• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Maneater Known Issues PSA

Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.

• Xbox One X Overheating - We are aware that some Xbox One X users hare having an overheat shut down/message and are working with Microsoft to address this issue. We are also aware that a set of PS4 players are reporting something similar and also are investigating.
  • Progress Loss/Save Game Issues
    • We are investigating a now much more rare progression loss issue and are looking for player help in identifying points of commonality in what they have done prior to having it.
  • PS4 Frame Loss - We are investigating reports that users are getting massive frame loss in some situations on PS4.
    • We believe we have found a major cause of this and have a fix targeted for the next update
  • Stability
    • We have tracked down several stability/crash issues and will have them fixed in hotfix 2
    • We are continuing to investigate other stability issues
  • Achievements not be awarded after Hotfix 2
    • We are investigating cases where some players are still not getting achievements to pop up after Hotfix 2
We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

This list has been updated to reflect post Hotfix 2.

Last edited:

Comments

SheReload

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 22, 2020
United States
Please fix the fps on ps4 the game is so unplayable 😪

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
We've had a few users report that, but we need more details. This is not something we have experienced in our testing. Please make a bug report in the console section letting us know what exact console you have and what is happening when you have performance loss.

SheReload

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 22, 2020
United States
The issue happens when you are swimming fast above and sometimes below sea also when you try to escape the Hunter's on the attacking boat it starts lagging other than that the game is awesome but i hope the issue is fix on the next patch for ps4

Hastor

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
Please update this thread as these are resolved. I'm overheating on Xbox One X and really hoped to spend the long weekend on this...

I'll be signing up for email notifications so please post a reply if something is fixed or you know when it will be, rather than just updating the topic which won't notify us.

Thanks for the acknowledgement of these issues. While of course issues can happen, this one's pretty bad, but I respect a company that doesn't pretend they don't exist, and communicates about fixes! Better than sending my Xbox off to MS for no reason for sure, as I first worried it was just me.

kewlguynick

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
The landmark I have noted on the map does not appear with a signpost and I can not claim this landmark to 100% the region. I have restarted the game and my computer to test.

Attachments

Tyrleon

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
Also on PC and although I completed the Revenge mission near "Beating a Dead Horse", the Location marker still shows as active, but there is no visible marker near the landmark.

Including this notice because the "Known Issues" seems to indicate that this is a Console-only Bug related to not having Day 1 patch, but I have the PC Retail release from Epic with automatic updates, so the stated situation does not apply.

Zexxy

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
Please fix the fps on ps4 the game is so unplayable 😪
Made an account to say this. PS4 framerate is awful, makes the game completely unplayable. Once the bounty hunters show up the framerate drops to 5-10fps and it feels awful. Even just going through the ocean results in many frame dips. The starting area seems to have the least amount of frame drops, but once you progress into the next two areas it becomes unplayable. I was enjoying the game but I had to stop playing due to the framerate. I don't recommend buying if you have the base PS4 until these issues are fixed.

Reactions: lazy and SheReload

SheReload

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 22, 2020
United States
Made an account to say this. PS4 framerate is awful, makes the game completely unplayable. Once the bounty hunters show up the framerate drops to 5-10fps and it feels awful. Even just going through the ocean results in many frame dips. The starting area seems to have the least amount of frame drops, but once you progress into the next two areas it becomes unplayable. I was enjoying the game but I had to stop playing due to the framerate. I don't recommend buying if you have the base PS4 until these issues are fixed.
Thank You 👍👍

Reactions: Silentnight

THE DAWNRUNNER

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 7, 2020
I'm not sure why but multiple times playing (e.g. loading into cutscenes) caused the game to crash. Due to this I entirely missed the end of the game as when I loaded back up I was dawned in the grotto with the last mission complete and never got to see how the game ended on my first playthrough/completion. (Xboxone)

Mbuu

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
On the PC whenever i go in options then video, i cant seems to exit the screen. i need to alt+f4 to close the game to exit and reopen

Eragon98

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
I just want to say thank you very much for working on these issues to better improve the game. This is a fun game and have been enjoying it very much. I love how you guys made it. I hope there are future plans with this game to expanding upon it. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing what more can happen in the world of Maneater.

Reactions: Trapz7

trmrddr

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
Is there going to be anything done to fix the lost save data? Recovery? I put down the game at around 5pm today (before your PSA), and was going to sit down to play some of it just now, and my save data was gone. 0 hours and 1 minutes played now. I was level 30 and had just one location left to uncover, so I was very far into the game.

Ascenion

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
With regards to Queen of the Ocean, are you aware of issues with the Achievement not unlocking even though everything is completed? I’m on Xbox One and I’ve 100% completed everything in every area (all check marks) and story progress shows as 100%, but the achievement still won’t unlock. It’s the only Achievement I don’t have if that makes any difference. Everything else unlocked fine.

Hastor

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
Yeah I'm currently pretending this game got delayed and waiting for an update or two to pretend it out again. What I was able to play was great.

Lightsp33d1987

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2020
Sub to my YouTube Channel ;-)
Dead Horse location glitched on me the ? is there but nothing to destroy this is stopping me to get 100% please get this sorted ASAP so i can finish this game, The location is Beating A Dead Horse me and a ton of others have this same location glitched.