• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Man eater Not Saving

WatAWooki3

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2020
Category: Other.

Reproducibility: Unknown

Summary: Game doesn’t Autosave and each time death occurs, you restart from the tutorial regardless of Lvl or experience.

Description
: When you die you start back from the tutorial. You can continue to proceed and level up, but as soon as you die, it throws you back to the very beginning even if you are several areas into that life and multiple levels in.

PS4
First playthrough, got to lvl 13. Turned off console. Came back to nothing
Second playthrough, got to lvl 17 game crashed and lost all data
Third playthrough, got to lvl 24 game crashed and corrupted data. Lost save and have to start again...
Please fix this issue soon. I don't like having to restart and would prefer getting auto set back to where I was

Reactions: Pagqi
Upvote 0
Wow still nothing huh?!?! Over a year later? My kid and I just played for a few hours. He died and we have to start completely over?! Now my kids having a fit! Screw you guys!!! Ill never buy another game you guys have anything to do with!
What platform was this on as we believe we have fixed every known case of it on most platforms.

Upvote 0
Can confirm. Bought it on end of year PlayStation sale. Played two hours. I think my daughter logged in on her account and started rdr2. I played today. Clicked continue. Lost all progress. PS4.
Any details you can share about what you last did in game, what area you left the game could help us investigate further. Did you happen to have any crashes? Can you confirm that after your daughter logged into her account, to play your maneater save, you logged back into your account?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My son is 7 and we have played the game together twice now. First time we completed game and purchased truth quest add on, only to have our progress deleted. After many tears (by both of us) we started all over and got to the scaly Pete battle, only to lost ALL progress. My son doesn’t get what bugs are. I really need this resolved or a refund for the add-on at minimum. XBox Series X user.

Upvote 0
Got the game from epic games, enjoyed the first 3-4 hours of game. Ended my session with fast travel to the "Grotto", quit to desktop, continue with my day. Coming back to the game and found out that the game doesnt save at all. No sign of data corruption. It's like i never played the game at all. It's my 3rd time playing the game today, and still the same result. No saves at all. The game is cool but its frustrating playing like this. Just add manual save option in the game. Please fix this.

Upvote 0
so i downloaded the game from the epic games store, played it for 4-5 hours, got to elder, then closed the game via "quit to desktop", next day i open the game and my save file wasnt there, thank god i didn't pay for this, because if i did i would've asked for a refund instantly.
I too downloaded it from Epic games and started fresh twice, since the game failed to save. I found a workaround, that if you disable cloud saving on this game in Epic launcher, it'll use a local save file and that seems to be working.

Upvote 0