice the damage while not becoming juicy once your armor is gone makes a difference.
The medic is good at running away from enemies and getting out of near-death situations with his healing abilities, the berserker is good at running right through enemies.

Yes, medic IS good at running away from the enemy and escaping death which makes him a better berserker.

Katana can decap almost any enemy with one or two hits, so where exactly do you need the berserker damage buff? You cant rly take out fleshpounds with that, and Scrakes get stunned with the katana no matter who uses it. The berserker attack speed comes handy only when he is surrounded by a group, but - like said - he will die anyway cause he cant withstand enough hits.

And what comes to running through specimens, how often do they actually run through a group of specimens? Thats right, never. The most common berserker tactic (that is, if you want to live) is hit and run. Take out one specimen, step back a bit and take out another etc. You cant just run through swinging your katana unless you want to die.

Then the 25% resistance.. Its so unnoticable, that a medic without his armor BUT with his quick healing abilities, would probably STILL last longer.

If katana stunlock ability would be given to berserker only, and his damage resistance would be increase by atleast 25% (making it 50% total..) then I would be happy.

Upvote 0
And what comes to running through specimens, how often do they actually run through a group of specimens? Thats right, never. The most common berserker tactic (that is, if you want to live) is hit and run. Take out one specimen, step back a bit and take out another etc. You cant just run through swinging your katana unless you want to die.
I am aware of that but don't tell me it never happens that you get surrounded in maps like offices or foundry.
It happens. And you do that to break through the tinier group of enemies so you can keep kiting them.

Katana can decap almost any enemy with one or two hits, so where exactly do you need the berserker damage buff? You cant rly take out fleshpounds with that, and Scrakes get stunned with the katana no matter who uses it. The berserker attack speed comes handy only when he is surrounded by a group, but - like said - he will die anyway cause he cant withstand enough hits.
The damage buff, as said before, is good to reliably actually STUN scrakes so you can take care of more urgent things instead of having it in your face for 10 seconds, potentially backpedaling into something bad and the speed buff is good for running through an ocean of clots, if needed, and taking out scrakes n husks even faster.
Taking clots down with 1 bodyshot is good too. You can't get constant headshots no matter how good you are.

If katana stunlock ability would be given to berserker only, and his damage resistance would be increase by atleast 25% (making it 50% total..) then I would be happy.
I'd be happy if the berserker had 50 more health which amounts to, if you include the resistance, about 200 health so he doesn't depend on that armor and a boosted self-heal so he can heal all that.
That would turn him into even more of a rambo-perk than he already is though.
However nerfing the medic shouldn't be an option.
It's one of the more balanced perks right now because it gets no weapon bonuses except for 1 and that is for a pathetic weapon.

Also the katana "stunlock", I believe, is more of a bug than a feature and should be implemented properly, with convincing animations instead of having the scrake just stand there and take it like a *****.

But this is completely besides the point anyway, we're talking about the medic soloing entire waves all the time.
Shouldn't his job be to prevent having to do that?
Isn't the fact that the medic is alone now a testament to his failure?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why are you so hellbent on disagreeing?
Do you even know what you're trying to prove anymore or are you just constructing counter-arguments because?
I could do the same, saying the medic is the better sharpshooter because all you need to "be a sharpshooter" is an xbow.
I'd sound like an idiot.

Because i want to give my vision of the medic ? And no, i don't do that kind of post / video to have the last word, i just want to show that medic got better argument than zerk with the same bonuses . And he will need a little debuff , something like -5% speed / -15-20% armor ... hell, would it have a great impact for the medic to take down these value ?

It's like having a submachine perk and a commando perk , they would have almost the same value but one will be better than the other one and as i read on the forum about that, a lots of people disagree with having a perk that do almost the same thing than the new one. Medics "defence side" is used to make a great warrior and actually, the great warrior is meant to be the Zerk, not him .

A medic is someone who heal people, usually he's weak . But in kf, he can easily replace the zerk's job . YEAH medic aren't made for offense but as you can see on a lots of server, a lots of people use it ... If they zerkic, it's because there is a reason no? I don't think it's a large amount of them are idiots and follow their friends like sheep =/ .

And, you know, actually i always use zerk to melee (with machette only ftw =D) because i think that medic is little imbalanced and, for sure, it's not his job to melee people with the same / better effiency (sometimes).

Same for m14, a lots of people don't like it and don't use it, it's their way to boycott it .

It's one of the more balanced perks right now because it gets no weapon bonuses except for 1 and that is for a pathetic weapon.
Well, if katana / xbow get fixed @ next updates .. Sure we could keep these stat but i really want to discard him 5 % speed bonus =/ , patty "avoiding" will be fixed and well, if he can't stunlock scrakes anymore with katana and can solo only 50 mobs instead of 200 .. why not .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A lot of people (actually no, I don't really see THAT many at all. There are by far more sharpshooters) pick medic because the medic is really useful to the team.
You know, to heal people. Not to go zerker.
There's always room for 1 medic in a team of 6 players. So he can heal people. Not so he can run off on his own.
That's why people pick medic. To be useful.
I know it's a novel idea but try to look at it that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A lot of people (actually no, I don't really see THAT many at all) pick medic because the medic is really useful to the team.
You know, to heal people. Not to go zerker.
There's always room for 1 medic in a team of 6 players.
I know it's a novel idea but try to look at it that way.

Saying such idiots thing will help you out in this thread ? Im not blinded, i speak about medic with katana / xbow keeping the back of a suicidal and the majority on the others side pick them to heal their comrades, ive nothing to say about REAL medics who stay withe their team and support them with some healing .

It's just the fact that zerkic is as good / better than zerk and he would to be fixed . Who likes to see a medic running around with his katana and healing no one when the team is crashed down by zeds ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You asked for a reason why so "many" people pick medic "over zerker".
There's your answer.

So the idea of a medic healing people is idiotic?
People always just pick medic to run off with a katana? That is his only purpose?
The medic is not one of the most flexible perks at all?
Now who says the more idiotic thing here.

You people are making an elephant out of a fly.
People were whining about the berserker somehow being "overpowered" before and now look where this got us.
The chainsaw is pretty much useless now.
The same people now say the berserker is "useless" even though the reason why they said he's "overpowered", the katana, is exactly as strong as it was before (It's just needlessly anoying to use now) and the berserker still has the exact same bonuses as before.
What giant idiot sheep with absolutely no sense of balance those people were.
And now you're whining the medic somehow is "overpowered".

Stop right here. Leave the medic alone.
This shall not become the newest fad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You asked for a reason why so "many" people pick medic "over zerker".
There's your answer.

So the idea of a medic healing people is idiotic?
People always just pick medic to run off with a katana? That is his only purpose?
The medic is not one of the most flexible perks at all?
Now who says the more idiotic thing here.

Medic over zerker to melee x_x . And no, saying that medic's main job is to heal people is idiots cause it's a fact, nothing else can heal people better than him .

And no, as i said, SOME people use medic to zerk with katana instead of taking zerk to make this job, that was what i meant. I didn't say that every medic was zerkic ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't say that every medic was zerkic ...

Damn straight you didn't.

I prefer my medic as MP7M/Xbow. This loadout is quite good.

My main weapon is MP7 with which i heal the team effectively, unless they're dancing around as if they're deliberately avoiding me.

My armour is perfectly fine.

Medic is perfectly fine. The problem is that the weapons he can use are just as good as when their perks use them. Katana and Xbow can both make jokes out of scrakes, and if you get it together a medic can solo a fleshpound.

Dropping the non-perk bonuses on weapons is a better alternative to nerfing medic into oblivion.

Berserker used to be worth using, with his chainsaw. Now look at him. Does anyone want this to happen to medic?

Seriously, anyone?

Upvote 0
I don't think anyone wants medic to be "nerfed into oblivion", just the lines between Berserker and medic to be more clear. Yes, Berserker has faster melee speed and damage bonus, but he's not nearly as sturdy as he should be. How often do you see Zerkers soloing almost entire waves as opposed to medic? Yeah.

Whether the best way to do this is by nerfing the medic's armor slightly, giving the Zerker more HP and making Scrake-stun a Zerker only attribute, or something else entirely, I'm not sure. I'm not going to sit here and be an armchair game developer but something should be tweaked somewhere.

Upvote 0
I dont know why and how a medics zerk better than zerkers. Just talk about taking down 6 clots, medic needs at least 3.6 seconds if you hit all the heads. Zerker only need 2.7 seconds by just clicking the mouse like crazy and dont need to aim for the head.

And, can a medic tank a door and dont even need to move? No, because the armour point for medic is so important, medic is just a peice of flesh meat without armour. What about a zerker? Thanks to 100% melee dmg and 25% att speed, zerker is constantly stuning zeds that he cant one-hit killing them (except fps). As long as your teammates are willing to get every single healing point, you will not die in most cases.

Medic may be better than zerker when both of them have to solo the whole wave but that means the medic FAIL to do his job. And zerker is not supposed to be a perk able to keep teammates alive. Zerkers cant instan kill a group of zeds like demo and support. Zerkers cant save a teammate that is chasing by a scrake or fleshpound by putting a double shot of hunting shotgun into the big guys. And, zerkers cant heal teammates quickly.

If you talk about soloing a wave, NOTHING do better than a ss. If you talk about zerking, zerker is the BEST perk. You will still be grabed by a clot if you try to fight a big group of them using medic. It is no way at this moment that medic "zerk" better than zerker.

Upvote 0
Once the armor of the medic is gone, he's gonna die pretty fast. The berseker will not die as fast as the medic because he gets a damage resistance and the bloat bile resistance (and the faster swing and more damage with melee weapons). Try to rely on your teammates (medic) while playing as a berseker.
/thread

Upvote 0
Ah ah ah! That's where the medics speed comes in, he runs around the map in circles avoiding everything until he finds some more armor laying around. :cool:

Simple thing here: Slightly reduce Medics armor bonus and increase zerker's defense. Amirite?

Nothing have to change on medic. The perk is totally fine.
I think decrease the dmg of Katana AND increase the dmg bonus of zerker is the most suitable way.

Upvote 0