• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Leningrad Streets

Nimsky said:
Yeah it's nice but it needs more bombed out **** on the streets, for firefights

That's what the germans did afaik, bomb the **** out of the city

Of course! Personally I like to build everything up, then blow it up. That way I get a very realistic look because I have the complete building done and can see where all the pieces would likely go if it were hit by a bomb or tank shell or whatever. Plus who doesn't like destroying their own work? ;)

Upvote 0
DrGuppy said:
Of course! Personally I like to build everything up, then blow it up. That way I get a very realistic look because I have the complete building done and can see where all the pieces would likely go if it were hit by a bomb or tank shell or whatever. Plus who doesn't like destroying their own work? ;)

That's more funnier with sandcastles than with polygons in UE :|

Upvote 0
FYROM said:
Case in point, RO-MoltkeBridge. And that was with before and after aerial photos of the neighborhood cataloging the buildings and level of destruction.

Maybe with Flashpanhunter now on the dev team, we might get a fully-realized Moltke Bridge map.

Well his map wasn't too accurate even after getting tons of material from various contributers among the community including me. I don't think that'll change. It's not the material itself - it's how to use it and to think oneself into the whole thing.

Most practicess regarding good material seems to be - "Yeah give me material I will ignore it anyways" :)
I witnessed this a lot and got very creative answers why this and that can't be done. ;)

Upvote 0
Solitaire said:
Well his map wasn't too accurate even after getting tons of material from various contributers among the community including me. I don't think that'll change. It's not the material itself - it's how to use it and to think oneself into the whole thing.

Most practicess regarding good material seems to be - "Yeah give me material I will ignore it anyways" :)
I witnessed this a lot and got very creative answers why this and that can't be done. ;)

Whatever, people start somewhere, and that was an amateur result from a then amateur. This thread is for DrGuppy's very promising work.

Upvote 0
Yes it is. This is the current thread for it: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9524

For the past month and a bit I haven't been able to get the Soviet spawns working. If I could get them working I could release the map to the public. The farthest point I've got to with the spawn system is a completely working prototype in a testmap but everytime I put those values into the real map it doesn't work. Really frusterating. :(

Upvote 0