• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mass Effect 3

Thanks, but meh, the meaning is more or less intact.

Reads a bit like she's just skimming through games to check out the writing, which is cool as a writer, checking out your competition, but everyone else doesn't care about "the writing" as such. We care about the story, characters, atmosphere, and writing, although it's a huge part of that, is still only a part of it. Combat and exploration is a part of it as well.

She's kind of like a musician watching movies with his eyes closed so he can focus on the music. Which is cool, if you're specifically interested in music, but most of those who want to watch a movie are there for the movie as a whole (or for a dimly lit, ridiculously choreographed, pg-13 sex-scene, lol, but Mass Effect already got that covered..).

But let's assume that's not her, talking as a writer, but her, talking as a gamer who doesn't like certain traditional aspects of gaming.
What she doesn't seem to get is that there's a fundamental difference between games, interactive novels and movies, and focusing on story telling in a game doesn't have to mean stripping it from its game-elements and turning it into a movie with insane hardware requirements.

I mean, we need more people like her (not specifically like her, but you know: ), people who aren't stuck in the same gaming rut, people who can still look at gaming and can think about innovations and can design a game without only thinking inside the box of Modern Warfare for a FPS or Warcraft 2 for a RTS.

I still don't think her approach is the way to go. Maybe it'll help to get a couple of moms who hate gaming for what it is to play the game regardless (what a goal, lol), but how about thinking up ways to make the boring grind for EXP and in-game currency and the combat more meaningful, personal and cinematic, rather than just offering the option to skip it?

I mean, for the too-busy-to-game-but-still-gaming-because-they-have-to-for-their-job-in-the-gaming-industry-mom demographic it may be a serviceable quick fix for now, lol, but in the long run a little more innovation is needed.

Reactions: Xendance
Upvote 0
She's fat, ugly

I'm not going to disagree, but would DA2 be better if she was cute and sexy? or was this just gratuitous rant?

doesn't have a clue about gaming and screwed up the Dragon Age franchise, why exactly would I want her to make more games? What we need is more PROFESSIONAL writers involved in (story-based) games.

She could just go back to write fanfiction to whatever nerdhole they found her, but it ain't gonna happen, since she fits perfectly with the new BioEA style, and sadly, the sales speak louder than the critics.

Upvote 0
Just finished the earth part of the demo -> jesus this game is going to be SO epic. Surprised by how good the graphics look.

I strongly disagree. Lighting wise it's a bit better than ME 2, but otherwise it's pretty sub par. Hopefully full game is better.
Also why does Ashley Williams look like a 50 year old milf :|

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
Lolwut? She looks perfectly fine, 28ish. As for the graphics, imo it does look much better than how I remember ME2. Very sharp and the lighting is much better. Only sub-par thing I noticed were some of the 08/15 faces(as in from people wandering around in the background) which reminded me of dragon age faces. Also I guess the city background COULD be more detailed.

Upvote 0
I really love the new MP coop. It's extremely addicting, but it has a few bugs. The SP part of the demo wasn't that interesting for me, mostly because I watched hundreds of videos of that part. GOTY 2012 :D
I'm with you on the MP. I've played a ton of it so far with Yoshiro and a few others. I might get this game just for the MP alone, which is kind of sad to say for a BioWare game (SWTOR not included).

Upvote 0
I thought she looks like a stereotypical 50 yo woman who puts too much makeup because she thinks it'll make her look young :D

I think she has a super botoxed Nicki Minaj thing going on:
nicki-minaj-defends-her-grammy-performance.png

cmdr__ashley_williams_by_carter_kaine-d4f4qjd.jpg

Upvote 0