• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who absolutely loves this map? I mean, it's gotta be one of my favorites. Whenever it comes up I spend the better part of 20 minutes trying to connect to the server, which is always full. Love the tanks, love the infantry combat, and the environment is STUNNING. I just wanted to congratulate you on an amazing piece of work.

I do notice, though, that the Germans are tending to get steamrolled a bit. granted, they don't have it nearly as bad as the Russians did initially, but once they get pushed past the fountain, they usually have no chance. The last german SP is also pretty vulnerable.

It is actually really difficult to get out of the spawn area on the last objective as the Germans.

Personally, I

Upvote 0
If only I could limit the spawns of the tank so they effectively don't have one by the time the final bridge comes around, this currently isn't possible.
But I may just have to glitch the tankers last spawn on purpose to spawn inf only. Problem is with the system as is I unfortunately wont be able to spawn the tankers directly into an infantry role when their time in the tank is up, they'll just be floating wondering whyTF they're not spawning and think it's a bug. They'll have to select a new inf role themselves. I don't like doing that, so I'll wait and see how this version turns out b4 making that call.

I wouldn

Upvote 0
I think the map is great but after playing it several times I notice that there is something weird about attacking C,D,F,G. I find it very unrealistic.

The trenches seem rather awkward. I think you should lengthen them some more and make the cap a little bit bigger in C and D. My rationale is that it makes it more realistic. Also this should help the Germans defend it better but it also ensures more Germans will be in the actual cap defending. This also helps the Russian when they cap it. They can use it as a firing base on to F and G. The only problem is that there are too many trees for them to see F and G. Perhaps reduce the amount of trees and grass for the Russians to suppress the Germans for their attack on F and G.

For F and G, I think there should be out of combat area on half the river and C and D. It is really annoying when a German sneaks across the river and makes it to the coast to spawn kill. Also, I don't understand why there are those weird shack things. Did the Germans not know how to put up sandbags and make a small fortress? It doesn't make sense to me that they had nice trenches at C and D and pathetic defenses at F and G. There should be some form of cover for them at the top of the hill. Did you want them to hide in the grass and scare Russians?! I'm kidding but having a weak sandbag fortress would be much more realistic. Also it will aid the Russians when they take H and I. I notice you did not really implement the idea of covering fire between CD, FG, and HI. The Russians are unable to cover their allies as they move up. Most Russians are blind charging until they kill a German.

For the last objective, the Germans should be holding a last stand. I think some maxims would be appropriate. Also, their spawn kind of sucks. Russians can shoot them from across the river. I would like to see that happen more at CD FG than at the last objective. The cap also should be further back too.

Overall, great map so far and I hope to see at least one suggestion I made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No that's not my doing Nezzer. In Classic mode it's not even possible t spawn on SL, which is what I play mostly. Pity so many servers play realism these days which does.
Join us on the Aussie/NZ server if the ping's not too bad for you. Classic baby, Classic. :)
Yeah, Yoshiro said that spawn on SL is now a server option and not up to the mapper anymore, so a realism server can still disable spawn on SL. I just wish it was a server option AND up to the mapper as well.

And about the last river, I think you could make a deep chasm there. If someone tried to cross, he'd fall and die. If a tank tried to cross it, it would be stuck. A cheap solution, but better than nothing at least.

Upvote 0
there are 3 houses where you don't have collision ( means you can walk through the wall into these houses and look from this house outside, but the enemy can't see you in there + you can shoot the enemy from inside the bugged house )

Capzones are to small, need another supply point in the town i would say.

Attachments

• ROGame 2012-08-07 23-30-16-020.jpg
    ROGame 2012-08-07 23-30-16-020.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 0
  • ROGame 2012-08-07 23-30-41-009.jpg
    ROGame 2012-08-07 23-30-41-009.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ROGame 2012-08-07 23-30-50-859.jpg
    ROGame 2012-08-07 23-30-50-859.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ROGame 2012-08-07 23-30-58-754.jpg
    ROGame 2012-08-07 23-30-58-754.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ROGame 2012-08-07 23-31-34-158.jpg
    ROGame 2012-08-07 23-31-34-158.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: SoFGR1
Upvote 0
Could you just put an invisible wall in the river to stop people entering it?
Yeah, that could work as well. Just have to make sure that wall doesn't stop bullets. As for blocking only tanks, you could have an invisible wall that can only be crossed by mantling. It would look really weird, but at least the tanks wouldn't be able to cross the rivers.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this map Harley i played a couple of rounds on it the other night and enjoyed it .Played as the attackers and managed to win the second round)

Interesding what you have done with the elevations and line of sights in the forest cap zones ,i like it its original ,It got very difficult once you leave the forest and start attacking the first caps in the town .So many places for the defenders to hide and wait , needs lots of smoke and team work to get past that point .

The bridges and forests and river crossings are the strong points in this map.I think it get over complicated once you leave the forest , maybe to many buildings .

Overall great map and thanks for the effort and i look forward to see were you take this :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.