• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I think that the lockdown is a great feature. In Ostfront I hated it when we were playing clan matches and sometimes had to either defend the first objective(s) for 20 minutes against an inferior enemy that didn't have a change, and sometimes it was us who were banging our head against the brick wall and couldn't capture even the first objective(s) in 20 minutes.

You seem to think this only from a public players perspective and about immersion and such but it's not all there is. I started playing RO in a clan back in the mod days and I think lockdown is something that adds much to clan matches, the lockdown times might just need some tweaking but hey, that's what this BETA is for right?

Upvote 0
I don't mind the lockdown mechanism to shorten matches. I can't stand the players not moving into the objectives in territory mode. Many of them happily camp around and really close to it but seem to be afraid to step in and actually do something useful.

Yes, because shortening matches is the answer :rolleyes:

An un-necessary further disadvantage to an already compromised attacking team, which shortens gameplay and does nothing to improve players' tactical skill-set, making it easy for the defenders and even more frustrating than having a stalemate for the attackers.

Great..

Upvote 0
Lock down is a good feature but needs to much scaled to the maps, Apartments is perfect but Red Factory needs to have it lockdown timer double and some extra as the first stage of the map is all about nailing the defenders with the rocket strike but you only manage to fire one off at the start (5min cooldown, 6min round). I had so many matches in matches in Ostfront where it was clear who had won but it took ages until the match was over...

Upvote 0
On the other hand I can tell you it's also frustrating to be the one to draw the attention and go in first, while the rest of my team is to afraid to even make a single step. Then they stay in this state for minutes while I am either trying to cap alone vs multiple enemies (e.g. I am not caping at all) or die trying.

Reactions: Wodin
Upvote 0
Yep i agree it needs tweaking the idea of it isnt bad but in practice it just seems to add a rush and cap, or lose feeling into a fight when it appears..

We all ready have a map time limit and reinforcments to bring a battle to a close, and in most cases just as a team starts getting its act together, and progressing the lockdown appears and like some one already said you forget everything and just rush for the cap...

Upvote 0
I dislike lockdown. I think it's one of the worst additions to Red Orchestra. In RO1 you had long excellent battles, sure there were stalements from time to time, but some guys always found a way to break through. It could be after 10 minutes or 30 minutes. And the guys that succeeded to break through was always considered heroes. It was usually guys with leadership abilities. It just felt great to be able to advance, especially after a long siege / stalement. It lifted your spirits!

But now, everything feels so rushed. Long battles are gone, and the enjoyment of lifting a stalement is also gone. I mean, how can there be a stalement if it's only five minutes long? You got to have patience, stalements is part of war, and personally I found them very exciting. Getting a squad togheter, and taking the long route around enemy strongholds. Now you need to cordinate all that in less than five minutes.
It ruins the immersion, at least for me.

Especially when it means the server changes map every five minutes. Sometimes it feels like I'm spending more time watching the loading screen than actually playing.

Upvote 0
On the other hand I can tell you it's also frustrating to be the one to draw the attention and go in first, while the rest of my team is to afraid to even make a single step. Then they stay in this state for minutes while I am either trying to cap alone vs multiple enemies (e.g. I am not caping at all) or die trying.

Here here....can drive you nuts...I love the rifle otherwise I'd be a Squad Leader as I think they get followed plau players can spawn near them. If you have a rubbish SL your screwed...please people only take the SL spot IF your willing to move into attack and know what your doing.

@greenlemonade....and what exactly is the developers intended method of play...cos to me it seems they didn't really know and tried to find a balance buy adding abit from that and abit from this and ended up with neither one thing or another...

Last edited:
Reactions: HLudwig
Upvote 0
I think lockdown is a good idea to shorten rounds where one side is getting slaughtered. But atm on some maps lockdown is present during the large part of the round. On apartments it's ok: cap the first 2 objectives and you get rid of the lockdown, if you can't cap the first 2 in 5 minutes then it will be unlikely you will win the round. But even on apartments it has problems.
The lockdown timer is too short, alot of rounds end with the soviets losing because of it and if the soviet manage to cap the first 2 caps they have enough time to fool around to win the round so it's quite unbalanced.

On other TE maps like commisar's house lockdown stays on for the most part of the round caps, I've seen the soviets lose on the last 2 caps, even though if there wasn't lockdown they would've won easily. If I wanted to play a map that requires me to rush the objectives due to a short timer I would've played CD. On Redoktober it's the same problem.

Upvote 0
I don't mind the lockdown mechanism to shorten matches. I can't stand the players not moving into the objectives in territory mode. Many of them happily camp around and really close to it but seem to be afraid to step in and actually do something useful.

It doesnt change people's behavior whatsoever. Just turns the game into a bunch of super short matches.

Upvote 0