• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map] TE-Provkhoy beta

I'm going to test how many reinforcements sound good, 400 is the default reinforcements value in the SDK that's why I set that to this value. I will probably give more reinforcements to the attackers.

I think it's a formula but somehow adapted for each map. I thinks it's basically a kill/death ratio or smt per minute but adapted for each map. For example: you die/kill less on Fallen Fighters than on Commissars.

However I'm not saying your are talking **** or insulted you on this subject, I'm wondering why you took this personally

Did I said anything about you insulted me ? :) I didn't took it personally (lol), it's just that it seems so basic for me, it's just like explaining why the sky is blue. I really don't think that spawning distances are such a complex subject.

I'll take a look at various TWI's maps to get a better idea but if in the end defenders are closer to the obj and it works it'll stay like this.
Really try to do that. Even spawn with a soldier on each spawn and calculate how much you do until you reach the cap-zone - is even better than looking at maps. You lose a day or two but you learn alot, trust me.
The vast majority of the objectives are those where the attackers are closer. The small minority of the objectives where the defenders spawn closer, those are the objectives that ruin the maps (see Objectives B and C in Grain Elevator, Objective E on Spartanovka ...).

My goal is not to create a map on which 90% of games are stuck before the first objective...

You're missing the point: it's not about one or first or last objective - it's about ALL. You could have a "middle" objective that is impossible to take -> ruined map.
So be carefull on all objective, not just on one.

Like I said before, this is my first map, I'm working on this alone, my 3DS Max and Photoshop skill are not great but I wanted to make something for the community and have a fun project at the same time. Some people seem to like it others not so much, I'm trying to improve the parts which needs to be so that everyone can enjoy it but apparently my grass is too green ;)

Again you're missing the point. As I said before, more than graphics and layout people look at the balancing issue. There is no fun for them to play a map where they know they'll lose most of the time.
I personally could play a map with 2 houses, 3 rocks and 4 trees if it's properly balanced, than to play a gorgeous map where my chances of winning are 10% (not saying on your map it's 10%).

For beta I will add 2 assault slots and remove one engineer slot so the final layout for beta 2 will be something like :

• Assault 2
  • Rifleman 24
  • Elite Rifleman 1
  • Machine Gunner 2
  • Marksman 1
  • Engineer 2
  • Squad Leader 3
  • Commander 1

It's perfect ! (Maybe another Elite for a total of 2, but other than that it's perfect !)

See you on the battlefield

Only if the battlefield is fair ;)

Upvote 0
LeO, just wanted to say we don't all agree with Goten on this. I for one agree with you, defenders should be able to get to defensive positions first, otherwise it's not an assault, it's a race.

This is of course my opinion, and what Goten is saying is an opinion too, not an absolute truth, even though he tries hard to make it look like one.

Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
It's perfect ! (Maybe another Elite for a total of 2, but other than that it's perfect !)

Only if the battlefield is fair ;)

While I dont always agree with the man... I do on this matter...

2 Elite Riflemen please.

I am somewhat Bias, as I started as a rifleman, then went to elite, then Assault, squad leader and Commander, now I have snubbed all the fanicer roles and Automatic weapons and am back to Rifleman and Elite rifleman.

I Love my bolt action now... She is my baby :eek:

Upvote 0
LeO, just wanted to say we don't all agree with Goten on this. I for one agree with you, defenders should be able to get to defensive positions first, otherwise it's not an assault, it's a race.

This is of course my opinion, and what Goten is saying is an opinion too, not an absolute truth, even though he tries hard to make it look like one.

Can't +1 any more posts today so this is my visual +1! As Goten and I have gone around the horn already, I clearly agree with your assessment. Again, both opinions. His and yours (and mine).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: LeftHandPath
Upvote 0
So

found the same bug on this map like on my Univermag map

The spawn cameras showing not the current spawnposition
the Objective names would not showing on the display when they are under attack

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000027543/screenshot/505764952576570600?tab=public

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000027543/screenshot/505764952576576444/?tab=public

i played as German , i died, the spawnposition was not correct on the spawnselection sreen

i was alone on the server doesn't know about the disable weaponsound....

Upvote 0
Yes it looks like its something TWI need to fix,before any more custom maps can be released.
Server was crashing with the same errors we seen on Univermag.

[6518.90] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[6531.27] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 560]

Stack: Address = 0x41c804 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

[6531.27] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
[6591.34] Log: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 560]

Stack: Address = 0x41c804 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Address = 0x7d4e237e (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
Address = 0x47ea41 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4ae6f3 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it looks like its something TWI need to fix,before any more custom maps can be released.
Server was crashing with the same errors we seen on Univermag.

[6518.90] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[6531.27] Critical: appError called: Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 560]

[6531.27] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
[6591.34] Log: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\ro2\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 560]

Address = 0x7d4e237e (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\kernel32.dll]
Address = 0x47ea41 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4ae6f3 (filename not found) [in G:\RO2\Binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Are the devs reading these threads? I am kind of loathed to finish my map now until this gets fixed.

Upvote 0