• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic Armor/Speed

I have yet to see teams of Medics running around successfully on Suicidal with Katanas surviving the later waves solo. In fact, I can easily see this costing other players the game. So while this might be a better tactic for ... Perking up while your team wipes out on map after map, it hardly seems "overpowered" by the only metric I actually care about.

Sure, I often see Medics doing this on lower difficulty settings, but there are so many other degenerate and overpowered strategies you can use on lower difficulty levels that I have a hard time caring about it.

I've heard this point made over and over - The Berserker doesn't need the additional offensive power he gets, since he's not going toe-to-toe with FPs anyway. So why not look at tweaking down the offensive powers of the Berserker and give him some more defensive ones?

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the Berserker getting a cap on single-hit damage taken (E.g. All single hit damage over XX health is reduced to XX health). This would complement their damage reduction without potentially pushing them into invulnerability against swarms of weaker enemies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Katana's alone no you wouldn't unless i'm missing some strange technique of killing Sirens and Scrakes (quickly) without taking damage. But Katana + Xbow on a map with some space and you'd struggle to stop a Medic. Hell my lvl5 Medic on Wyre was fighting for the top spot in kills (the 2 of us on ~600 with everyone else 300-400 lower) by standing on the hill to the right of the Bunker alone.
Sure i got killed 3 times (1 of them was just me being stupid), both times by Fleshpounds, including a headless FP who was also the last enemy of the wave :p

Though your point stands. The Medic is just good at survival. Sharpshooter could easily do what i did though with alot more risk if it hits the fan since he can't just run off.

Upvote 0
This is the problem: The medic's speed boost exists so the medic can support his team better. It's not used like that; it's being used offensively!

So personally I think TWI should either remove the speed bonus, *or* change it so the speed bonus cannot be used effectively as an offensive player.

Think about it; the MP7M's healing dart makes the medic's speed boost not as useful anymore when used supportively.

Upvote 0
This is the problem: The medic's speed boost exists so the medic can support his team better. It's not used like that; it's being used offensively!

I fail to see the problem. It's basically make use of what you got. We have people saying that zerkers need to be nerfed or buffed or whatever, but no one complains when the zerker that holds down the doorway, albeit killing everything within reach, successfully keeps their team from dying.

If it were a problem with the game itself, such as the damage multiplier from chainsaws on spec heads, there'd be something legit to say. But the medic boost in speed is to ensure that they have the option of healing and getting from Point Assraped to Point Buttsecksed. If they don't want to heal and just wanna run around killing while their team dies one by one, that's their problem.

Upvote 0
I fail to see the problem. It's basically make use of what you got. We have people saying that zerkers need to be nerfed or buffed or whatever, but no one complains when the zerker that holds down the doorway, albeit killing everything within reach, successfully keeps their team from dying.

If it were a problem with the game itself, such as the damage multiplier from chainsaws on spec heads, there'd be something legit to say. But the medic boost in speed is to ensure that they have the option of healing and getting from Point Assraped to Point Buttsecksed. If they don't want to heal and just wanna run around killing while their team dies one by one, that's their problem.

true, the speed isn't the problem, it's the fact that medic can perform pretty much fine as other perks with their own weapons.

With Crossbows, medics can 1 one shot everything up to a scrake. With 3 shots, a medic by theirself can take out a fleshpound, providing there is no distractions.

With a katana, even lacking the speed and damage bonus, they can outperform average berserkers.

We just need to drop reload and swing speed by about 10% and damage by about the same. Not enough to make medics not carry the weapons, but just enough to encourage them to play correctly.

Upvote 0
I still have yet to understand why there's an actual reason that the medic perk itself should be nerfed. It's more of a play style issue than an actual perk bonuses issue, and I see it fixing itself once x-bow damage is fixed/nerfed/whatever you want to call it and the berserker is buffed to make it so he isn't outclassed by a katana-wielding medic. Personally, I still see medic as one of the most balanced perks in the game, and it seems like being able to move quickly with the overpowered x-bow is the only thing that really puts him over the top.

It's pretty much the same way you wouldn't (or I'd assume you wouldn't) nerf the Sharpie perk bonuses themselves just to dissuade M14 spamming idiots; you'd nerf the EBR with its 5 million mags by itself.

Edit: And/Or just take the obvious alternative to the zerker buffing and make the katana less powerful in the hands of other perks to solve that little issue. It is a pretty wicked piece of equipment regardless of class.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With Crossbows, medics can 1 one shot everything up to a scrake. With 3 shots, a medic by theirself can take out a fleshpound, providing there is no distractions.

Well it depends on the number. I think Scrakes can be 1hit killed by the Xbow upto 5man Suicidal its only 6man they can't, unless i'm reading the numbers wrong. Fleshpounds are awkward no matter what though as when you do kill them, they do the old school beheaded behaviour and rage up and chase you down.

With a katana, even lacking the speed and damage bonus, they can outperform average berserkers.

I dunno about that. There are occasions i wish i could attack faster and Scrakes *always* make me wish i did more damage. It depends if you're playing in an enclosed space or in the open where you can kite.

Upvote 0