• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mass Effect - PC soon to be owners

Hmm interesting, I didn't know that.

They are, obviously they are beeing very diplomatic about it, they are not about to rush out of the bush and shake their fists at EA in public, that would be very unprofessional, but whenever people on their forums asks about things like "what will happen if this or that happens?", they will be there replying "make sure you report it to EA" and "complain to EA!", making it very obvious that they are not at all happy about what EA has done to their game!

Btw it's quite funny that those who won't buy the game(and weren't planning to in the first place) complain more than those who are actually going to buy the game, proves my point. But that's not so important actually.

Rubbish, i was planning to buy it, even looking forward to it, after seeing all the nice things they have done with the PC port, but this is just unacceptable..

I'll buy it when/if it gets released on Steam, or re-released/patched to remove this junk, no sooner, just like i did with Bioshock.

I got burned by limited activations before, and i lost a perfectly good CD-RW drive to Starforce, enough is enough!

Upvote 0
168bs7k.png

I already got it for the 360.

Upvote 0
Rubbish, i was planning to buy it, even looking forward to it, after seeing all the nice things they have done with the PC port, but this is just unacceptable..

I'll buy it when/if it gets released on Steam, or re-released/patched to remove this junk, no sooner, just like i did with Bioshock.

I got burned by limited activations before, and i lost a perfectly good CD-RW drive to Starforce, enough is enough!
Just remember how people were complaining about Steam at the beginning. Now it's a big part of PC Gaming and will also do it's part to keep PC gaming alive.

Same will happen here eventually.

Upvote 0
Just remember how people were complaining about Steam at the beginning. Now it's a big part of PC Gaming and will also do it's part to keep PC gaming alive.

Yes, just like it did with Starforce.. ohh wait.

Steam is very different, it offers the end user benifits, it lets you buy games easilly and safely, it has a freinds system, you dont have to go look for patches, or use a DVD in your drive or enter a CD-key, you can easilly install and uninstall games as often as you want, and it does this with just one login, it does not give itself full admin rights to your system or take control of your hardware, and you can play offline with just 2 clicks, you can even use your Steam account on multiple systems.

The only good thing that SecuROM offers is that you dont need the disc in the drive, but it costs you the right to install the game more than 3 times without requesting more activations, if you dont launch the game for 11 days you will also need a new limited actication, you cannot change your hardware without using up an activation, if SecuROM's servers go down you cannot play offline, you cannot have your game installed on both your PC and your laptop, SecuROM also gives itself full admin rights on your system (even if the user who installs it does not have admin rights), creating a serious security hole in your system that can be exploited by malware and hackers, and it has access to your hardware too, and ontop of that, we dont even know what kind of information it is permitted to send back to SecuROM's servers.

There is nothing in SecuROM that we, the end users, should be happy about or want, it is there purely to hinder what we can do with our game, not to help us in any way shape or form! it is trating us as criminals despite the fact that if its installed, you obviously bought the game!

This cannot be compared to Steam, but it CAN be compared to Starforce! its exactly the same deal, only even more restrictive.

Upvote 0
Btw it's quite funny that those who won't buy the game(and weren't planning to in the first place) complain more than those who are actually going to buy the game, proves my point. But that's not so important actually.
People complain because => they are not happy with the product => They will not buy it.
People don't complain because they are happy with the product => they will buy it.

What point exactly does that prove?:p

No, it will NOT! Steam isn't just a copy protection... Go back a page if you want to read why steam is different than this nonsense 'cause I already explained it there.
EDIT: Add to that what Grobut said above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Blabla, of course Steam is something completely different but the reaction was just as negative if not even much more negative.

Btw it proves my point that some people(and I'm not saying that I mean you or somebody else here) just don't have a life and just always complain about everything just for the sake of it.

But you know what thinking about it I got better things to do than discussing this here so I stop the discussion from my side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Blabla, of course Steam is something completely different but the reaction was just as negative if not even much more negative.
It was more negative because it had a bigger name!
Besides, if the reaction to it was the only similarity you are going for although you acknowlege it is something completely different then you should have used the burning of Rome as an example. It hasn't got anything to do with the topic either but the reactions might well have been even more negative!:eek: Look around you know though: No one cares about it anymore...
No offense. Just my usual grotesquely kidding me.:D

Also, I know it's the standard way to end an internet discussion by claiming the opposing party has "no life" but that doesn't make it any better or any more valid, especially not since you yourself engaged in the very same discussion - just from the other side.;)

Upvote 0
Oh there you go with the insulting again. Seems more like it's you who's trying to pick an argument at every corner.

Of course this will eventually get hacked, but it might take some time for hackers to figure it out and every week without a crack means more copies sold. An online verification is also more of a deterrant since people are more afraid of getting caught than with a completely off-line system. There's basically nothing stopping people from playing a hacked CoD4 on hacked servers but I bet its ratio sold/pirated is rather favourable when compared to games that are predominantly played off-line like Crysis.

And since no-cd cracks offer ZERO protection against piracy these days, they no longer are a compromise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0